WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

In terms of speed, ran the same forty as Anquan Boldin and Keenan Allen. Obviously it doesn't mean anything, but trying to give a comparative for people. 

I stand corrected. I can see it with Anquan, but surprised by Keenan Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

CFL has the look of college competition!

It is somewhere between NCAA and the NFL for talent and execution

Almost half of the roster has to be defined as Canadian nationals, which certain positions tend to fill. 

Practically all skill players are allowed to be in motion before the snap, receivers hit the line with a few strides toward full speed, and the end zone is 25 yards

Duke Williams looks like he has hands made of glue, tracks the ball well, high points fairly well, and makes the tough catches in traffic. I hope his game translates to where he can be a solid contributor for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Guy showed some big time skills at Auburn and was a 5 star recruit guy. Got kicked out fo Auburn beating up some guys or something. But this I like. Interesting add to the 90 man roster.

actually I love this

Hopefully he isn’t just another D’Rick. Coming off of a great CFL season.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

It is somewhere between NCAA and the NFL for talent and execution

Almost half of the roster has to be defined as Canadian nationals, which certain positions tend to fill. 

Practically all skill players are allowed to be in motion before the snap, receivers hit the line with a few strides toward full speed, and the end zone is 25 yards

The end zones are 20 yards.

10 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Eskimos "packers colors" 1949 predate the Packers wearing the same by almost a decade 1959. Before the late 50s the Packers looked like Notre Dame!

Then what's with the Packers wearing those knockoff Eskimos unis??

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Allen is one of those "plays way faster than times" guys. But it did make him drop in the draft a bit. 

Allen was coming off a PCL injury that interfered with the combine process. So his numbers were not him at 100%..

• Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting sign with no real risk. Not much speed but he is a bigger body and has a nice catch radius. Maybe he can develop into a Boldin type wr at NFL that could help on 3rd downs and red zone. Bills wanted Benjamin to be that bigger bodied wr with large catch radius but he was not coming down with enough contested catches.

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don't have time to read through 8 pages...

Can some of the board experts tell me how I should feel about this?*

Kid who grew up in a tough area to become a typical SEC prima donna D-bag.  Suspended a few times.  Got drunk, beat up some civilians and threw a drink at a woman.  Gets cut from the team.

Makes a video where he tells us he cried after getting cut--may be crying a little in the video.  Taken and released by the Rams.  Leaves the country and becomes a good Canadian football player.  Now on the Bills.

*It has all the prerequisite clichés of an NFL "great story" and you are to pull for him.

• Like (+1) 3