Going to the stadium experience v.s. Watching at home with friends/family experience?

Preferred Gameday Experience  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Going to the stadium experience v.s. Watching at Home experience

• Stadium
    • Home

As always, a poll doesn't allow the nuances needed to answer a question.  Do you approve of Sean McDermott? yes/no  Only an idiot would vote no.  Watching at home vs at the game? yes/no Only an idiot would say at home.  In ideal circumstances, you would go to the game with friends/family. It would be a beautiful day and all fans would treat each other respectfully.  Who wouldn't vote yes to that? Only an idiot.

I love the game day experience. Tailgating cannot be beat. The vibe inside the stadium is tremendous to be a part of. 

Some fans are idiots. The weather sucks. The team sucks.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

As always, a poll doesn't allow the nuances needed to answer a question.  Do you approve of Sean McDermott? yes/no  Only an idiot would vote no.  Watching at home vs at the game? yes/no Only an idiot would say at home.  In ideal circumstances, you would go to the game with friends/family. It would be a beautiful day and all fans would treat each other respectfully.  Who wouldn't vote yes to that? Only an idiot.

I love the game day experience. Tailgating cannot be beat. The vibe inside the stadium is tremendous to be a part of. 

Some fans are idiots. The weather sucks. The team sucks.

no, you are free to carry on about your emotions, like you did

You would think 40 years of tailgating would lose its novelty...it hasn't. Will admit I don't look as forward to the December games as much as in the past, but that might be due more to not being relevant in December than to the weather. Hopefully I'll figure out which next year!

• Like (+1) 2

I can't get to enough games to unequivocally state that I much prefer the stadium experience. I watch 15/16 games a year from the comfort of my home, but that 1 game is the one I look forward to most. Minneapolis this year, Nashville next. Nothing gets me as excited for football as joining my fellow Bills fans and singing the shout song at the top of my longs in unison with them.

• Like (+1) 1

this depends on Location Location Location 

If I lived in WNY, then friends and family at the game would be great.   (most times)

Going to a Bills "away game" in the area I live in....  If the Bills win it's great.  If they lose and badly then you have the drunken fools of the local team making the experience that much worse. 

Nothing beats being at the stadium, especially for the home opener and meaningful games later in the season.  Sharing food and drinks and games with neighboring groups even if they're not wearing their colors because I like seeing people from outside our area get a taste of what makes our experience so special.  

A relative choice 'in the middle' for us out-of-towners is going to the local Bills Backers bar - getting to see old friends and make new ones, cheering in unison with dozens if not hundreds of other Bills fans, and spilling out into the streets of downtown Denver after a big win (or timely Andy Dalton throw) makes for some of my best Bills memories.  

12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Don't be sad!  When you're home, You are #1 in the "P" line, and you can eat and drink all you want because there is no DUI rule for couches.

Actually I had to set a new DUI rule for my couch ever since my brother fell asleep with a beer in his hand (during a later game) and it landed on my dog, which then spilled onto my open laptop keyboard.

I make him walk the line and touch his nose every so often now, in accordance with the posted DUI rules on my fridge....

Way better in stadium.

when you get older like I am you tend to stay at home, away from the party atmosphere and elements.

You see plays develop you see players getting open, you see offensive and defensive structure.

Theres much more in stadium than on screen. 

The crowd noise is a factor as well.

Had season tickets for decades, I loved it.

If we ever build a dome stadium I’ll be back.

Edited by dlonce

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Actually I had to set a new DUI rule for my couch ever since my brother fell asleep with a beer in his hand (during a later game) and it landed on my dog, which then spilled onto my open laptop keyboard.

I make him walk the line and touch his nose every so often now, in accordance with the posted DUI rules on my fridge....

Any video of this?  Could be worth $$.