WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

A top SEC receiver who lights it up in the CFL . . . both good training grounds for the NFL.

A huge life-fail, but it appears he has turned his life and career around with professional help.

A high reward, low-risk signing.

What's not to like?

Got to root for him.

• Like (+1) 2

That style of Wr is needed with Allen.  It's something the team is lacking.  The question is can Willams make contested catches in the NFL.  Allen throws a very good back shoulder fade, there is not a guy currently on the team who can routinely catch it.  Also, pretty sure I know who the summer board darling is going to be. 

Edited by Mat68

49 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's grown a few inches since his first stint with the Bills. Never know with these DB's converted to WR's, but I like the upside. Also like that McBeane is willing to work with guys who've had some issues in the past. If we have the right "culture," we should be able to absorb big personalities.

Uhhhh, seriously? Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone watch this. Very good video about his personal life. Really incredible. I remember him at Auburn. I am pulling for this guy on and off the field!!!

Yup. Good stuff.

Talking about Malzahn dismissing him from the team at Auburn, Williams said, "He gave me chances to grow. And I made that mistake, so it's not his fault. It's my fault ... Coach Malzahn's one of the best coaches too. Only wanted the best for you. To become a man. And, and I wasn't a man ... I held back tears till I left. And all I did was shake his hand. I said "I wanna thank you for everything."

Gotta like that. Impressive.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had been suspended twice at Auburn before the final incident, where, threw a drink at a woman at a bar, got thrown out, got let back in and then punched out 2 security guards, a bar back and a patron.

Nothing amazing here....

The video...the video was a great video. 

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Eskimos "packers colors" 1949 predate the Packers wearing the same by almost a decade 1959. Before the late 50s the Packers looked like Notre Dame!

Yeah, was about to post this.

Packers are the knock off.

So a highlight real of a CFL WR preening and prancing around like an idiot more than showing his "skills." Sounds like a waste of a pick. A 5-start recruit who went to Auburn and is in the CFL is there for a reason and I would guess "maturity" is close to the top of that list. No thanks. Book it, he'll be cut. Looks overweight and slow to boot.

According to NFL Draft Scout, his lowest 40-yard was 4.59.

Just now, zonabb said:

So a highlight real of a CFL WR preening and prancing around like an idiot more than showing his "skills." Sounds like a waste of a pick. A 5-start recruit who went to Auburn and is in the CFL is there for a reason and I would guess "maturity" is close to the top of that list. No thanks. Book it, he'll be cut. Looks overweight and slow to boot.

What pick was wasted?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

He might not fit in.  Uses his hands way too much to catch the ball ?.  Got too like that bleacher video and his Auburn highlights.  Would love to see him succeed

Same here after hearing his story I'm really rooting for him. But it's up to him and fate/luck.

Williams has great potential to be better than any of our current receivers as long as he 1.  Stays healthy and 2. Is actually given a fair chance to compete for a job. He is exactly that type of jump ball receiver we have been lacking the past few years. The problem for him like every player who comes in from the CFL isn't lack of talent, size or speed, its the huge bias against the CFL from the NFL snobs and the lack of good scouting and quality of assessment from many NFL team's front offices.  Too many times players are overlooked in the draft and have to prove themselves in the CFL just to get a shot to come back to the NFL. The Bills would be wise to actually pay way more attention north of the border to add to their depth and get over this stupid bias!