WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

56 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The end zones are 20 yards.

I haven’t payed much attention since 1986

sometimes I’m held hostage to an unasked for conversation or a game is on in the same room

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Vancouver is a lot warmer than Buffalo.

Edmonton, where he played, isn’t.

The climates are quite similar actually. Except Edmonton doesn’t get the lake effect.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

Honestly, I could see the Bills making him more of a pass catching TE than a WR. Plus, based on the video that's been shared so many times, he likes to put people in the ground. So, that's good for blocking.....I'd say? 

Truthfully, I don't know that he has the speed to play WR for the Bills based on the types of WRs they seem to favor thus far, but TE is not a huge leap for this young man and if he's committed, I think it adds a variable to the Offense. 

17 hours ago, wppete said:

D'haquille Williams 

HT: 6'2" WT: 229LBS.

POSITION: WR

SCHOOL: Auburn

ARM LENGTH: 32 1/2"

HANDS: 9 1/4"

40 YARD DASH: 4.72 SEC

BENCH PRESS: 14 REPS

VERTICAL JUMP: 30.0 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 121.0 INCH

3 CONE DRILL: 7.43 SEC

20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.47 SEC

Wow, good video. I'm rooting for the kid. 

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/10/21/oleary-perspective-helped-duke-re-route-harrowing-path/

Awesome article about this kid if anyone is interested in learning more. Talks a lot about his "character problems" and history in general. Fascinating stuff. Will be rooting hard for him once camp rolls around!

Thanks.  That article is great.  

This guy sounds like he's ready for McDermott's leadership.  

I'm interested in the notion that he may be a tight end.   He's a pretty good sized guy, he's tough and he seems to have good hands.   Clay is too much the old style TE, and Croom simply may not have the size and aggressiveness to some of the TE dirty work.  Williams could be a Kelce, Ebron type guy.  He may not have the size he needs, but maybe it works.  

Certainly will be rooting for him.

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.  That article is great.  

This guy sounds like he's ready for McDermott's leadership.  

I'm interested in the notion that he may be a tight end.   He's a pretty good sized guy, he's tough and he seems to have good hands.   Clay is too much the old style TE, and Croom simply may not have the size and aggressiveness to some of the TE dirty work.  Williams could be a Kelce, Ebron type guy.  He may not have the size he needs, but maybe it works.  

Certainly will be rooting for him.

Croom is at least 2 inches taller and 20-25lbs heavier. Yes he has to improve his blocking. I think they are probably looking at Williams as a big bodied wide catch radius possession/red zone receiver. I think he just might be a bit more than that - seems to have some YAC in him. Looks to be a physical, aggressive player with good hands, and the ability to track and high point the ball. Looks to me like he's got a chance. The Bills seem to think so anyway. Hope for all concerned that it works out.