Sunday NFC Wild Card: Eagles at Bears 4:40 NBC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

There is no way that they could justify overturning that play call, and giving it to the Bears.

Yeah, it does seem like an incomplete pass is the best result from that mess.  The official by the ball was indicating incomplete pass and the play over.

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

There is no way that they could justify overturning that play call, and giving it to the Bears.

The official shouldn’t have picked the ball up. They needed to let that play go . Would have been a travesty 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Biggest takeaway is that LA will have to beat NE by 2 scores or the refs will 100% find a way to screw them

No one was able to answer the question earlier, are the dopey Chargers flying west tonight and then coming back east? I’d like to see the W/L for teams who decide to do that. 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, it does seem like an incomplete pass is the best result from that mess.  The official by the ball was indicating incomplete pass and the play over.

Exactly, official ruled it an incomplete pass, and blew the whistle. Play was over.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Maybe replay the down instead?  Weird situation 

I’m guessing NY said “ yeah we’ll just go with the ruling on the field stands with this one” can’t imgaine the controversy if they called it a catch. 

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd take mowins over Collinsworth honestly. I've never liked lustejng to Collinsworth, he's just so annoying 

Whereas he is absolutely my favourite of the main guys save for Romo. 

I am not normally one to complain about officiating.... by my word it has been atrocious this weekend. All star crews? Yea, right. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I think they are going to have to yet again go over the catch rule.  To me that was a catch and fumble.  There is no verbiage in place for that situation when the ref calls it dead and its overturned. I feel like on one hand that should just be Bears ball at the spot he fumbled.  On the other hand that isn't fair to Philly either because one of their guys could have easily picked up the ball.  Very strange situation.  Maybe the answer is when its close the refs should let the play go until some form of recovery instead of blowing it dead.

In any case, I am rooting for Philly in this one.

Edited by Scott7975