Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

On 5/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I love that it looks more and more like Dany dies.

Her whole storyline always irritated me in the books when Martin left Westeros to her. 

And sorry, but she's just the least deserving of the Iron Throne among those still in the running to get it.

Tyrion is smarter and much more the diplomat.

Sansa has the nobility of her father she witnessed combined with the atrocities of her own experiences to bring her some ruthlessness, survival skills, and the ability to read and question people's motives.

Arya is Arya.... a mothertruckin bad@$$!!!

Jon Snow is absolutely everything, including the rightful heir, which is why he likely dies.

Dany's an entitled snot... once you discard the whole being sold to Khal Drogos as a teenager by her brother... but things even worked out well for her there.

Kill her off and let a Stark sit on the Iron Throne... it's been destined since the beginning of the very first book/episode.

An entitled snot?   Did you miss the years of the series where she was going place to place freeing slaves?

Or almost died in the desert from starvation.....

Or was sold off by her brother to be a ***** for that Kahehsi dude

Or basically have up TWO of her dragons in fights that really were not hers?  She could have been attacking Kings Landing with all 3 dragons....a calvery of Dothroki.....and a complete army of unsullied...it would have been a slaughter and she would HAVE the Iron Throne

What?

I am not going to say that she has MORE of a claim to the throne....but as far as rulers go you could do much worse then someone who actually has a heart but a firm hand when needed

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

An entitled snot?   Did you miss the years of the series where she was going place to place freeing slaves?

Or basically have up TWO of her dragons in fights that really were not hers?  She could have been attacking Kings Landing with all 3 dragons....a calvery of Dothroki.....and a complete army of unsullied...it would have been a slaughter and she would HAVE the Iron Throne

What?

I am not going to say that she has MORE of a claim to the throne....but as far as rulers go you could do much worse then someone who actually has a heart but a firm hand when needed

First of all, I don't think Danys is a villain.

But as far as the remaining protagonists go, she's the last person I want to see on the throne.

Tyrion, Arya, Jon Snow, Sansa, THEN Daenerys is the order for me.

Tyrion's way ahead of the pack.

Arya next, but she's a longshot--though Varys's comments in the last episode about how it might be best to have someone on the throne who doesn't want the throne combined with Arya telling Gendry she's not a Lady and doesn't want to be has me wondering.

Jon and Sansa are basically a tie for me.

All of them I would like.

Like I said before, I hated the Daenerys storyline in the book and it hasn't changed much in the show.  All the peripheral characters in her story have always been more interesting.  Khal Drogos, Ser Jorah, Greworm, Missandre...  I like all these characters more than her.  Yes, she suffered, but in the very beginning of the series for a brief time at the hands of her brother, who she had killed, and Khal Drogos, who she fell in love with.

Then she walked into a fire and got 3 Dragons.

It's not the same as the other characters and I just don't want to see her sitting on the throne at the end.

Just my opionion.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What?

Right, she could have had the Iron Throne for about two minutes before she, her dragons, and entire army were turned into undead.     Her relationship with the North hasn't been entirely one sided.   And lets be honest the eighteen minutes she spent every episode listing her names was getting a bit annoying.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Right, she could have had the Iron Throne for about two minutes before she, her dragons, and entire army were turned into undead.     Her relationship with the North hasn't been entirely one sided.   And lets be honest the eighteen minutes she spent every episode listing her names was getting a bit annoying.

My point is she could have gone that route and instead once again chose to do the right thing

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:48 PM, row_33 said:

Tyrion is one of the best TV characters the late 25 years

he has to carry so many of them in every single scene

Dinklage plays a great drunk.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:00 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

For me it's been since the Red Wedding, but mainly because there's just no way to top that in terms of sheer visceral unpredictable tragedy.

Knowing it was coming my only thought was don't screw it up HBO.  They nailed it like they did Ned's beheading.  Once they got past the books my favorite moments on the show was the Hardhome battle because I didn't see it coming.  The Night King raising the dead in silence as the survivors rowed away was great directing.

The whole sequence setting up Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor was also great just by the pure volume of people she took out.  Margaery was the only character I was sad to see go.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Minor character.

The death was gruesome, but who cared about that guy?

He was a fan favorite as the actor was perfect for the role and was given good dialogue.  The dialogue between him and Tyrion in the dungeon agreeing to be his champion was GOT at its best.  Actually improving on the book.

11 hours ago, PIZ said:

Are  the  books  an easy read or is it like reading Lord Jim or Moby Dick where you can't figure out what is going on because the grammar is not easy to read?

Easy.  The alternate chapters written in the third person POV's from different characters keeps you hooked.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like I said before, I hated the Daenerys storyline in the book and it hasn't changed much in the show.  All the peripheral characters in her story have always been more interesting.  Khal Drogos, Ser Jorah, Greworm, Missandre...  I like all these characters more than her.  Yes, she suffered, but in the very beginning of the series for a brief time at the hands of her brother, who she had killed, and Khal Drogos, who she fell in love with.

Then she walked into a fire and got 3 Dragons.

It's not the same as the other characters and I just don't want to see her sitting on the throne at the end.

Just my opionion.

They created sympathy for her the last episode so I put her chances at 50%.

Can’t hate on Khaleesi. She almost lost her entire army and dragons to the night king. She sacrificed a helluva lot. She deserves the throne at this juncture imo. She saved all off Westeros (granted Arya, who I absolutely love, killed the night king, but Khaleesi bought them so much time to get to that point. It’s like she did all the heavy lifting and Arya was the field goal kicker who kicked the GW FG.)

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The throne sits empty because the lust for it destroyed the Kingdom. They become an autonomous collective. Just because some watery tart lobs a sword at ya doesn't make you king.

