Sunday NFC Wild Card: Eagles at Bears 4:40 NBC

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure, so you run that system. Many QBs fall into this category. 

Might be easier said than done, especially if you consider our HC is a defensive guy. You'd have to have a McDaniels type guy who is willing to stay on as OC for many years. 

26 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I have a soft spot for the Bears...that was brutal....great game but...like a punch in the gut...

I loved seeing the Bores get bounced.    It's an offensive league and they have talent but they were punished for not being more aggressive with that offense.

Played not to lose.......brought themselves down to the 9 win road teams level.

The more aggressive offensive HC's won the games in Baltimore and Chicago............and the Cowboys score was too close as well.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Calm down there grandpa 

it’s likely a small group that stayed that was probably drunk that doesn’t = Chicago as a whole 

I mean, I’ve seen Bills fans boo players that have WON us games! ?

Doesn't mean we’re all like that....

I hate to judge body language, but you could damn near tell Parky was gonna miss that kick. Such a mental position. Hauschka had a dip in performance after the injury, but he seems to have ice water in his veins. First kicker I've trusted in a long time. Rian Lindell had the same look as Parky any time he lined up for an important kick.

50 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wentz was playing at a MVP level prior to knee injury last year. Foles was so bad in LA he got benched. But good for him. He will get another chance. Denver,  Tampa, Oakland could all make a trade for him. Giants and Washington would be good landing places but Philly wont trade with the division most likely.

Shhhhhh. People love false narratives. Carson Wentz is a foundational QB. I don't know what the deal is with Foles and these runs, but there is zero chance Foles starts over Wentz in Philly long term. Foles will get a shot as you said, but it won't be in Philly.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, that’s totally classless.  Never have thought much of Chicago as a town.

Meh........the setup being an NFL kicker post Norwood is glory or goat.........getting boo'ed for missing a relatively easy kick is fair game, IMO.   

I just wish they'd get rid of kicks altogether and we'd see a lot more 4 down football.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Oh come on that's classless. Never put a game in the hands of a last second 40+ yard kick.

It is rough on the kicker and not excusing the fans, but keep in mind the guy had the most missed kicks in the NFL this season. It wasn't like the fans boo'd the guy for his first miss ever. At least the kicker will likely never be boo'd again since my guess is his career is over. Finding a new kicker will be a priority in Chicago.

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

It is rough on the kicker and not excusing the fans, but keep in mind the guy had the most missed kicks in the NFL this season. It wasn't like the fans boo'd the guy for his first miss ever. At least the kicker will likely never be boo'd again since my guess is his career is over. Finding a new kicker will be a priority in Chicago.

OK, fair.  But their defense folded like a cheap card table on that last drive.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, fair.  But their defense folded like a cheap card table on that last drive.

Actually if you want to place blame look at the Bears' offense. You expect to win games if you only give up 16 points. Doesn't change the fact that a kicker who had a below average year failed at a game winning kick that, while certainly not a gimme by any stretch was still not a lengthy prayer.

7 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

You guys seriously think it’s classless to boo after a missed kick?

These are paid professionals, not neighborhood children. They should be mercilessly booed.

3 minutes ago, eanyills said:

You guys seriously think it’s classless to boo after a missed kick?

These are paid professionals, not neighborhood children. They should be mercilessly booed.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just feel a bit sorry for the guy because he'll be selling life insurance come next September.