Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Cersei's army is made up of mercenaries from across the sea.  I don't know if it will come into play, but there are over a million people in Kings landing, very few of which like the current seat holder....

Very interesting. 

I read a large portion of the Golden Company is made up of Targaryen exiles who were on the wrong side of a civil war.  Curious if this comes into play.  So many things...so little time...    

15 minutes ago, TPS said:

Cersei's army is made up of mercenaries from across the sea.  I don't know if it will come into play, but there are over a million people in Kings landing, very few of which like the current seat holder....

Also, Daario stayed behind to join up with the mercs... we've already seen him take over one mercenary army to help Dany before. I'm thinking he makes an unexpected appearance to help turn the tide at some point. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Also, Daario stayed behind to join up with the mercs... we've already seen him take over one mercenary army to help Dany before. I'm thinking he makes an unexpected appearance to help turn the tide at some point. 

In the back of my mind too.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Was there no one here who wanted to see Sansa kill reanimated, headless Ned Stark (or Rob even) when they were down in the crypts?

Edit:  Better yet -- Tyrion kills reanimated Ned.  Keeps the Lannister/Stark wheel rolling.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, snafu said:

Was there no one here who wanted to see Sansa kill reanimated, headless Ned Stark (or Rob even) when they were down in the crypts?

IIRC, Rob was tossed in a river somewhere and there are only Ned's bones. I was hoping for Leanna personally...

18 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

There are opinions, then there's incessant whining because things didn't go your way.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that opinions contrary to your own all represent "incessant" whining. Here I thought we were in a discussion forum, meant to discuss. How silly of me to have an opinion critical of the show and to express it in a thread dedicated to discussing said show and our opinions of it. 

If my opinion represents "incessant whining", yours represents an inability to tolerate criticism of your favorite pop culture thing. It's okay for people to have different opinions, you know.

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great theory on Bran's true role laid out here:

I read that this morning and thought with all the evidence laid out wouldn't Melisande actually be a better lord of light?  If everything has an antithesis as the post states (very Matrix of them lol) then wouldn't her disappearing after serving her purpose of helping defeat the NK be exactly that?  If Bran was the lord of light he should have died when the NK did.  

On a side note I love this series and guessing about it but man there are some fans that do a ton of work with their theories.  It has made being a fan so fun.  This post was so well done even if it led me to a different conclusion.  It is one thing people that watch this show after it is done will miss out on.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, section122 said:

And the dead came through Eastwatch right?  I figured they were as there would be no other reason for Howland Reed to be at the Tower of Joy with Ned but appreciate the info.

Eastwatch  I believe is correct.  

17-Wall-Eastwatch-7x05-1-1024x576.png

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that opinions contrary to your own all represent "incessant" whining. Here I thought we were in a discussion forum, meant to discuss. How silly of me to have an opinion critical of the show and to express it in a thread dedicated to discussing said show and our opinions of it. 

If my opinion represents "incessant whining", yours represents an inability to tolerate criticism of your favorite pop culture thing. It's okay for people to have different opinions, you know.

You shouldn't make assumptions. My favorite pop culture thing?  What gives you that idea? It's a TV show and I derive some entertainment value from it.  I'd suggest that you are the one too fully invested.

• Like (+1) 2

Does anyone know how the whitewalker army got so large? It seems like you can't reanimate a 'dead' whitewalker, and there can't have been all that many people living up above the Wall...plus it seemed like someone w/ Valeryian steel or dragonglass could take out a good 5-10 of em before getting killed...how tf did they get so many people in that army?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Does anyone know how the whitewalker army got so large? It seems like you can't reanimate a 'dead' whitewalker, and there can't have been all that many people living up above the Wall...plus it seemed like someone w/ Valeryian steel or dragonglass could take out a good 5-10 of em before getting killed...how tf did they get so many people in that army?

The NK could keep reanimating the dead, as we saw even last night. The majority of the dead army was wildlings/men of the watch.

We don’t know the amount, but the actual WWs to my understanding are mostly Crastors sons that were given to the NK. It didn’t seem that there were many of these. They rarely joined the fighting.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

The NK could keep reanimating the dead, as we saw even last night. The majority of the dead army was wildlings/men of the watch.

We don’t know the amount, but the actual WWs to my understanding are mostly Crastors sons that were given to the NK. It didn’t seem that there were many of these. They rarely joined the fighting.

But he can only reanimate the ones who got killed by the WW, right? You can't reanimate a former WW killed by dragonglass or special steel...I'm thinking with those constraints he'd have a hard time increasing his numbers in perpetuity

53 minutes ago, section122 said:

I read that this morning and thought with all the evidence laid out wouldn't Melisande actually be a better lord of light?  If everything has an antithesis as the post states (very Matrix of them lol) then wouldn't her disappearing after serving her purpose of helping defeat the NK be exactly that?  If Bran was the lord of light he should have died when the NK did.  

On a side note I love this series and guessing about it but man there are some fans that do a ton of work with their theories.  It has made being a fan so fun.  This post was so well done even if it led me to a different conclusion.  It is one thing people that watch this show after it is done will miss out on.

That was the same thing with LOST, which was also a huge TBD board favorite. The discussion and "investigations" between episodes was almost more entertaining than the show itself (and the show was awesome). Agreed that folks who didnt get to experience it in real time will miss out on the best part. When my wife watched LOST for the first time, I tried limiting it to only 1 or 2 episodes a day so she could get a chance to form her own theories and bounce them off of me.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

But he can only reanimate the ones who got killed by the WW, right? You can't reanimate a former WW killed by dragonglass or special steel...I'm thinking with those constraints he'd have a hard time increasing his numbers in perpetuity

That's right. Everyone he re-animated towards the end were recently killed "good guys". The Dothraki, etc. He could not reanimate any of his own army who were killed with dragonglass or Valarian steel.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes, but up until this point there wasn’t wide use of dragonglass. Everything he accumulated north of the wall was mostly intact.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

All of the population North of the wall.   Who knows how many 1000s of free folk were left behind.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think he can only animate those not killed by dragonglass...  possible Valerian steel.  Did anyone see Ned Stark in the crypts?  Was he killed with an ax or his won sword?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Also...can LIVING people killed by Valeryian steel become WW? Wasn't Eddard Stark beheaded with his own sword, and I dunno if he was buried in that crypt or not but would he have been reanimated?

LOL