Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach not yet hired by TB, still looking?

Estro

The funniest thing in all of this, which may have been mentioned previously, is that Kugler isn't even the OL coach; he coaches interior linemen.  

That being said, Dennison to the Broncos just makes too much sense, with Elway going into the season as QB2 in an open competition.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

Two things, Kugler isn't a Kubiak guy. He was hired in 2018. He may be an Elway guy. Also, during his time with us, with Broncos, Lions and at UTEP, he hasn't really ever done anything. I don't mind the hire, but I'm not sure that not getting him is a big deal. I just want whoever is going to come and work with Daboll to re-install a power run game. 

Second, Paradis is not a Kugler guy, he's an Elway guy who was on the practice squad until Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison came to town. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
He did help develop Ryan Clady and Jason Peters

56 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Two things, Kugler isn't a Kubiak guy. He was hired in 2018. He may be an Elway guy. Also, during his time with us, with Broncos, Lions and at UTEP, he hasn't really ever done anything. I don't mind the hire, but I'm not sure that not getting him is a big deal. I just want whoever is going to come and work with Daboll to re-install a power run game. 

Second, Paradis is not a Kugler guy, he's an Elway guy who was on the practice squad until Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison came to town. 

There was an immediate difference in Denver with him there.

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

When someone doesn't want to coach in his hometown and with the talent currently at the position, it could be rough.

Maybe he didn't get an offer from Buffalo. Maybe he did and his family wanted to go someplace warm. Maybe he knows Bruce Arians better than McDermott.

There are any number of valid reasons why a position coach might take one job over another. You're jumping to conclusions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh.........I kinda' like the GM holding the coaches.....we've been screwed by losing good assistants in HC transitions before and hard to tell how many of them the incoming would have liked to keep.

I would assume that the new HC in Denver wouldn't hold Kugler if he wanted to come home.

we tend to keep the bad ones.  

29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe he didn't get an offer from Buffalo. Maybe he did and his family wanted to go someplace warm. Maybe he knows Bruce Arians better than McDermott.

There are any number of valid reasons why a position coach might take one job over another. You're jumping to conclusions.

Yep he coached under Arians in Pittsburgh with Harold Goodwin. Makes a

ton of sense. He had no connections to here besides being from the area and being fired from here once. 

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

So he is going to Tampa.  I thought he couldn't get out of his contract?

Not a good image for McDermott and Beane.  Could be rough getting a coach.

Ahh, shades of Mike McCoy rough  

• Haha (+1) 1