Whose renewing seasons?

vanhalen26

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Won't lie I kinda want to buy seasons even though I have a new kid on the way and being in Rochester the commit is harsh drive and time wise

I hear that. Do you drive far for the Bills? Living in Rochester the time commitment/drive where you sometimes hit 2-3 hr traffic to get home is what iced me back to 2-3 games. Plus road tripping to Miami twice has been an incredible experience and my wife and I plan now on one road game a year, that to me is worth the price of seasons instead while doing 2-3 games at home.

Get the tickets. 

On 1/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m out after 16 seasons.

Part of it is personal, hope to be making some employment changes this year. Part of it is not being tied to 10 games worth of tickets, as this past season really felt like a hose job watching seats go for under $20 for 6 out of 8 regular season games.

Getting older, don’t have the desire to go to every single game anymore. Will go a-la-carte and maybe treat myself to clubs once in a while, and/or a roadie weekend.

Got my hookup for opener tix though, my cuz has day-one eligibility for presale.

Who doesn't love a roadie?

On 1/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, Augie said:

I wonder how many extra seats will renew at least partly thanks to the glow of week 17, vs if we had been blown out that game. I know it’s a much bigger decision than that, but it does give me a different feel going into the offseason.

I’m too far away for seasons, but hope to get to the opener and the Nashville game. 

Definitely hoping to get to their Nashville game as well. I think it'd be cool for a bunch of TBD members to get together for a tailgate! I know there are a lot of us in the SE.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

Pissed me off seeing 'discount' Dolphins tickets, but I'm still in for year 31

trust me this concern has been expressed by yours truly to internal people at OBD. I really was pissed off they couched discounted Jets tickets as some kind of grand gesture to charities...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Definitely hoping to get to their Nashville game as well. I think it'd be cool for a bunch of TBD members to get together for a tailgate! I know there are a lot of us in the SE.

Stay tuned! Last time in Nashville I was a TBD amatuer and blew it, but keep in touch here and get PM’s with cell #’s and detailed location info. I’m sure it will be a blast. I LOVE Nashville. We used to have a place there and grew to love it. Pedestrian bridge from stadium over to Broadway, walk to the Gulch. It will be awesome! Never found the specific group we were looking for, but....

Having said all that, we did meet countless Bills fans who were very generous with food and drink. They had come from long and far, and were STUD fans who made you proud. 

Edited by Augie

I'm out for now. It was getting harder to drag myself to the games as it is before my 4 year old asked me after the Jaguars game why I left him all day. I was wavering before that but that one really got me. I'll watch from the comfort of my couch for a few years.

Hoping to go to either Nashville or Cleveland though.

Edited by JM57

On 1/6/2019 at 8:47 PM, Peter said:

My family had been season ticket holders since the inception of the franchise.  I continued the season tickets after my Dad died even though I have been living down here in Miami since that time.  I continued the season tickets for another 21 years until last year.  I decided not to renew for two primary reasons:

1) As an out-of-town season ticket holder, all I wanted to do was break even on the games that I could not attend.  For the first time ever, I lost money on the tickets in 2017.  I could not even sell the tickets to the 2017 home opener against the Jets even though I lowered the price to the lowest I could on the NFL Ticket Exchange.  You also will recall that tickets to the Colts game in December that year were going for $6 on StubHub for example.  It was and continues to be a buyer's market.

2) When I was debating whether to renew before this past season, I clicked on the account manager link at BuffaloBills.com and the terms of the season ticket holder agreement popped up for the first time.  It provided that, if I renewed, I would have to indemnify the Buffalo Bills and the NFL for anything anyone did who used my seats. I called the Bills about this to complain.  

In short, it made no sense for me to continue to purchase Bills season tickets if I was going to lose money on the deal . . . and, to add insult to injury, I would have to agree to indemnify the Bills and the NFL for anything that some drunk might do - even though the Bills and the NFL get a piece of the action on the NFL Ticket Exchange and I had no control over who bought the tickets.

It was a VERY difficult decision to give up tickets that our family had since the inception of the franchise.  I am pretty sentimental to begin with and one of the reasons I kept the tickets all these years was that I felt a civic duty to do my part to show any owner that might come after Ralph that there was support for the Bills.

I periodically checked the secondary market this past season to determine whether I made a good financial decision.  I paid special attention to section 112 (where we had seats).  It is clear that this past year was a buyer's market as well.  I suspect that it will continue to be a buyer's market and that it makes sense for me to just buy tickets when I can travel to Buffalo for a game.

I wouldnt expect 6 dollar tickets next season.

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Wouldn't it be pretty foolish for people who had seasons for some or all of the decades of suck to give them up now when they can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (and for once it isn't the headlight of a oncoming train)?

Yes, it would be. If it weren't for my kids, there's no way I'd give them up now after 4 seasons. But I know if I renewed, I wouldn't be going to more than a couple of games and wouldn't even get close to recovering the cost for the others. Everyone's situation is different. If you're in good health and have no financial issues and have slogged through 7, 8, 20 seasons of frustration and give up now? The worst is over! 

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Stay tuned! Last time in Nashville I was a TBD amatuer and blew it, but keep in touch here and get PM’s with cell #’s and detailed location info. I’m sure it will be a blast. I LOVE Nashville. We used to have a place there and grew to love it. Pedestrian bridge from stadium over to Broadway, walk to the Gulch. It will be awesome! Never found the specific group we were looking for, but....

Having said all that, we did meet countless Bills fans who were very generous with food and drink. They had come from long and far, and were STUD fans who made you proud. 

*****..do you and @LeviF91 every bring your own stuff ..or do you just plan to mooch at all tailgates!!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I wouldnt expect 6 dollar tickets next season.

They were smack dab in the middle of a playoff race that year. it was a must win game. I sold two of mine for 9 dollars each that game.

I'm leaning towards not renewing. I still love going and think Allen is fun to watch but its just getting too hard to spend a whole day at the game. Its exhausting.

It would be better if you had a game every other week. This season was hard because there were 3 in December, already a busy month and i had to eat a few tickets because they wouldnt sell. Its a buyers market and I think I should be on that end next season

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They were smack dab in the middle of a playoff race that year. it was a must win game. I sold two of mine for 9 dollars each that game.

I'm leaning towards not renewing. I still love going and think Allen is fun to watch but its just getting too hard to spend a whole day at the game. Its exhausting.

It would be better if you had a game every other week. This season was hard because there were 3 in December, already a busy month and i had to eat a few tickets because they wouldnt sell. Its a buyers market and I think I should be on that end next season

Lol gonna be great when you have to pay a premium on tickets