WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

16 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

LMAO  

Star will be fine?  I see that weed has been legalized in your state.  ;)  He's never been fine, he's been a below-average OL-man throughout his career with no end in sight.  Then again, I suppose what the definition of "fine" is.  

Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace are ALL desperation waiver-wire pick-up moves.  Kind of like when we traded Kelvin Sheppard for Hughes.  There was no expectation that Hughes was going to go from underachiever at Indy to above-average here, it was a "what-the-hell" type of trade.  

You can't be serious here.  I mean if Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace were so high on their list then why didn't they get them for a song instead of trading for Benjamin, for example?  

Besides, what has McKenzie done?  Nothing relevant as a WR, he may not even make the team next season despite our sore need for WRs.  He's not even average as a returner. K or P.  

Same thing with Wallace, if they knew he was going to be so good and to keep him off the post-draft FA-cy market, why didn't they draft him in the 7th ahead of Proehl who isn't even on the team anymore, or even in the 6th ahead of McCloud who's literally done absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever. 

Either way, given your statement you're arguing/implying that you trust McBeane to build our team with undrafted free-agents and waiver-wire pick-ups.  Well, OK, but IMO that ain't gonna work.  An entire team full of guys playing to their level won't even get you to .500 on a regular basis.  

As to Foster, we'll see, but same there.  Either way, two of his biggest plays this season have been on broken coverages and he's rarely drawn the best CBs on teams that already have dicey defenses this season.  The AFCE defensively is pathetic apart from us.  Even defensive-genius Belichick has his defense ranked in the 20's yardage wise.  The only reason why his scoring D is ranked 7th is because he's in a division that's bereft of offense as it's been on Brady's watch.  In six games vs. AFCE teams this season the Pats have allowed 12.5 ppg.  In five of those games they've allowed an average of 8 ppg.  It's only that unlikely Miami win with Miami scoring 34 points that pushes it up to 12.5.  

We'll see how Foster does down the road.  I have a difficult time believing that he's our answer at one of our two starting spots tho.  He's never played to that level.  

Forgive me if I missed it up thread but how did you come to determine that Star is and has always been a below average DL? PFF? Stat sheets? I’m just curious.

I’ve watched him extensively on all 22 this year and he is one of the only players on the roster who I saw consistently doing his job and doing it well. 

I always go to the :out going" teams message boards to see how the fans feel about player movement and I gotta say that, almost to a tee, they are pissed.  (ok, so there were only two message boards that even had activity but just sayin.. LOL")  Opposing fans are conversely glad to see him go, I'm sure.  The CFL sports writers had nothing but good things to say about him, in fact, I couldn't find a single negative things at all.  This could be the pickup of the offseason so far.  :)

Tim-

On January 6, 2019 at 2:37 PM, HappyDays said:

Here's a highlight video:

I count about 5 catches that are better than anything a Bills receiver did this year. With the caveat that he is against CFL talent, right now I like the signing.

He reminds me of (hate to bring up his name) Anquan Boldin.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, HappyDays said:

Here's a highlight video:

I count about 5 catches that are better than anything a Bills receiver did this year. With the caveat that he is against CFL talent, right now I like the signing.

More than five.  That guy can catch.  

All these CFL guys are small.  Makes Williams look like a giant. He won't have that advantage in the NFL.

Still, he looks like a tough guy with hands.  Should be an important addition. Without burning a draft pick. 

On 1/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, One Buffalo said:

Here is an interview from July 2018 where the Edmonton coach answers several questions about Duke, he has a lot of good things to say about him here- (start around 4:25)

And then here is an interview with Duke (Sounds like he might be "The Process" material- 

Listen to his coach.  He just loves the guy.  Sounds like a competitor and a team player.  McBeane's kind of guy.  That plus talent is a nice combination. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....HINT: sarcasm........futures deal is usually the minimum salary and sometimes a meager signing bonus....he's a "bit short" of OBJ money..........:thumbsup:

LOL well done with the "bit short" of OBJ money Oldtimer!

Bills will be bring about 12 WRs to camp.........there's lots of room for this kid to compete.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, PirateHookerMD said:

Very interesting story.  Looks like he has turned his life around.  Definitely has the talent to be an NFL receiver.  Will watch him closely during Training Camp and Pre-season.   He made some WOW catches in the highlight films.  Bills could use some WOW.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Those Canadian football endzones have to be about 20 yards long. The size difference compared to the NFL is crazy

That was the first thing that I thought, too.

Insanity.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope it makes it but I’m thinking we might have our next D’Rick Rogers.  I’m excited for the offseason hype.

Kind of like you being excited about the next Chip Kelly?