Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

As I sit 2 episodes away from the end of it all I can’t help but think that if Dany didn’t listen to her advisors she would be better off. 

Everyone acts like Dany is this crazy women and yet if she just did what she initially thought she should do, what her instincts said to do, namely take her 3 dragons and destroy Kings Landing, she would be ruling Westeros now.

Instead by listening to her advisors, which she’s been told to do, she’s lost 2 dragons and the bulk of her army. Not to mention the 2 advisors she trusted the most.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He had enough time to scoop Missandei either from out the water or off her ship, so I'm guessing he didn't have to bail at all. 

Greyworm told her to jump into a skif.    I assume they picker her up adrift.    

There are a boat load of things to complain about.   

My weekly concerns did the story lines

Did they proceed they way I wanted them to? 

Did they throw on an Ohshit moment?  

Did I get a few laughs from slapstick comedy?

Kind of, Yes and Yes.  So, I'm satisfied 

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Picture of the actual cup:

776902121_ScreenShot2019-05-06at11_38_25AM.thumb.jpg.fac0711456813d6df0c750fba0ddd08a.jpg

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

it would be better for the early on to be a horses head and the latter a horses *** 

You need to watch for entertainment purposes and not dissect every detail.  

1-4 had the books to follow.   5 - 8 they were winging it 

Guessing that drawing is a "stock Internet thing" :D

And I've watched the entire series, so I get the entertainment purposes lens (I mean, I don't have a problem with Dragons or the living dead, or the notion of some other entire planet / civilization).  

But just starting to feel like too many shortcuts.  Like Dany is a bad ass, but then just flies blindly into the enemy?  Ain't buying it... :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Apparently Episode 5 is titles “B itches Be Crazy”

Excuse me sir but avoiding the language filter is against the TOS... :ph34r: :nana:

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I feel like the Dragon Queen is getting a really bad rap and Sansa should be MORE GRATEFUL

Were it not for her this would already have gone very differently....

The night king would still be alive....marching towards Kings Landing....Winterfell haven fallen and Sansa and the whole of Winterfell would all be trodding along as the undead and NONE of this makes any difference at this point.....the Golden army and Cercei then stand no chance....and it is only a matter of time before the Night King would have won all....

SO BECAUSE OF THAT.....the Dragon queen is now down to Drogon (as of right this moment) and her huge army obliterated.......she didnt have to do ANY of this...

Bunch of ungrateful *$$*754

As much as I like Sansa I have to agree with this.  Dany is going crazy but she isn't wrong to feel like everyone is being ungrateful for what she supplied and ultimately lost.  Dating 101 Jon blew it when they were talking him up and he just looked at her.  He should have said something like "none of this would have been possible without Dany."  He would have helped her feel a part of it and appreciated.  He really does know nothing... :D

22 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I realize that Sansa seems to be thinking clearly now (other than he seemingly unfounded distrust and dislike of Dany, as well as her clinging to the idea of the "North".  The undue tension Sansa has been creating with Dany is a primary driver of the upcoming conflict.  If Sansa was more supportive and backed Jon from the getgo, things would most likely have been easier.

But my issue is the sudden 'pivot' of Sansa being a naive "I like songs" girl who is abused and constantly getting manipulated, to this tough ruler who wears black suits with hoops and chains ornamenting them was kind of hasty and convenient.  I don't mind her if she ends up as lord of winterfell/warden of the north because she is the Stark with the best claim (considering Bran recognizes he isnt in fact Bran).

To see her end up at the very top of the heap as ruler of Westeros at the end would be lame (IMO)

I think the change really took hold after Joffrey's murder.  When Littlefinger shot the drunk (blanking on his name), then murdered his aunt, then married her to Ramsay, she started her journey to what we see now.  She learned a lot from people that were really succesful at playing the game.  Cersei even took her under her wing for a bit.  She saw how cold and calculated people had to be to survive.  Season 7 showed how good she was at ruling and that continues in season 8. (all imo - appreciate the discourse here! :beer:)

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

As I sit 2 episodes away from the end of it all I can’t help but think that if Dany didn’t listen to her advisors she would be better off. 

Everyone acts like Dany is this crazy women and yet if she just did what she initially thought she should do, what her instincts said to do, namely take her 3 dragons and destroy Kings Landing, she would be ruling Westeros now.

Instead by listening to her advisors, which she’s been told to do, she’s lost 2 dragons and the bulk of her army. Not to mention the 2 advisors she trusted the most.

If she did that the dead would come to King's landing with even more wight's and she'd have no clue how to kill them (besides burning them) as dragon glass wouldn't be mass produced.  She made the right choice.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If she did that the dead would come to King's landing with even more wight's and she'd have no clue how to kill them (besides burning them) as dragon glass wouldn't be mass produced.  She made the right choice.

Whys that? How did her army contribute to ending the NK? Arya could have still killed NK without Dany and her Dragons... in fact the NK wouldn’t have had a dragon himself so it would have taken him longer to get through the wall and Castle Black.

She could have first taken Kings Landing then turned her attention to the north.

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

WTH was that?  There were too many dumb moments to mention about last night's episode - from the fact that the army that won "The Great War" suddenly became tactically stupid, to the fact that we didn't get to see the most important moments.  I LOVE this show, but last night was a big 'ol disappointment for me...

