Nick Foles Contract

Number 1 ability is availability and Wentz missed the SB run and now this years Post season.  Even if healthy, it seems like Foles would start right now.  The best the Eagles have ever done is the last two years and important success has been with Foles.  I can see why fans are torn.....if Foles plays poorly in a playoff loss it will be easier to move on from him.  But if he continues to play well, they have an "issue" to deal with in Philly. 

10 hours ago, Doc said:

He will void the deal and pay back the $2M.  No reason not to.

No reason for him to rush into anything, is there?  For team/athlete they actually seem to have a symbiotic relationship.  It would not shock me to see Foles stick with the Eagles so that they get some return on their investment.  The Eagles, for their part, would be well served to work with Foles' team while they attempt to work out a trade.

Wentz isn’t going anywhere, especially if they have to choose between Wentz and Foles.

Rosen isn’t Doug Whaley..

Wentz is a kid with a HUGE upside. 

The kid had a knee injury late last year. We know that an injury like that seems to stay in the player’s head for another season, then is forgotten about and the player is back to 100% in year two. Wentz will learn that he’s not built to take the punishment and become much more aware of what big hits can do.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

Wentz isn’t going anywhere, especially if they have to choose between Wentz and Foles.

Rosen isn’t Doug Whaley..

Wentz is a kid with a HUGE upside. 

The kid had a knee injury late last year. We know that an injury like that seems to stay in the player’s head for another season, then is forgotten about and the player is back to 100% in year two. Wentz will learn that he’s not built to take the punishment and become much more aware of what big hits can do.  

Problem with that theory:

He now has a broken back as well.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LEBills said:

Don’t be surprised if Wentz is the one shopped. Living in Philadelphia, the fans and the team are all behind Foles. They like Wentz, they love Foles. And honestly, their offense is on track more with Foles than with Wentz.

If they do decide to keep Wentz, I’m with you it’s unlikely they keep Foles...though Foles knows he is best with Pederson.

I know it seems crazy but the Foles led Eagles win playoff games. It really looks like he turned a noncontender around

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know it seems crazy but the Foles led Eagles win playoff games. It really looks like he turned a noncontender around

Theres the saying that the best ability is availability. Even if you think Wentz may be better at QB long term than Foles he has not shown he can stay on the field for an entire season. his injuries are major and will take their tole.

Nick Foles might be favored in Philly because he stays healthy.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He may not have a trade veto per se.  But if he has the ability to pay back a bonus and void his contract, they can’t trade a player not under contract, right?

I’m sure we’ll be hearing more about this as the playoffs roll on.

The timeline of the contract leads to some vagueness. As far as I can tell, he'd be a UFA should he return the 2m making a trade moot. It appears as though there's a time gap between Philly's option decision and Foles 2 m void. I'm sure the Eagles will try to find a way to get a return on Foles and I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't trade him somewhere he didn't want to go. As you said, we'll find out more.

Edited by LSHMEAB

13 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Wentz is gonna be a great qb in this league for the next dozen years man.   He was the best qb in the NFL last year until his injury.

No way he gets dealt.   Zero chance.

As long as they continue to pair Wentz and Foles, the Eagles will be OK. 

Foles won them a SB and this year he turned the team around from a losing season to Div playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Now that we have Josh ... this topic means much less that it did last season.

to the OP 

If the Eagles go far then they will have a dilemma on their hands.  

Means less as far as whether we should care that one of them ends up in the AFCE, too.  So what if Wentz became a dolphin?  Beat the best to be the best, and I believe, in a few years, Josh will be just that.

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Without an oline Foles is average at best.  Hes a statue in the pocket for the most part.  I like him but there is a reason he was terrible outside philly.  

His name was Jeff Fisher with the Rams. The same coach that had 90% of Fans calling Goff a bust.

• Like (+1) 1