Sean Kugler, Broncos OL coach not yet hired by TB, still looking?

Estro

Denver media reporting multiple teams have reached out to Kugler to set up interviews, but Elway had denied the requests until the Broncos new HC has a chance to assess the current assistants.

High chance the Bills are one of those teams.  Guy was OL coach here back in 08.  Born in Lockport, NY.  Would he help our chances of landing Matt Paradis in FA?

Kind of a bad look for Elway to be holding assistants hostage when they dont even have a HC.  Really screws the coaches that the new coach decides he doesn't want, once all their other opportunities have been filled.  Seems Elway is really making Denver an undesirable place to play/work.

Anybody remember Kugler when he was here?  I dont. 

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Matt Paradis broke his fibula, is that the same bone that Wood broke and then said it took him awhile to get right after? Just curious.

One of two bones in your lower leg... I imagine either Tibia or Fibula would take a while to get right from.

Also Lockport represent?

9 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Matt Paradis broke his fibula, is that the same bone that Wood broke and then said it took him awhile to get right after? Just curious.

Which time he broke his leg are you referring to? The first time he broke both the tibia and the fibula, I’m not sure what bones he broke the second time, nor do I recall him mentioning one of them giving him trouble getting right. Of the two lower leg bones the tibia is the larger and bears the weight, while the fibula supports the ankle and keeps it properly aligned.

Just now, Chandemonium said:

Which time he broke his leg are you referring to? The first time he broke both the tibia and the fibula, I’m not sure what bones he broke the second time, nor do I recall him mentioning one of them giving him trouble getting right. Of the two lower leg bones the tibia is the larger and bears the weight, while the fibula supports the ankle and keeps it properly aligned.

The last time I suppose? In an interview he talked openly about it taking a year or so for him to gain full strength. 

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Denver media reporting multiple teams have reached out to Kugler to set up interviews, but Elway had denied the requests until the Broncos new HC has a chance to assess the current assistants.

High chance the Bills are one of those teams.  Guy was OL coach here back in 08.  Born in Lockport, NY.  Would he help our chances of landing Matt Paradis in FA?

Kind of a bad look for Elway to be holding assistants hostage when they dont even have a HC.  Really screws the coaches that the new coach decides he doesn't want, once all their other opportunities have been filled.  Seems Elway is really making Denver an undesirable place to play/work.

Are they still under contract with Denver? Seems like he's looking out for his teams best interests.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Hopefully Denver will undergo a few decades long slump along with the Pats and Steelers.  Kids in Denver will be born, graduate college, and be close to retirement before they make the playoffs again. Bwah-ha-ha-ha.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Meh.........I kinda' like the GM holding the coaches.....we've been screwed by losing good assistants in HC transitions before and hard to tell how many of them the incoming would have liked to keep.

I would assume that the new HC in Denver wouldn't hold Kugler if he wanted to come home.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

It all depends upon when Elway pulls the trigger on hiring a new HC.

30 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Kugs!  Yes he had some success here, got washed out when HC was fired, can't remember who the HC was..

He was hired by Dick Jauron as assistant OL coach in 2007.  He was promoted to OL coach in 2008. He was an excellent coach.  Both Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch were 1000 yd runners and he coached Jason Peters to 2 Pro Bowls. The Pittsburgh Steelers signed him when Chan Gailey took over in 2010. I think Buffalo didn't even hold him for an interview as Chan Gailey may of had his own OL coach in mind. At the time, I thought it was a big loss. Kugler has the local ties which also makes him attractive. Unfortunately, Buffalo will have to wait if they really want him.

• Like (+1) 5