Jump to content
Estro

Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach not yet hired by TB, still looking?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

His guys are Rick DDennison and Frank Pollack. I assume he goes after one of them. 

 

Rick Dennison going to Denver and letting Kugler come here would be a nice thank you from Denver for paying his contract when we hired him 2 years ago.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

His guys are Rick DDennison and Frank Pollack. I assume he goes after one of them. 

Agree.  Gibbs likely retired, but Kubiak did take him to Houston and was his OL coach when he was OC in Denver.  Very unlikely, but hey, this is the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are able to bring in Kugler, than signing Matt Paradis will be a done deal, and he will most likely give us the edge due to familiarity with Kugler. 

 

We need Paradis. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

Seems like a lateral move to me.  Poor Bronco fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

That smells like a recipe for disaster. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

I think he'd give leeway to Kubiak to pick and chose who he wants. They have a lengthy working relationship, so I don't think Elway would make him keep staff he wouldn't want around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One wonders why Elway doesn't just coach the team.  Bad look for a new HC to relinquish the power to choose his own assistants, don't you think?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The funniest thing in all of this, which may have been mentioned previously, is that Kugler isn't even the OL coach; he coaches interior linemen.  

 

That being said, Dennison to the Broncos just makes too much sense, with Elway going into the season as QB2 in an open competition.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Two things, Kugler isn't a Kubiak guy. He was hired in 2018. He may be an Elway guy. Also, during his time with us, with Broncos, Lions and at UTEP, he hasn't really ever done anything. I don't mind the hire, but I'm not sure that not getting him is a big deal. I just want whoever is going to come and work with Daboll to re-install a power run game. 

 

Second, Paradis is not a Kugler guy, he's an Elway guy who was on the practice squad until Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison came to town. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
He did help develop Ryan Clady and Jason Peters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kugler really wanted to come here all he would probably have to do is ask the new coach to let him go.  He’s not going to be held hostage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Two things, Kugler isn't a Kubiak guy. He was hired in 2018. He may be an Elway guy. Also, during his time with us, with Broncos, Lions and at UTEP, he hasn't really ever done anything. I don't mind the hire, but I'm not sure that not getting him is a big deal. I just want whoever is going to come and work with Daboll to re-install a power run game. 

 

Second, Paradis is not a Kugler guy, he's an Elway guy who was on the practice squad until Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison came to town. 

 

There was an immediate difference in Denver with him there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he is going to Tampa.  I thought he couldn't get out of his contract?

 

Not a good image for McDermott and Beane.  Could be rough getting a coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

So he is going to Tampa.  I thought he couldn't get out of his contract?

 

Not a good image for McDermott and Beane.  Could be rough getting a coach.

 

Um, that's a pretty massive leap in logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Um, that's a pretty massive leap in logic. 

 

When someone doesn't want to coach in his hometown and with the talent currently at the position, it could be rough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Title should read, "Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach being block from interviews until any other team that's NOT Buffalo calls"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 1:45 AM, davefan66 said:

Offer him an additional title, can’t block a promotion.

Not correct other than offering him head coach. All assistants are considered the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

 

When someone doesn't want to coach in his hometown and with the talent currently at the position, it could be rough.

 

Maybe he didn't get an offer from Buffalo. Maybe he did and his family wanted to go someplace warm. Maybe he knows Bruce Arians better than McDermott.

 

There are any number of valid reasons why a position coach might take one job over another. You're jumping to conclusions.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

 

Meh.........I kinda' like the GM holding the coaches.....we've been screwed by losing good assistants in HC transitions before and hard to tell how many of them the incoming would have liked to keep.

 

I would assume that the new HC in Denver wouldn't hold Kugler if he wanted to come home.

we tend to keep the bad ones.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Maybe he didn't get an offer from Buffalo. Maybe he did and his family wanted to go someplace warm. Maybe he knows Bruce Arians better than McDermott.

 

There are any number of valid reasons why a position coach might take one job over another. You're jumping to conclusions.

 

Yep he coached under Arians in Pittsburgh with Harold Goodwin. Makes a

ton of sense. He had no connections to here besides being from the area and being fired from here once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TB line talent >> Bills line talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

So he is going to Tampa.  I thought he couldn't get out of his contract?

 

Not a good image for McDermott and Beane.  Could be rough getting a coach.

Ahh, shades of Mike McCoy rough  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×