Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Weak!  My wife and I started back again from season one a few weeks ago...up to season four now.  It's amazing the things you pick up and piece together watching the whole thing through again.

Very true, but I have seen every other season at least 3 times and have read all the books except the first.  Don't think I'm gonna pick up much more from them again!

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, eball said:

Weak!  My wife and I started back again from season one a few weeks ago...up to season four now.  It's amazing the things you pick up and piece together watching the whole thing through again.

That second watch through for me gave me so many theories and ideas.  I also highly recommend watching with subtitles on.  There is background chatter that sometimes gets put on there and will add to the story.

I can't wait for this freaking show to come back!

Condensed possible theories for discussion:

Tyrion is still working with the Lannisters and will turn on Jon/Dany

Jamie will also not redeem himself.  He tried killing Dany in the middle of season 7 no way is he on a redemption arc imo.

Varys may or may not be Rhaegar Targaryen (sp?) at the very least I think he is a bigger player in all of this than we have been led to believe.

This entire story is Sam's written version of events (feel most confident about this) and the show will end with him either writing or reading it to little Sam.

Since Jon is already dead - what if he becomes the new night king and marches them back up north?  I feel like him being "dead" will come into play at some point this season.

So many more but what are people's thoughts?  

17 minutes ago, section122 said:

Jamie will also not redeem himself.  He tried killing Dany in the middle of season 7 no way is he on a redemption arc imo.

Varys may or may not be Rhaegar Targaryen (sp?) at the very least I think he is a bigger player in all of this than we have been led to believe.

This entire story is Sam's written version of events (feel most confident about this) and the show will end with him either writing or reading it to little Sam.

Since Jon is already dead - what if he becomes the new night king and marches them back up north?  I feel like him being "dead" will come into play at some point this season.

my thoughts?  Can I have what you are smoking?  ;) 

Tyrion is in no way shape or form working for a Lannister 

Jamie will also not redeem himself with Danny but he will with many others (if they live long enough) 

Jon being dead but he has risen 

I can see Sam doing that. 

49 minutes ago, section122 said:

That second watch through for me gave me so many theories and ideas.  I also highly recommend watching with subtitles on.  There is background chatter that sometimes gets put on there and will add to the story.

Tyrion is still working with the Lannisters and will turn on Jon/Dany -- no freaking way

Jamie will also not redeem himself.  He tried killing Dany in the middle of season 7 no way is he on a redemption arc imo. -- Jamie will kill Cersei (or not save her) and Jamie likely dies also

Varys may or may not be Rhaegar Targaryen (sp?) at the very least I think he is a bigger player in all of this than we have been led to believe. -- you're grasping...

This entire story is Sam's written version of events (feel most confident about this) and the show will end with him either writing or reading it to little Sam. -- I'd enjoy that

My thoughts above.  I don't expect everyone we "like" to survive.  Either Dany or Jon will die -- for good.  I don't want to try to predict too much, and will just sit back and enjoy it.

Guy who plays the night King said:

What does the Night King want, anyway?

Somebody made him the Night King. Nobody knows who he was before — a soldier or part of [nobility]. He never wanted to be the Night King. I think he wants revenge. Everybody in this story has two sides — a bad side and a good side. The Night King only has one side, a bad side.

What can we expect from him in the final season?
People will see he has a target he wants to kill, and you will find out who that is. There’s also that moment [in “Hardhome”] when Jon Snow was on the boat and the Night King looked at him and raised his arms — there’s a similar and even stronger moment between Jon and the Night King this time.

Do you have an all-time favorite Night King scene?

That’s still coming.

Cersei dies.

Jamie dies.

Tyrion survives.

Theon dies.

Euron dies.

Yara survives and lives to munch more box. 

Dany and her dragons die defeating ice dragon. Jon survives this fight.

Bran tells Jon, Sansa and Arya that the only way to defeat the Night King is to kill him. Jon can't kill Bran and tries to kill the Night King. Jon dies. Sansa kills Bran to save the realm. Arya kills Sansa for killing Bran.

Gendry survives, marries Arya becomes King. They adopt Jon and Dany's kid. A Stark once again raises a Targaryan.

Onion Knight is hand of the King.

Sam is writing and telling the story.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

my thoughts?  Can I have what you are smoking?  ;) 

Tyrion is in no way shape or form working for a Lannister 

Jamie will also not redeem himself with Danny but he will with many others (if they live long enough) 

Jon being dead but he has risen 

I can see Sam doing that. 

If we are ever at a game together of course I will share ;)

I can't shake Tyrion not being on the up and up.  Every thing he "advised" Dany on blew up in his face.  I think Cersei telling him she was pregnant got to him.  You can also see the pain on his face when Jamie is charging Dany and the Dragon and again when he knows Dany and Jon are hooking up.  This scene first put the thought in my head on my rewatch.  he references the game of thrones which we know you either win the throne or die and then at the end talks about playing one game at a time.  I'm going theory crazy though so it could absolutely mean nothing lol.

58 minutes ago, eball said:

My thoughts above.  I don't expect everyone we "like" to survive.  Either Dany or Jon will die -- for good.  I don't want to try to predict too much, and will just sit back and enjoy it.

I know a lot of people will die.  I'm expecting then that they will be turned and people will have to "kill" them.  I think it will happen with Dany and Jon will be the one to kill her.  Maybe the 2 of them end up the night king and queen?  Who knows but I'm pumped lol.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, section122 said:
2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If we are ever at a game together of course I will share ;)

I can't shake Tyrion not being on the up and up.  Every thing he "advised" Dany on blew up in his face.  I think Cersei telling him she was pregnant got to him.  You can also see the pain on his face when Jamie is charging Dany and the Dragon and again when he knows Dany and Jon are hooking up.  This scene first put the thought in my head on my rewatch.  he references the game of thrones which we know you either win the throne or die and then at the end talks about playing one game at a time.  I'm going theory crazy though so it could absolutely mean nothing lol.

There is a possibility there but he knows she hates him and blames him for the deaths of her children.  

4 hours ago, section122 said:

No offense, but your Varys / Rhaegar Targarian theory is ridiculous.  Varys served in the court of King Robert who started his rebellion because Rhaegar kidnaped (eloped) with Lyanna Stark who was his betrothed.  Lyanna was Ned Starks sister, and Ned served as Robert's Hand before his death.  Robert was married to Cersei Lannister, whose father Tywin was Hand to the Mad King and tried to have Cersei married to Rhaegar.  Jamie Lannister served as Kings Guard to the Mad King.  So all that time Varys was in Robert's court, and Robert, Ned, Cersei, Jamie, or Tywin never noticed a resemblance?

The Sam theory, if that happens, would be a rip off the end of the LoTR trilogy with Bilbo/Frodo/Samwise writing the story.  Sam = Samwise?

I suspect Jon's being "dead" may be what gives him the ability to "kill" the Night King

• Like (+1) 1