Nick Foles Contract

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

His name was Jeff Fisher with the Rams. The same coach that had 90% of Fans calling Goff a bust.

I'd like to agree since I think foles has a good history without Fisher but when I watch him I see a very cerebral guy that needs time to pass or a very specific offensive system to be successful. 

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm on record as stating there's not a snowball's chance in hell they move Wentz, but I found it interesting that Foles is only 3 years older than Wentz. Still....no. The salary cap alone makes it virtually impossible. They would have to move heaven and earth to choose Foles over Wentz and it ain't gonna happen.

I think you are right UNLESS Foles gets them back to the SB.  Then it gets a lot tougher to keep Wentz over Foles.  And if Foles both gets back and wins it, then I think they will have no choice but to keep Foles.  I mean they would be looking at a 2 time SB Champ vs a guy whose been out for the season 2 times in his 3 year career.  

For the record, I think they have no chance to win the SB, but I said that last year too HA!

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And if he somehow he wins a 2nd consecutive SB, bye bye Carson. 

And hello mediocrity. This whole Foles thing is not sustainable. He looked like trash in the preseason, threw for 117 in the season opener, and lost to the Bucs in week 2. Ride the hot hand but don't ever ignore the entire body of work.

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you are right UNLESS Foles gets them back to the SB.  Then it gets a lot tougher to keep Wentz over Foles.  And if Foles both gets back and wins it, then I think they will have no choice but to keep Foles.  I mean they would be looking at a 2 time SB Champ vs a guy whose been out for the season 2 times in his 3 year career.  

For the record, I think they have no chance to win the SB, but I said that last year too HA!

Yeah, when Wentz got hurt once and Foles kind of sucked in regular season then took them through the championship, it seemed flukey and the guy who was setting the leagues hair on fire gets his job back.  But this time, Foles saved their season with 3 straight wins, and Wentz while playing well, fell short 3-4x in season.

Lets just put it this way.  If the Iggles even win the NFC Championship, it would take big clanking brass ones to ship him out of town.  SB?  How could a GM do that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wouldn't trust Foles for a full season as much as Wentz, but it would be an interesting situation if they make another playoff run.  The biggest mistake another team could do is sign Foles to a primier francise QB contract.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right now, the Eagles are $12M in the red on the cap.

They gotta do something

Foles $20M would be a lot of something.

Wentz is on a rookie contract.  His salary is almost all signing bonus and roster bonus next year.  The Iggles maybe save $3M and take a $4M cap hit if they trade Wentz.

Now that's not to say trading Foles is what the Eagles will do.  Howie Roseman has shown himself before to be an "outside the box" thinker on the cap.

He's the guy who wins them playoff games.  The other guy isn't.  That;s worth all the money...

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's the guy who wins them playoff games.  The other guy isn't.  That;s worth all the money...

We don’t know that. Wentz hasn’t played in the playoffs yet. Wentz better study Brady when it comes to avoiding hits. 

On 1/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Eagles can opt into the contract, which carries a $20 million salary, by picking up the option a month before the start of the 2019 league year. The salary is guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year. If the option is exercised Foles may still become a free agent by paying back the $2 million signing bonus he received in 2018 as part of this new contract to void the 2019 league year

On 1/6/2019 at 9:39 PM, Bills2ref said:

Foles cap hit will be over 23.8 million on a tag. 

On 1/6/2019 at 11:42 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, what would be the point of having a payback/void option, if he could just be tagged?  It would be pointless, right?

Eagles: “we have exercised our option and we are gonna trade you to the Arizona Cardinals”

Foles: “Ok, here’s $2M, I’m a free agent now”

Eagles: “We accept your $2M but HAHA!  TAG!  Now you’re not free once again, and we’re still gonna trade you to the Arizona Cardinals.  Or the Broncs.”

Foles would be $2M poorer, and still stuck with a situation he may not want.  What would be the point?

If they pick up his 2019 league year option it cost the Eagles $20 million. If Foles opts out by paying back the $2 million and is subsequently tagged for $23.8 million he gets $23.8 million minus the $2 million he payed back for a cool $21.8 million. Under this scenario Foles wouldn't be $2 million poorer, he would be $1.8 million richer.  

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, when Wentz got hurt once and Foles kind of sucked in regular season then took them through the championship, it seemed flukey and the guy who was setting the leagues hair on fire gets his job back.  But this time, Foles saved their season with 3 straight wins, and Wentz while playing well, fell short 3-4x in season.

Lets just put it this way.  If the Iggles even win the NFC Championship, it would take big clanking brass ones to ship him out of town.  SB?  How could a GM do that?

It’s funny too, my 2nd team is the Rams and I have also been a big fan of Brees.  So for me, I would like to see Rams or Saints win it all.  HOWEVER this is side of me that secretly wants to see the Eagles win it all just for the drama of the QB situation to see what happens next lol.

In the end, just as long as neither the Cowboys or Pats win it I will be happy.  Hate those teams.  

I also don’t want to see the Chiefs win it either even though I have nothing against them and enjoy watching them play right now.  I just don’t want to deal with the 100 “Fire Beane” threads that will be started over it even though Beane didn’t work for the Bills when Mahomes was in the draft lol.

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Foles most certainly did not outplay Brady in the Super Bowl.  Not even close.

Yes he did.   The Eagles scored on 8 out of 10 possessions.   Brady dropped a pass and a fumbled.  Both big mistakes that lead to stops for Eagles D.   So even though your boy threw for 500 yards, he could not keep up with Foles drive for drive.  The Eagles won the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1