Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

3 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

People forget.......she told V he is going to die.

Yeah but she didn't say when.  Only that he'll die "in this strange country."  That could be decades away for all we know, although I agree her tone was foreboding.

8 hours ago, eball said:

The clip is up-thread somewhere, and I watched it again (the whole episode) last night.  I continue to be more and more impressed with what they did with the episode the more I watch it.  Anyway, Jon almost certainly hollers "GO, GO!" just before the final scene when he jumps out in front of zombie Viserion.  I do think it's possible he was creating a distraction for Arya.

I like it better if he’s  saying GO GO for the dragon to get out of the way because he knows he won’t make it to Bran in time. Jon isn’t exactly the sharpest card in the deck & I can’t see him setting anything up for Arya. Maybe they will explain on Sunday.

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

I like it better if he’s  saying GO GO for the dragon to get out of the way because he knows he won’t make it to Bran in time. Jon isn’t exactly the sharpest card in the deck & I can’t see him setting anything up for Arya. Maybe they will explain on Sunday.

I'll gladly take the L if they explain it next week as so, but I'm pretty sure he was giving up and admitting defeat.  He's had a bit of a death wish since he was killed the first time.    

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I rewatched it with closed captioning.   When Jon screams all that showed was "yells."  That happened with other characters as well, unless they were saying something specific.  I would think if Jon were yelling "Go" it would have displayed as such.  Even when Jorah collapsed and uttered something inaudible,  it displayed as "I'm hurt."

3 hours ago, Rico said:

3 hours ago, stony said:

I'll gladly take the L if they explain it next week as so, but I'm pretty sure he was giving up and admitting defeat.  He's had a bit of a death wish since he was killed the first time.    

Yeah, I could see it being an exasperated “go away” scream as well. Either way, an awesome ending. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yeah, I could see it being an exasperated “go away” scream as well. Either way, an awesome ending. 

It was spectacular. I can't think of too many other "OMG" moments in other shows or movies as big as the end of the NK.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Verrry Interesting 

Before                                                                                                           After 

5cc8ac642400002c0c524da1.png?ops=scalefi  5cc6b49e240000d80038b8f4.png?ops=scalefi

Maybe he was just feeling a bit more positive with a belly full of wine.

?

• Like (+1) 1

I finally had the time to watch the episode so I turned down the lights and did it knowing it was going to be dark.

I love this series and I loved this episode, but I do think the series is losing its bravado.

The series peaked at the Red Wedding... but to be fair that was an extremely high bar it set for itself.

All that said, I did love the episode even if it was a bit predictable and placating to mass appeal.

Absolutely no one of real consequence died.

And when I say real consequence at this point, I'm pretty much talking Lannister, Stark, or Danys... though I realize many will argue Ser Jorah would be one. And I actually think his death was the most significant because it showed me one thing:

Danys is a B!+C#!!!

I rewatched that scene a couple times and it's pretty clear that she pulled Jorah in front of her to shield herself from death.

Stark :lol: contract from Jon at the end who was trying to fight the zombie dragon and ready for his death.

Danys needs to die.

Tyrion and Sansa win the game.

That's my immediate reaction after watching the episode.

Oh... and how the heck could anyone have thought Arya would die in this episode? Girl's a badass.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:00 AM, K-9 said:

If I'm Kingsford charcoal, I'm on the phone with Hound's agents to discuss making him our spokesperson.

He'd be better selling KFC... -Man loves that chicken!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I rewatched it with closed captioning.   When Jon screams all that showed was "yells."  That happened with other characters as well, unless they were saying something specific.  I would think if Jon were yelling "Go" it would have displayed as such.  Even when Jorah collapsed and uttered something inaudible,  it displayed as "I'm hurt."

Same here but it does sound like GOO Go. 

Nice fan theory either way.  

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I rewatched that scene a couple times and it's pretty clear that she pulled Jorah in front of her to shield herself from death.

I thought that too but with the quick rewind/ replay Jorah throws his arm out pushing her back.  

• Like (+1) 2

I interpreted Jon's yelling as a "go on, lets get on with it" for one last face-off with the dragon which he would almost certainly lose.  He was hemmed in and he saw man's last hope was the small chance of him beating the dragon and getting to the nk.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a pretty funny link about how fans have gone off the rails:

This show is suffering from giving fans 2 years to theorize and hype up this last season.  It will be disappointing for many when things don't happen like they want them to or how they thought it would go.  My friend gave me the best advice this season, watch with no expectations.  Just enjoy it because it will all be over soon.  People want to blame D&D and talk about how better it was when they were still pulling from Martin but here is season 2 episode 9 being broken down like people are with the long night.  Enjoy it as a parody but it does raise some good points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

so that stupid make believe blog post proves what?

It doesn't prove anything.

It is attempting to show that earlier seasons had some of the same "issues" that people are bemoaning about this season.  That the earlier seasons weren't as perfect as many of the criticisms of this season pretend them to be.

That's all.  It's parody.  It says in the title it is parody.  I posted it as parody.  Parody.

• Like (+1) 1