WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

So a highlight real of a CFL WR preening and prancing around like an idiot more than showing his "skills." Sounds like a waste of a pick. A 5-start recruit who went to Auburn and is in the CFL is there for a reason and I would guess "maturity" is close to the top of that list. No thanks. Book it, he'll be cut. Looks overweight and slow to boot.

Waste of a pick? What pick?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a highlight video:

I count about 5 catches that are better than anything a Bills receiver did this year. With the caveat that he is against CFL talent, right now I like the signing.

Those high point catches at the 2:18 & 2:33 mark are absolute things of beauty. I know it's a highlight reel and it's the CFL but he looks like a man amongst boys in that league.

Apparently, this kid had lots of interest around the NFL. The Eskimos did him a favor and released him early so he could sign a Futures Contract with the Bills.

It is a cheap, zero risk signing in January. The high likelihood is that nothing comes of it and he's cut. But even if you estimate that he has a 5% chance to make the roster, it's still worth a January roll of the dice at a position that desperately needs an upgrade.

And hey, it's not unheard of for CFL talent to flourish in the NFL after a few years up north. I'm on board.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Canadian League DBs are not the same, however.   

Why not bring in Luke Tasker, for that matter...

Because As you said Canadian DBs are not the same as NFL DBs...  

Luke Tasker just isn’t fast enough or strong enough To be an NFL receiver. There are about 100 kids like him every draft... average size, speed , strength...  maybe 1-2 make it

an UDFA like Foster from Bama is bigger, stronger , faster, played better competition at Bama instead of Cornell and is younger

Tasker probably missed his shot. Atleast this kid has the physicality to maybe work out

Great signing, yet I don't see this as an all in one fix.

This is just a piece.  Bills need alot of help and if it means throwing some stuff against a wall to see what sticks so be it.

Still expect a WR drafted early and another FA signing of significance.

Focus will be on Oline though.  Hope Beane was watching the Indy mauling.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very talented but always in trouble in college. 1st rd talent. Worth a shot!

What first round WR have you seen run a 4.7? Honest question. He looks really, really slow. 

4 hours ago, BillsClinton said:

Waste of a pick? What pick?

Don't make sense now. You'll ruin his fun.