Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach not yet hired by TB, still looking?

Estro

12 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

When someone doesn't want to coach in his hometown and with the talent currently at the position, it could be rough.

Frankly, so is following your posts. Per your moniker, I’ve given ‘it’ a long time, but ‘it’ isn’t getting any better.. You have no facts to back your babble, yet undaunted, you spew insufferable comments which bring nothing but disdain to the forum.

Pick up your game, IttakesaBan.

Anyway, Crossman’s ‘teams’ were so horrendous, anyone has to be better, right? Was there a return that wasn’t flagged this season? 

I’d still love to sign Paradis and talk trade for Von Miller. 

11 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

This happens every year with this team, second and third choice assistants. Oh well. 

How does a rumor that we wanted to interview him turn into a he was our top choice?  Only reason he was in the news was because of Denver's blocking him.  Juan Castillo was McDerm's first coach hired and you saw how that turned out.  There are a slew of great coaches and might be a chance we won't even know the guys name.  It doesn't matter who the guy is as long as he gets the line to play better.

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

How does a rumor that we wanted to interview him turn into a he was our top choice?  Only reason he was in the news was because of Denver's blocking him.  Juan Castillo was McDerm's first coach hired and you saw how that turned out.  There are a slew of great coaches and might be a chance we won't even know the guys name.  It doesn't matter who the guy is as long as he gets the line to play better.

Agreed, we have no idea if he was their 1st choice or if they would have offered it to him. All we know is that he was on a list of guys they were interested in talking to.

9 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Any shot at pulling Mike Munchak out of Pittsburgh?  He just got dumped by the Broncos for HC .. would he flip to here given all the BS happening in Pitt of late?

I doubt it, because he’s clearly interested in becoming a HC. If he doesn’t get it this time around he will try again, and staying where he can continue to look good will help. 

I did hear he’s in the mix for the Bengals job. Would be a good fit imo. 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There seems to be a line of thinking that Callahan overworks his OL, leading to injuries:

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-bill-callahan-partially-to-blame-redskins-injuries

The Redskins line has not been very good, correct?  Is that personnel or coaching?

I watched as the Skins lost 3 offensive linemen, in-game, in about 5 plays.  Not sure you can fault Callahan for that.

AD ran for 1,042 this season with a 4.2 ypc behind a makeshift line coached by Bill.

I'm a fan.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like he was already linked to Arians

I got this response from my tweet to Chris Brown, so ties to Arians is the most likely scenario: It's hard to know all the ins and outs that were involved there. But Kugler has a prior working history with Arians. They worked as OL coach and OC in Pittsburgh together for 2 seasons (2010-2011). Kugler has never worked with McDermott. Familiarity tends to carry the day in coaching circles.

• Like (+1) 3

If Daboll is looking for someone he's worked with, then George Warhop would make sense.

He was just let go from Dirk Koetter's staff in Tampa Bay, and he was OL coach in Cleveland for both years of Daboll's term as OC there.

Another name to watch could be Ole Miss' Jack Bicknell, who coached OL in KC when Daboll was OC there.

Not sure I'd be thrilled with either guy, but nevertheless, names to watch

Interesting note...Not sure why he DM'd me on Twitter about this (I had asked him a question the other day about why the Bills didn't step up to get him)...but the Bills' Chris Brown just said -- "I just learned from a Tampa reporter that Kugler hasn’t officially been hired yet. FWIW."

So could Kulger still be in play??? -- Can't get rid of the high-lighter, sorry. 

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Interesting note...Not sure why he DM'd me on Twitter about this (I had asked him a question the other day about why the Bills didn't step up to get him)...but the Bills' Chris Brown just said -- "I just learned from a Tampa reporter that Kugler hasn’t officially been hired yet. FWIW."

So could Kulger still be in play??? -- Can't get rid of the high-lighter, sorry. 

HTKZSQKi_bigger.jpgRick Stroud @NFLSTROUD
FollowFollow @NFLSTROUD
More

Bucs agreed to terms with U of Arizona OL coach Joe Gilbert, who will coach the offensive line.