Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach not yet hired by TB, still looking?

Estro

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like he was already linked to Arians

That's my thinking.  Denver blocked him from interviewing, they can't block him from talking to his buds.

So the minute he got the word he'd be released, he calls Arians and Arians says "come on over"

I doubt there was an interview; he'd previously worked with Arians, correct?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's my thinking.  Denver blocked him from interviewing, they can't block him from talking to his buds.

So the minute he got the word he'd be released, he calls Arians and Arians says "come on over"

I doubt there was an interview; he'd previously worked with Arians, correct?

Yes, in Pitt

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Someone from Alabama's staff or Carolina or New England?  Hope they get a good one.  Very important for this team's success.

No. according to Colin Cowherd, BB has one of the worst coaching trees in the NFL with few playoff wins, as opposed to Andy Reid, who has the best. His former assistants have the most playoff wins in NFL history. They are all highly respected and most have many playoff wins:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article193570754.html

Jim Harbaugh

Steve Spagnulo

Todd Bowles

Sean McDermott

Doug Pedersen

Ron Rivera

Matt Nagy

Pat Shurmur

Brad Childress

Leslie Frazier

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm - Bill Callahan anyone?

There seems to be a line of thinking that Callahan overworks his OL, leading to injuries:

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-bill-callahan-partially-to-blame-redskins-injuries

The Redskins line has not been very good, correct?  Is that personnel or coaching?

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Redskins line has not been very good, correct?  Is that personnel or coaching?

The Redskins line has been very injured, for the past two seasons that I can recall.  The article could be right, that Callahan's practices are a bit too physical and their large bodies are not getting enough rest to recover. 

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I honestly believe more often than not it's because the family doesn't want to live in the "snow." Buffalo has milder winters than Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago, but the reputation precedes itself.

Tampa is awesome. Big enough to do everything, but small enough that traffic is not a nightmare, housing costs are low and no state income tax. The west coast of FL is beautiful. I live in Miami but want to retire near Tampa in Clearwater/St. Petes. If the money was the same, TB in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Buffalo has milder winters than Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago, but the reputation precedes itself.

Depends on how you define winter severity. Some people equate it to snowfall and not temperatures. Chicago certainly gets a lot colder (speaking from experience and not statistics) but there is no comparison of the snowfall quantities. Of the two "evils", I prefer a place with less snow as cold is easier to deal with when you have cars in the garage and trains to commute to work. When it snows, everyone is affected negatively.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Depends on how you define winter severity. Some people equate it to snowfall and not temperatures. Chicago certainly gets a lot colder (speaking from experience and not statistics) but there is no comparison of the snowfall quantities. Of the two "evils", I prefer a place with less snow as cold is easier to deal with when you have cars in the garage and trains to commute to work. When it snows, everyone is affected negatively.

Definitely a preference thing. I'd personally prefer snow and 28 than no snow and 15. Having said that, I choose to live in Las Vegas. Not a fan of winters anymore. As to the topic, I really do feel like we're at a competitive disadvantage. The only thing that can change that is consistent winning. That's something we haven't done in 25 years.

6 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

This happens every year with this team, second and third choice assistants. Oh well. 

One of the funniest moments of Wade Phillips tenure in Buffalo was a case like this.

He had a press conference on Empire Sports to announce the hiring of Joe Pendry as OC...........after trying hard and failing to get Marc Trestman(who chose Arizona).

After the PC Wade walked right off the podium over to Mike DeGeorge(being the chief beat guy for Empire) for a live private interview for ESN and immediately DeGeorge asked him how this felt after missing out on his first choice and Wade was dumfounded like "why you gotta' go there!"..........hilarious in a one-on-one live setting.........you just don't get to see stuff like that anymore.:lol:   

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Buffalo QB and Defensive talent>>>>Tampa

True. But he wouldn't have been coaching those guys. If he's looking for an upward trajectory, he would prefer steak over mincemeat. Interior line needs to be rebuilt.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Tampa is awesome. Big enough to do everything, but small enough that traffic is not a nightmare, housing costs are low and no state income tax. The west coast of FL is beautiful. I live in Miami but want to retire near Tampa in Clearwater/St. Petes. If the money was the same, TB in a heartbeat.

the home of American Death Metal !!!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1