WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

On 1/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This guy is getting a lot of hype here. In my mind I’ll put his chances at making the roster about 15% I hope the guy turns out to be great but I also can see him just blending into the background next fall and just never mattering. Who knows?

Fair. I dig the 15% chance but not banking on it 

Simply worth taking a shot.

The guy clearly loves the game and could not give it up even when he fell off the tracks and a way of getting back to playing in the States looked pretty slim.

That kind of desperation can lead to a lot of soul-searching and we could do worse than getting a guy who loves the game, and does not shy away from contact - can guarantee part of the "we will give you a chance" includes some Special Teams gunner tryouts.

Nothing lost on making a move like this - I wish him well, in his personal life as well as this shot with the Bills

• Like (+1) 2

I am guessing Duke is our starting slot WR next year and has a solid year.  Foster is a borderline #1, and he will have another offseason of training and learning.   We will draft or sign a good WR who will be either a #1 or 2-pushing down Zay on the depth chart.  We can spend a later pick on WR depth.  And concentrate on spending assets on offensive line.  WR might not be as needed as much after Duke's signing.  We will have much flexibility on draft day. IMO our biggest needs our OT, G, and Edge.  Pass rusher is on par with oline.  Our defense would be top notch if we could bring more pressure.   I expect Mr Beane to make some deals.  Hopefully for a trade down

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Simply worth taking a shot.

The guy clearly loves the game and could not give it up even when he fell off the tracks and a way of getting back to playing in the States looked pretty slim.

That kind of desperation can lead to a lot of soul-searching and we could do worse than getting a guy who loves the game, and does not shy away from contact - can guarantee part of the "we will give you a chance" includes some Special Teams gunner tryouts.

Nothing lost on making a move like this - I wish him well, in his personal life as well as this shot with the Bills

Sounds like what happened to Foster.  Cut by a WR-needy team, wasn’t picked up by anyone and then dedicated himself. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I am guessing Duke is our starting slot WR next year and has a solid year.  Foster is a borderline #1, and he will have another offseason of training and learning.   We will draft or sign a good WR who will be either a #1 or 2-pushing down Zay on the depth chart.  We can spend a later pick on WR depth.  And concentrate on spending assets on offensive line.  WR might not be as needed as much after Duke's signing.  We will have much flexibility on draft day. IMO our biggest needs our OT, G, and Edge.  Pass rusher is on par with oline.  Our defense would be top notch if we could bring more pressure.   I expect Mr Beane to make some deals.  Hopefully for a trade down

Bills need 2 starting WR's cant go into the season with Foster as #1 and thinking this guy will all the sudden be NFL worthy.

16 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Bills need 2 starting WR's cant go into the season with Foster as #1 and thinking this guy will all the sudden be NFL worthy.

Agreed, bc I like Foster.... i really do. But Buffalo hasnt seen a true #1 in a LLOONNGG time. Thats gotta be the only reason someone thinks hes a #1 - they have no idea what a #1 looks like

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

While you can’t count on Williams being a starting wide receiver, Foster has certainly shown enough to be considered a starting wide receiver.  And with resources limited, they can only try to add one starter.

15 hours ago, The Drought said:

He's no Brandon Zylstra, but you never know.

Thank goodness for that!

13 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Will Duke ever live up the Brandon Reilly hype?  I’m worried 

Who knows, but hopefully he doesn't live down to his production.