Besides O-line, what was the biggest issue with the Bills offense?

#34fan

31st ranked passing offense is pretty terrible.  Bills were the 9th rushing offense, which just highlights the team's lack of balance.

I just think the playcalling absolutely SUCKED. -I'm talking overall.  There were some bright spots, but Daboll didn't seem to be calling games with the intention of winning them.

The games were often hard to watch from an offensive standpoint. Zero creativity, and no tempo.   -Thoughts?

Edited by #34fan

Since you brought up Daboll… In the article about Castilo he said the offense was very complicated.  Is that the right thing to do with a rookie QB, a struggling oline, and a young team of no playmakers?

Outside of Oline this team needs a receiver that can get separation and fight for the ball.  Someone that lays out and makes tough catches.  A TE that will do the same.  Allen needs to improve as well.  See what the offense looks like when those things happen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Since you brought up Daboll… In the article about Castilo he said the offense was very complicated.  Is that the right thing to do with a rookie QB, a struggling oline, and a young team of no playmakers?

IMO, Absolutely not.   -It's that type of tone-deaf coaching that has me not caring for Daboll.

With a full year under their belt and a new off-season to prepare, it's not out of the realm of possibilities to think that the offense takes a step forward in regards to executing the complex scheme.  

From what I've read about E-P offenses, they are easy on the QB conceptually but a little more difficult on the skill positions because they require a high degree of execution across the board.  

1 minute ago, Capco said:

With a full year under their belt and a new off-season to prepare, it's not out of the realm of possibilities to think that the offense takes a step forward in regards to executing the complex scheme.  

From what I've read about E-P offenses, they are easy on the QB conceptually but a little more difficult on the skill positions because they require a high degree of execution across the board.  

I'd say that level of complexity requires above-average coaching to instruct it.  The off-season firings of multiple position coaches is just the first step,

-Beane now has to replace them with better options.

We have zero TE's on this roster, I would rather start over with all new players at the TE position. As much as I don't like Z. Jones I guess you need to keep him and Foster but I don't think either is a number 1. Our trenches on both sides of the ball need to be upgraded. This rebuild might take until 2021.

28 minutes ago, #34fan said:

31st ranked passing offense is pretty terrible.  Bills were the 9th rushing offense, which just highlights the team's lack of balance.

I just think the playcalling absolutely SUCKED. -I'm talking overall.  There were some bright spots, but Daboll didn't seem to be calling games with the intention of winning them.

The games were often hard to watch from an offensive standpoint. Zero creativity, and no tempo.   -Thoughts?

Weapons and QB (Josh needs to improve and I think he will)

It’s multiple things. 

Forget the 9th ranked rushing offense, that’s mostly on Allen scrambling. 

You have a line who can’t run block. 

Too much shady losing 2-3 yards. Not enough smash mouth ivory for 3-4 yards.

unproven receivers with unproven quarterbacks. 

No tight ends to make plays in the mid range game. Perfect storm of crap for this seasons offense 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

No playmakers

Put another way- no one changes the math. There’s no one that challenges a double team and no blocker that absorbs an elite rusher without help. 

Allens running threat helps and Foster is getting there but the rest of the offense loses 1-1 matchups too easily 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1