Can the Charger's KO the Patriot's Next Week?

PUNT750

Thought it was interesting when they talked about Chargers running a defense with a bunch of safeties playing LB to shut down Balt - hopefully Bradley will come up with something inventive next week as well

Probably not.  For all the talk of Brady's downfall this season, Rivers also looks to be slipping.  He gets nothing on his balls downfield.....lot of floaters that are turnovers waiting to happen.  The game will come down to Gordon and Ekeler....if they can get the run game going they have a chance, but I just don't see it happening.

Patrtiots - 25

Chargers - 18

If Gordon is healthy, and their run D comes to play, then yes, they can.

But so many DCs do silly things when the game is on the line. Just look at how close they came to losing today. If they get ultra conservative on D against NE in the 4th quarter, they'll be going home.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If Gordon is healthy, and their run D comes to play, then yes, they can.

This^^^  will be the key.  If Rivers doesn't choke, the Chargers should have a good shot.  Start off slow to set a tempo, like the did against Baltimore, who has a much better D than NE.  Then get more aggressive once some momentum has been established.

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm hoping Joey Bosa or Melvin Ingram take Tom Tom's head off. 

Of course this will help a lot, too.  Stop Sony Michel and get pressure up the middle.

48 minutes ago, Estro said:

Probably not.  For all the talk of Brady's downfall this season, Rivers also looks to be slipping.  He gets nothing on his balls downfield.....lot of floaters that are turnovers waiting to happen.  The game will come down to Gordon and Ekeler....if they can get the run game going they have a chance, but I just don't see it happening.

Patrtiots - 25

Chargers - 18

Yeah he has like no zip left at all.   Reminds me of Peyton Mannings last year.   Knows every trick in the book at qb but floats balls and relies 100% on his mental game vs his physical game.

I think there’s a great chance for both road teams to win in the AFC next week. They both possess more offensive/defensive balance than their opponents (in my opinion).

Edit: and it’s actually not my opinion; I just looked it up. Indy is 7th in offense and 11th in defense (to KC’s 1st/31st) and the Bolts are 11th/9th to the Pats*** 5th/23rd

Edited by eball

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think the Chargers will win because the Patriots will be in full cheat mode. Why do you think they win so many games at home?  It's baked right into the locker room bugs and wireless signal stealing in that stadium.