Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Still a potential out for him to forfeit the right, I suppose. Highly doubt that's the path tho

Oh  I see Jame dying.  By the mountain or a dragon depending on what his motives are in KL 

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the Imp will win out in the end, he's still intact (that means a lot) and is clever enough to win sympathy to join the next winning horse

Fan rumors are still pushing for Tyrion to be a Targ.   but "really" who would respect an Imp on a throne?  

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

i doubt the writers remember either.... i'll just try to enjoy the finish without picking holes in the plot bigger than the Grand Canyon  :D

After all, It's just a tv shoe!

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh  I see Jame dying.  By the mountain or a dragon depending on what his motives are in KL 

My other theory now is that Jamie is on a murder/suicide mission to take out Cersei who he blames for turning him into the bad person he doesn't believe is worthy of Brienne.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nobody will “win” the throne because the throne won’t even be intact at the end. 

I was thinking that this week. I still think Dany ends on a positive note overcoming her hunger for control. (Jon’s death as a catalyst for the transformation)

Would be fitting that the breaker of chains gives independence to the North, etc.

17 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

My other theory now is that Jamie is on a murder/suicide mission to take out Cersei who he blames for turning him into the bad person he doesn't believe is worthy of Brienne.

yeah, the story went a long way with Jaime.... like 5-6 seasons worth, and unlikely to just cast all the development away due to cold feet.

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I was thinking that this week. I still think Dany ends on a positive note overcoming her hunger for control. (Jon’s death as a catalyst for the transformation)

Would be fitting that the breaker of chains gives independence to the North, etc.

If there has been one overriding theme in GoT, it’s the idea that we are captives of our own natures. That we are what we are and we usually end up serving those natures for good or ill. That’s not to say characters haven’t evolved, but that’s a different discussion. Dany, more than anyone imo, has shown dual sides to her nature; from cruelty to compassion. We’ve seen the writers deliberately portray her as suddenly so power hungry that nothing else matters, like last season when she postponed her attack on Cersei and KL to serve a greater good. 

Not that poetic justice means anything in the GoT universe, but it’s perfectly plausible to me that in the end she serves the greater good once again. I like your idea that her love for Jon and losing him would serve as the catalyst. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

i doubt it meant THAT MUCH after all he's been through, bewildered in 90% of his scenes.

I told my wife that it was going to be Varys who ends up on the throne, or at least Tyrion and Varys.  If everyone is killed off, could Varys become King?  I know he has no succession plan, but didn't he say something about wanted to be King someday or someone in the show saying he will be King someday?

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I told my wife that it was going to be Varys who ends up on the throne, or at least Tyrion and Varys.  If everyone is killed off, could Varys become King?  I know he has no succession plan, but didn't he say something about wanted to be King someday or someone in the show saying he will be King someday?

The Red Woman told him he'd die on that miserable continent just like she would.  Didn't say when though...

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

"I have to die in this strange country, just like you - Melisandre   RIP 

Volantis ......  where dragons come from???????? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Everyone hates Tyrion and Varys though and the common people would not follow them under any circumstances... let alone any of the remaining lords.  Mind you, people hated Tyrion as hand and he is still wanted for Regicide and Patricide/Kinslaying.  When he was Hand for Joffrey, the people despised him despite him protecting them from Joffrey's stupidity/cruelty and also saved them from being sacked.  One of his last public appearance, he basically told everyone he wishes they were all dead.   I also suspect that people of King's Landing will have had their fill of Lannisters ruling after this battle/war.

Nobody likes or trusts Varys either.  

Edited by May Day 10

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tyrion is one of the best TV characters the late 25 years

he has to carry so many of them in every single scene

Tyrion and Varys are my favorite actors / characters on the show.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I'll go a little deeper and say that he will save all of King's Landing by killing her just as he did the Mad King.  The only question in my mind on this is if he'll get credit for it (in the book of accomplishments that has nothing next to his name) or if he'll continue to be uncredited.  Is GoT the kind of show that will give him credit for his final "salvation", hopefully righting the wrongs he did in the first few seasons (and probably before) or would he be remembered for doing nothing of importance?

I'm inclined to go with the latter, just like how nobody really remembers Tyrion saving the city during the Battle of the Blackwater.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

13 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I'll go a little deeper and say that he will save all of King's Landing by killing her just as he did the Mad King.  The only question in my mind on this is if he'll get credit for it (in the book of accomplishments that has nothing next to his name) or if he'll continue to be uncredited.  Is GoT the kind of show that will give him credit for his final "salvation", hopefully righting the wrongs he did in the first few seasons (and probably before) or would he be remembered for doing nothing of importance?

I'm inclined to go with the latter, just like how nobody really remembers Tyrion saving the city during the Battle of the Blackwater.

because the sniveling coward Joffrey took credit for the victory 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Tyrion is one of the best TV characters the late 25 years

he has to carry so many of them in every single scene

The difference in acting ability between Tyrion, Davos, and Varys is very notacible compared to the rest of the characters at least in the North.