Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

Tyler Kroft Verified account @Kroft86
LETS GOO! #BattleForWinterfell

Jerry hughes Jr Verified account @Iam_jerryhughes
#BattleOfWinterfell

Reid Ferguson Verified account @SnapFlow69
One of the most incredible episodes of TV I’ve ever watched. And the next 3 episodes are only going to get better.

Lesean McCoy Verified account @CutonDime25
Game of thrones !!!!!!

thought I'd share 

Ultimately was very entertaining television. Way more survivors than I would have thought.

I’d say the only disappointment was the dragons. Didn’t love the dragon fight scene or that Jon was mostly away from the action.

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Bran was the target, he was coming for him.What was the point of Bran being marked? Why was he the target? He also knew Arya would kill the night king, he gave her the dagger in the same spot she killed him.

What about the Prince that was promised? The Night King always let's Jon live? What was the point of that? The point of Craster and the baby scrifices? Absolutely everything they put into the army of the dead and the night king, the nuance, the mystery was wasted.

All of last season - the army of the dead is coming, winter is coming we have to team up to stop them. It's been the second leading build up besides Cersei's cunning power grab. He was just another zombie; the fan theories are way better than what the show writers gave us. It's not Seinfeld ending bad, but it doesn't sit well when you think it thorough. It feels like a mechanism to get people together to go after Cersei. They could have done much more with the whole white walker and NK arc. The army of the dead might have well been the Frays.

Thats what books are for, though it looks like we shall never see them. I hold out small hope that perhaps Martin will announce the next book release soon after this season ends.  

As for a TV soap opera with magic, dragons and zombies, the producers and network tend not to dig so deep.  It seems to me that a lot of what characters and plot they focus on is driven by fan reactions, popularity, and budget. 

Last night was like watching a natural disaster. After awhile it became numbing and all I wanted to do by the end was take a head count. What’s going to be really annoying to me is that it appears from the previews that they will make a quick pivot from one plotloine to another.  There are mounds of corpses in Winterfell.

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I missed the first part last night. Why did Clegane freeze in the hallway?

He has a thing with fire that has been ongoing through the series (his life).  His bro held his face into the fire disfiguring him and he fears fire.

He bailed on the Battle of the Blackwater with all the fire, and again freaked when fighting Dondarrion and his flaming sword (dont remember if that was highlighted in the show, but in the book, his arm caught on fire and he started weeping).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There shouldn't be.  Most were reanimated, then shattered in to ice.

the newly dead are piled in heaps.   the group of 6 or so shattered.  

Only the long white haired "generals" shattered to ice.  Maybe these were the babies he took to create others that could control the dead? 

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Feels like there are a lot of people that didn't actually pay attention to the episode....

....or it was too dark. ?

I had trouble falling asleep and turned on some of the West Coast showing.  

Without obsessing about trying to make out faces and worried about who is going to perish, it was much easier to follow and enjoy.  The dragon scenes were still a bit choppy though

33 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

they kind of crumble

giphy.gif

Were those the “long dead” or the “newly dead”? Bodies that should have been long decomposed would have done that. The freshly reanimated would have more likely just fallen. Based on the crypt scene, there were a lot of bodies.

I thought the NK vs the three eyed raven (life v death) would ultimately be the climax of the series. I don’t love the resolution of this storyline because Bran just seems so pointless.

I thought he’d have a bigger role to play. His arc seems complete now.

I think I’m back around to Dany surviving and ultimately taking the throne. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Also, I expected valerian steel to play a more important role.

Keeping track of who had a sword was pointless.

Me, too. The only valerian steel that mattered was Arya’s dagger.