Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They know the end is near and they rushed it.    They may already be working on the prequel where people have no expectations based on an unfinished 7 book novel 

They've been rushing it since season 2. Perfectly understandable given the constraints of episodic tv story telling. IMO, fans have been rushing it far more, though, with their own versions of how the story should go. 

3 minutes ago, stony said:

So how many survivors total are we thinking? 500? 1,000? 3,000? 5,000? 

It'll be interesting going forward to see who else joins the North/Dany.  The cowards at House Glover remain unscathed and should join back up (maybe).  Perhaps the Tully's, they never sent any men.  Does Dorne come back into play?

I know there's two dragons still, but they're going to need some bodies.  

Howland Reed is the only living person who can verify Jon's patronage... I'm thinking we'll see him and his daughter before the final three. 

• Like (+1) 2

Shady mentioned this back a few pages, but did Dany throw Jorah into the sword that killed him?  Sure looked that way.

Also, what in the world was Bran doing the whole time?  He warged into a crow for what reason?  Just fly around and do nothing?  I thought for sure he was going to warg into the WW Dragon and eat the Night King.  He seemed kind of pointless.  It would have made more sense for the NK to just kill everyone alive first, and then worry about Bran.

Arya killing the NK had my wife hollering like I do when Josh Allen scores TDs.

1 minute ago, stony said:

It'll be interesting going forward to see who else joins the North/Dany.  The cowards at House Glover remain unscathed and should join back up (maybe).  Perhaps the Tully's, they never sent any men.  Does Dorne come back into play?

I alluded to this earlier .... 

The Tulleys / Riverun, whats left or the Twins and what of the Reeds and the Crannogmen?  

White Harbor, and House Manderly's 

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It does make me question why they wanted to limit the final season to just 6 episodes.  Perhaps more could have been done had they not done so.

There is a finite budget. If you don't want the big battle scenes, then sure - they could have done 10 episodes. It's a TV series.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Howland Reed is the only living person who can verify Jon's patronage... I'm thinking we'll see him and his daughter before the final three. 

I was excited for this but rumor has it, he wasn't on the casting for this season.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True ....  Still a friend of the Starks ....   Maybe not enough fro Dany

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't get it???  

\never mind ... I stumbled across a pic Arya Stark > Damian Lillard

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Shady mentioned this back a few pages, but did Dany throw Jorah into the sword that killed him?  Sure looked that way.

Also, what in the world was Bran doing the whole time?  He warged into a crow for what reason?  Just fly around and do nothing?  I thought for sure he was going to warg into the WW Dragon and eat the Night King.  He seemed kind of pointless.  It would have made more sense for the NK to just kill everyone alive first, and then worry about Bran.

Arya killing the NK had my wife hollering like I do when Josh Allen scores TDs.

Bran already knew what was going to happen, he was just killing time waiting for the NK to show up.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Tulleys / Riverun, whats left or the Twins and what of the Reeds and the Crannogmen?  

Gotcha.  I'm assuming the Manderlays fought.  I don't remember them refusing the 'call.'  Could've missed it, I'm usual hitting the pinot by 9pm.

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I did find myself wondering where in the heck was Meera Reed?  I thought for sure she would have been there to protect Bran one last time but I didn't see any Reeds when they called all the northern lords at the start of episode 2.  Are they not technically in the North?

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

\never mind ... I stumbled across a pic Arya Stark > Damian Lillard

Moreso it was after Lillard hit the series clinching shot and didn't smile/celebrate just a cold blooded assassin which is why Arya's face is so perfect there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I did find myself wondering where in the heck was Meera Reed?  I thought for sure she would have been there to protect Bran one last time but I didn't see any Reeds when they called all the northern lords at the start of episode 2.  Are they not technically in the North?

I forget when it was said, last season or this, but they made a point of noting that the Reeds were staying in their castle. (That'st their rep in the books too). They're definitely of the North. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I forget when it was said, last season or this, but they made a point of noting that the Reeds were staying in their castle. (That'st their rep in the books too). They're definitely of the North. 

I remember Meera saying she had to go be with her family during this time but didn't know that about the books :thumbsup: (will only read them after they are all released - the tv show has given me enough blue balls lol).

Wonder if we will see them again...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

Moreso it was after Lillard hit the series clinching shot and didn't smile/celebrate just a cold blooded assassin which is why Arya's face is so perfect there.

Yes.  to the north and west neat the coast (I'm a geek)  

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes.  to the north and west neat the coast (I'm a geek)  

And the dead came through Eastwatch right?  I figured they were as there would be no other reason for Howland Reed to be at the Tower of Joy with Ned but appreciate the info.

31 minutes ago, section122 said:

As an aside I highly recommend watching this show with Closed Caption on.  There are a lot of subtleties and quiet dialogue that I would have missed throughout.  I started watching all tv with sub titles after my daughter was born and I have just left them on.  GOT they are fantastic and helped me understand so much more (imo).

I always watch it the second time on my iPad using subtitles as I always miss things in the first go, then we'll watch the previous episode as it leads into the new one.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, stony said:

Cersei's army is made up of mercenaries from across the sea.  I don't know if it will come into play, but there are over a million people in Kings landing, very few of which like the current seat holder....

Every Bran theory has likely been incorrect. Still time left though. I like a lot of those points.

I’ve argued for several years that Jon is already dead. There was clear justification in the books that, like Beric , he was reanimated to play out his part. That has always led me to the thought that, like Beric, he would be dead at the end of the story.