WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m cool with signing anyone.  Does seem like the whole character stuff is becoming BS when jobs are on the line though.

I think McBeane are more concerned with football character than signing choir boys.  Sounds like he's been drama free for a few years since getting booted from Auburn.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And so what? You make moves and sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Star will be fine. He was fine. He did what they wanted him to do.

If you are banging on them for the Benjamin move how bout praising them for Foster, MacKenzie, and Wallace?

LMAO  

Star will be fine?  I see that weed has been legalized in your state.  ;)  He's never been fine, he's been a below-average OL-man throughout his career with no end in sight.  Then again, I suppose what the definition of "fine" is.  

Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace are ALL desperation waiver-wire pick-up moves.  Kind of like when we traded Kelvin Sheppard for Hughes.  There was no expectation that Hughes was going to go from underachiever at Indy to above-average here, it was a "what-the-hell" type of trade.  

You can't be serious here.  I mean if Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace were so high on their list then why didn't they get them for a song instead of trading for Benjamin, for example?  

Besides, what has McKenzie done?  Nothing relevant as a WR, he may not even make the team next season despite our sore need for WRs.  He's not even average as a returner. K or P.  

Same thing with Wallace, if they knew he was going to be so good and to keep him off the post-draft FA-cy market, why didn't they draft him in the 7th ahead of Proehl who isn't even on the team anymore, or even in the 6th ahead of McCloud who's literally done absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever. 

Either way, given your statement you're arguing/implying that you trust McBeane to build our team with undrafted free-agents and waiver-wire pick-ups.  Well, OK, but IMO that ain't gonna work.  An entire team full of guys playing to their level won't even get you to .500 on a regular basis.  

As to Foster, we'll see, but same there.  Either way, two of his biggest plays this season have been on broken coverages and he's rarely drawn the best CBs on teams that already have dicey defenses this season.  The AFCE defensively is pathetic apart from us.  Even defensive-genius Belichick has his defense ranked in the 20's yardage wise.  The only reason why his scoring D is ranked 7th is because he's in a division that's bereft of offense as it's been on Brady's watch.  In six games vs. AFCE teams this season the Pats have allowed 12.5 ppg.  In five of those games they've allowed an average of 8 ppg.  It's only that unlikely Miami win with Miami scoring 34 points that pushes it up to 12.5.  

We'll see how Foster does down the road.  I have a difficult time believing that he's our answer at one of our two starting spots tho.  He's never played to that level.  

Here is an interview from July 2018 where the Edmonton coach answers several questions about Duke, he has a lot of good things to say about him here- (start around 4:25)

And then here is an interview with Duke (Sounds like he might be "The Process" material- 

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

LMAO  

Star will be fine?  I see that weed has been legalized in your state.  ;)  He's never been fine, he's been a below-average OL-man throughout his career with no end in sight.  Then again, I suppose what the definition of "fine" is.  

Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace are ALL desperation waiver-wire pick-up moves.  Kind of like when we traded Kelvin Sheppard for Hughes.  There was no expectation that Hughes was going to go from underachiever at Indy to above-average here, it was a "what-the-hell" type of trade.  

You can't be serious here.  I mean if Foster, McKenzie, and Wallace were so high on their list then why didn't they get them for a song instead of trading for Benjamin, for example?  

Besides, what has McKenzie done?  Nothing relevant as a WR, he may not even make the team next season despite our sore need for WRs.  He's not even average as a returner. K or P.  

Same thing with Wallace, if they knew he was going to be so good and to keep him off the post-draft FA-cy market, why didn't they draft him in the 7th ahead of Proehl who isn't even on the team anymore, or even in the 6th ahead of McCloud who's literally done absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever

Either way, given your statement you're arguing/implying that you trust McBeane to build our team with undrafted free-agents and waiver-wire pick-ups.  Well, OK, but IMO that ain't gonna work.  An entire team full of guys playing to their level won't even get you to .500 on a regular basis.  

As to Foster, we'll see, but same there.  Either way, two of his biggest plays this season have been on broken coverages and he's rarely drawn the best CBs on teams that already have dicey defenses this season.  The AFCE defensively is pathetic apart from us.  Even defensive-genius Belichick has his defense ranked in the 20's yardage wise.  The only reason why his scoring D is ranked 7th is because he's in a division that's bereft of offense as it's been on Brady's watch.  In six games vs. AFCE teams this season the Pats have allowed 12.5 ppg.  In five of those games they've allowed an average of 8 ppg.  It's only that unlikely Miami win with Miami scoring 34 points that pushes it up to 12.5.  

We'll see how Foster does down the road.  I have a difficult time believing that he's our answer at one of our two starting spots tho.  He's never played to that level.  

Are you really complaining about them spending less to get a player that they got? ?

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Not my skin. Just seems a bit excessive to run around spewing negativity at every opportunity.

As I said, who pissed in yours.  

I'm simply commenting on readers' posts.  If they don't want comments, then here's a thought, how about  not posting.  