Now we shall see the violence inherent in the system, the repression

• Haha (+1) 1

There are many hands still left to be played... The Lannisters tend to underestimate their enemies... -Olenna Tyrell is a classic example. 

She took out a king without so much as batting an eyelid.

And we still don't know who's pregnant daughter (Robb's wife) got butchered at the red wedding... (She was said to be high-born) anyway, Those people are

probably still reeeeaaly pissed-off... Then there's that Wizard Dany barbecued in Qarth, after the dumb motherfluffer stole her dragons... -His people already

tried to kill her once before.  Lots of things are in play.. -Including the return of at least one dead dragon.... Resurrection seems to be a recurring theme in these

stories. Berrick Dundarian came back six times, John Snow got stabbed by the entire knight's watch and came back,  The night king could bring back

skeletons, Humans, Animals.  Didn't those red witches show up in Mereen to pledge loyalty to Dany???  -I bet a whole gang of them could wake up a dragon

if it came to it... Just Sayin'.

Edited by #34fan

Who is Gendry's mother? He told Ned Stark she had yellow hair. I have a feeling there is a reveal of some sort coming up regarding that.

I just realized maybe that was only for the info that convinced Ned that Baratheon kids always had dark hair, even with a yellow haired woman like Cersei, making her kids illegitimate.

Edited by Turk71

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What?

She has had some people die in some cruel ways out of vengeance though that goes beyond showing a firm hand.  Crucifying all the slave owners in Mareen.  Locking two people in a vault to starve of starvation.  Needlessly burning two people alive (the Tarly's) instead of maybe just beheading them.  Jon executed the Night Watch betrayers in more humane ways and they killed him.

She still has Targaryen blood in her and she'll probably always have to fight that impulse, but her willingness to listen to her advisors can help her curb that.  She also seems more intelligent to me than Jon as he's made some stupid decisions and blind luck is the reason he's still alive.  I'm still with her.

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Can’t hate on Khaleesi. She almost lost her entire army and dragons to the night king. She sacrificed a helluva lot. She deserves the throne at this juncture imo. She saved all off Westeros (granted Arya, who I absolutely love, killed the night king, but Khaleesi bought them so much time to get to that point. It’s like she did all the heavy lifting and Arya was the field goal kicker who kicked the GW FG.)

and she's smoking hot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

There are many hands still left to be played... The Lannisters tend to underestimate their enemies... -Olenna Tyrell is a classic example. 

She took out a king without so much as batting an eyelid.

And we still don't know who's pregnant daughter (Robb's wife) got butchered at the red wedding... (She was said to be high-born) anyway, Those people are

probably still reeeeaaly pissed-off... Then there's that Wizard Dany barbecued in Qarth, after the dumb motherfluffer stole her dragons... -His people already

tried to kill her once before.  Lots of things are in play.. -Including the return of at least one dead dragon.... Resurrection seems to be a recurring theme in these

stories. Berrick Dundarian came back six times, John Snow got stabbed by the entire knight's watch and came back,  The night king could bring back

skeletons, Humans, Animals.  Didn't those red witches show up in Mereen to pledge loyalty to Dany???  -I bet a whole gang of them could wake up a dragon

if it came to it... Just Sayin'.

for a resurrection of Dan'y dragon (at the bottom of the sea) you need to (re)implant another priest or priestess of R'hllor.  Then have somewhat a lengthy conversation, and have (scuba gear) to place chains around the dragon to pull him up. 

OR as my fan theory goes two other priestess of R'hllor somehow find and brings a dragon(s) to Westeros.  

The writers have it laid out such that no one knows if Dany will got Dark Side or not.

Is Jamie going to protect or stop Cersei?

For Jamie to get close to Cersei to kill her the Hound needs to kill the Mountain.  Possibly the same for Arya depending on who she is disguised as ... 

Arya kills Qyburn and gets close to Cersei

Arya kills Euron and  gets close to Cersei

mcerb5y2ycr21.jpg    306?cb=20150427213704  lord-of-light-101-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rumor -   ?? Aaron Rodgers set to appear on ‘Game of Thrones’ in a cameo ??

Let another man buy drinks for his wife at the game?

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Horrible planning and awareness on her part during the battles, even worse is her acting ability

Image result for Dany Premonition of Throne Season 2

I've been thinking a lot about this picture and what it could mean.  I'm thinking that perhaps Dany wins the throne but it costs her everything.  Her dragons and Jon will be dead and everyone she cares about has already died.  Ultimately she got what she wanted but it ended up being a Pyrrhic victory

Perhaps I'm just grasping at a good finish for this series.  The changes of Kings Landing and the excuse of Dany forgetting about Euron (and not seeing him) are getting to be a bit much for me.  I'm trying to stay positive but I really wish they hadn't rushed these last 2 seasons...

When the series passed beyond the books, they dropped some threads that Martin was setting up, and I think the later seasons are weaker because of it. Whatever happened to the Horn of Winter or Dragonbinder?

If they are going to have a moment where the cavalry arrives during the siege of Kings Landing, like with Stannis North of the Wall, the most likely candidate, imho, is Daario and the Second Sons.

We'll get Clegane Bowl and Arya will use her faceless skills at least once more, killing Cersei using probably Qyburn's mug, but more fun would be Jamie's. Sure, his arc towards redemption is cool and all, but all Arya knows is he attacked Ned in the street and threw him into the dark cells.

There's a part of me that wants Varys to suddenly start talking in a deep voice, explain he was never a eunuch and he has some secret identity and some claim to the throne. With Littlefinger dead, Varys is the main one moving in the shadows, and he keeps saying he is loyal to the Realm, which is to say he is loyal to no one in particular, maybe just himself.