D53MvTXWAAAqP-a.png

there are no wrong answers

i'm too tired and stuff to think too hard, i preferred last night to the prior episode though...

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

Excuse me sir but avoiding the language filter is against the TOS... :ph34r: :nana:

I think that was a typo and he really meant        Itches Be Crazy   :flirt:   :lol: 

Those filthy clothes have to be itchy by now

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

23 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Whys that? How did her army contribute to ending the NK? Arya could have still killed NK without Dany and her Dragons... in fact the NK wouldn’t have had a dragon himself so it would have taken him longer to get through the wall and Castle Black.

She could have first taken Kings Landing then turned her attention to the north.

Word. For someone who talks about those dragons like her children (or used to, at least)...they're dropping at kind of an alarming rate. And like you say, unnecessarily so.

So is Euron that smart, or did they have intel about where Dany and her ships would be and when?

Here's my theory - the leak in Dany's "organization" is Sansa and/or Arya.  They figure they can get rid of Cersei on their own and don't want Dany as a ruler of all 7 kingdoms.  This decision was made when Sansa asked Dany point-blank "what about the North?" after she takes the throne and Dany pulled away without answering.

They want a Stark as ruler of the 7 kingdoms, or they don't even want a 7 kingdoms any longer (if they ever did).

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

Because the Earth is round! Checkmate flat earthers! And Jaime kills Cersei.

But, they're not not the Earth - they're on whatever flat planet Westeros is on! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I realize that Sansa seems to be thinking clearly now (other than he seemingly unfounded distrust and dislike of Dany, as well as her clinging to the idea of the "North".  The undue tension Sansa has been creating with Dany is a primary driver of the upcoming conflict.  If Sansa was more supportive and backed Jon from the getgo, things would most likely have been easier.

But my issue is the sudden 'pivot' of Sansa being a naive "I like songs" girl who is abused and constantly getting manipulated, to this tough ruler who wears black suits with hoops and chains ornamenting them was kind of hasty and convenient.  I don't mind her if she ends up as lord of winterfell/warden of the north because she is the Stark with the best claim (considering Bran recognizes he isnt in fact Bran).

To see her end up at the very top of the heap as ruler of Westeros at the end would be lame (IMO)

I have been contemplating this basic thought:

Sansa realizes Dany is a threat and is using the Littlefinger playbook of Chaos is a ladder. She is turning Varys, Tyrion and (to a degree)Jon against Dany. I wouldn't surprise me that the twist is she somehow let Cersai know of Dany's travels in order to start to get Dany out of the way; knowing that Dany's tendencies are to burn it all down which makes her the Mad Queen to the people of Westeros and cause her most devout followers to abandon her cause and look towards another - which could be interesting to see is if she is doing this for Jon or for herself ultimately. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I have been contemplating this basic thought:

Sansa realizes Dany is a threat and is using the Littlefinger playbook of Chaos is a ladder. She is turning Varys, Tyrion and (to a degree)Jon against Dany. I wouldn't surprise me that the twist is she somehow let Cersai know of Dany's travels in order to start to get Dany out of the way; knowing that Dany's tendencies are to burn it all down which makes her the Mad Queen to the people of Westeros and cause her most devout followers to abandon her cause and look towards another - which could be interesting to see is if she is doing this for Jon or for herself ultimately. 

Dany's "turn" also perturbs me a bit, but waiting to see it play out to see.

The rest of the story focuses on establishing she is on a plane with Rheagar, who by all accounts was a fairly righteous dude.  She was getting her eye poked by the sons of the harpy on a daily basis for years, showed all the restraint in the world, and even locked her dragons (children) up.  80% Of her character arc is freeing and trying to defend slaves.

This character, built over 7 seasons is not a character who will willingly torch thousands of innocents.

Im hoping that as an audience, we are being steered one way, and Dany will throw a curveball and fool everyone

Next week, daario nahaaris is going to magically fly in, just in time on another dragon, born by eggs laid by drogon or somebody

Edited by May Day 10

The additional dragon angle was not on my radar at all. Interesting thought and observation from the opening.

No way Dany goes full villain. Would be an incredibly stupid ending IMO

I’m still predicting Jon’s death having a sobering effect on her. Dany will give Sansa the north.

Edited by Rockpile233

I can't believe no one has mentioned Brienne and Jamie yet.

Or that little hottie that was all over Tormund. (Was she really Arya wearing a face?)

?

Edited by Bad Things

43 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

No way Dany goes full villain. Would be an incredibly stupid ending IMO

I get what your saying, but last night's episode really showed Dany in a different light.  They did a great job filming her during the scene where she begs/commands John not to reveal his secret.  She was cast in this "evil" red lighting that made it very easy to see her going over the edge.

That said, I thought last nights episode was fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Brienne and Jamie yet. (Or that little hottie that was all over Tormund.)

I think Jamie woke up next to Brienne, looked a good look at her and said WTF am I doing?!? :doh:He's dead next week, maybe killed by Cersei.

It would be wild if Brienne chased after him all the way to KL. If she does, she's dead too.... or maybe in the last show, she ends up with Tormund in another *****-up relationship like Carol and the idiot King on Walking Dead.:D