Not sure why you care other than as I said, simply to argue which right now is the crux of your issue.  

If you'd prefer to discuss something amidst some facts and data I'd be happy to engage.  

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Are you really complaining about them spending less to get a player that they got? ?

No.  If that's the way it came across I'd recommend reading the entire thread of responses that contributed to mine.  

Not at all.  What I'm saying is that relying on free-agent and waiver-wire pick-ups and undrafted free-agents to build a team is no way to go and clearly isn't going to build a playoff-competitive team.  If you think it is, then great, good luck with that, we disagree.  

OTHERWISE, McBeane and their "Process" hasn't exactly lit things up via their free-agency methodologies.  

Does that sound like me complaining about spending less to get a player that they wanted?  

If anything I've complained about the absurd contract to land what was known to be a well-below-average guard in Lotulolei.  Sorry, but free-agent pick-ups like him all the way around, are hardly the ticket to success.  

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

As I said, who pissed in yours.  

I'm simply commenting on readers' posts.  If they don't want comments, then here's a thought, how about  not posting.  

Not sure why you care other than as I said, simply to argue which right now is the crux of your issue.  

If you'd prefer to discuss something amidst some facts and data I'd be happy to engage.  

No.  If that's the way it came across I'd recommend reading the entire thread of responses that contributed to mine.  

Not at all.  What I'm saying is that relying on free-agent and waiver-wire pick-ups and undrafted free-agents to build a team is no way to go and clearly isn't going to build a playoff-competitive team.  If you think it is, then great, good luck with that, we disagree.  

OTHERWISE, McBeane and their "Process" hasn't exactly lit things up via their free-agency methodologies.  

Does that sound like me complaining about spending less to get a player that they wanted?  

If anything I've complained about the absurd contract to land what was known to be a well-below-average guard in Lotulolei.  Sorry, but free-agent pick-ups like him all the way around, are hardly the ticket to success.  

LOL...twice now you’ve called Star an offensive lineman. 

• Haha (+1) 4

Who cares......low risk possibly high reward.....go for it......he was one of the best WR in the CFL....so im guessing maybe he may be abit above average here?  Hell may even improve our WR corp as it stands now......

5 minutes ago, JPP said:

Who cares......low risk possibly high reward.....go for it......he was one of the best WR in the CFL....so im guessing maybe he may be abit above average here?  Hell may even improve our WR corp as it stands now......

...WHOA bro!......you mean signing this dude to a lucrative futures contract does not mean McBeane is saying "we're now at set" at the WR spot?.....should I change my thinking that this deal precludes ANY further consideration for WR's in the draft or FA?......I'm lost..........

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WHOA bro!......you mean signing this dude to a lucrative futures contract does not mean McBeane is saying "we're now at set" at the WR spot?.....should I change my thinking that this deal precludes ANY further consideration for WR's in the draft or FA?......I'm lost..........

whats the lucrative deal?  Im not aware of it....he's from the cfl....

Edited by JPP

2 hours ago, JPP said:

whats the lucrative deal?  Im not aware of it....he's from the cfl....

When the Bills told him the ‘per diem’ for meals, Duke thought it was the contract being offered.  Like Kramer settling his burn lawsuit for free cafe lattes.  CFL pays with a pickaxe...?

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When the Bills told him the ‘per diem’ for meals, Duke thought it was the contract being offered.  Like Kramer settling his burn lawsuit for free cafe lattes.  CFL pays with a pickaxe...?

Than YES....it is a good deal!  Why is the old man confusing me?

Edited by JPP

On 1/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, Doc said:

There’s your #1 WR. 

A lot of guys laughed at this and at first I kinda snarked at it but the more I look into him the dude may end up being a beast.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think McBeane are more concerned with football character than signing choir boys.  Sounds like he's been drama free for a few years since getting booted from Auburn.

He seems hungry as hell.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Croom is at least 2 inches taller and 20-25lbs heavier. Yes he has to improve his blocking. I think they are probably looking at Williams as a big bodied wide catch radius possession/red zone receiver. I think he just might be a bit more than that - seems to have some YAC in him. Looks to be a physical, aggressive player with good hands, and the ability to track and high point the ball. Looks to me like he's got a chance. The Bills seem to think so anyway. Hope for all concerned that it works out.

Hes a WR.  He has slimmed down and improved his speed in Canada from what Ive read.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

The is awesome!!!! Exactly what we need.  Bug Guy who can come down with the ball all day long.  Dude is clearly talented. Doesn't seem like a process guy but who cares!!!

Also watch him truck this db muahaha

https://www.bardown.com/cfl-defensive-back-immediately-regrets-challenging-duke-williams-1.1195401

Hes lived the process.

4 hours ago, JPP said:

He wasnt one of the best, he was the best.

10 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

A lot of guys laughed at this and at first I kinda snarked at it but the more I look into him the dude may end up being a beast.

Yeah, it was meant as a joke.  But here's hoping I'm right.