WR Duke Williams of CFL’s Eskimos Signs with Bills

LEBills

7 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Warren Moon and Cookie Gilchrist for starters.

The reason the pool of high end talent like that coming from Canada has really dried up is that the salary cap in the CFL is around $5M..........for the whole team.

There is no competition between league's for even the rawest of talent.........if there is ANY chance whatsoever of getting on an NFL roster or practice squad young players don't try the CFL.   You really gotta' get crapped out of the talent pipeline to end up there.........which is unfortunate because the production level and vibe of CFL TV broadcast football is actually pretty good.

The best QB in the CFL makes approximately NFL veteran minimum($500K).

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hey I like it. Beane found Foster and McKenzie , Foster looks like he can have a huge impact in this league. McKenzie is super dangerous with the ball, is more of a Swiss army knife. Can return punts too. 

Starting to regain my  trust in Beane and his scouts ability to find WR that will make an impact, after he bombed on the KB trade. 

The biggest thing with KB is he realized his mistake and cut ties during the season, that speaks volumes to me alone about Beane. 

If this kid works out along with McKenzie, Foster and Jones who knows? I still want us to get that true #1 stud for Allen but like where this thing is headed.

He's grown a few inches since his first stint with the Bills. Never know with these DB's converted to WR's, but I like the upside. Also like that McBeane is willing to work with guys who've had some issues in the past. If we have the right "culture," we should be able to absorb big personalities.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

That highlight video cracked me up.

Definitely like watching college highlight reels...
One thing Duke will need to do: keep running.  His QB in Edminton severely underthrew almost everything.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's grown a few inches since his first stint with the Bills. Never know with these DB's converted to WR's, but I like the upside. Also like that McBeane is willing to work with guys who've had some issues in the past. If we have the right "culture," we should be able to absorb big personalities.

Um, not the same Duke Williams who played for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone watch this. Very good video about his personal life. Really incredible. I remember him at Auburn. I am pulling for this guy on and off the field!!!

This was absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I was going to say with his size and ways he uses it to high point the ball that he reminds me of Dez Bryant.

By that you mean they are both borderline NFL talent now, right??

Edited by dulles
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dulles said:

Definitely like watching college highlight reels...
One thing Duke will need to do: keep running.  His QB in Edminton severely underthrew almost everything.

Umm no.

Reilly is arguably the best QB in the CFL and rarely underthrows anyone. He has interest from NFL teams.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Guy showed some big time skills at Auburn and was a 5 star recruit guy. Got kicked out fo Auburn beating up some guys or something. But this I like. Interesting add to the 90 man roster.

actually I love this

Doesn’t sound like a process guy beating others up?

26 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

This was absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing.

He had been suspended twice at Auburn before the final incident, where, threw a drink at a woman at a bar, got thrown out, got let back in and then punched out 2 security guards, a bar back and a patron.

Nothing amazing here....

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tasked might have some insight on him. His son also plays WR in the CFL. 

Tune in tomorrow to one Bills live and listen to him fumble his words for 30 minutes talking about it.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m a big Eskimos fan and love Duke, but I doubt he makes the team. I’m rooting for him. He’s a big personality.

Another former Esks receiver Brandon Zylstra is on the Vikes.

Zylstra was a better route runner than Duke and probably has better hands as well, Duke was a really effective deep ball receiver though 

3 hours ago, eball said:

Doesn’t seem like a “process” guy but they have the culture so maybe he takes the chance seriously. Certainly has big time talent. 

That Bleacher Report video makes me he think he can be a “process” guy. 

• Like (+1) 2