Tyree Jackson v. Josh Allen

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because Josh Allen was the best player on a bad Wyoming offense.

Tyree is not the best player on a loaded UB offense

Josh has a super clean release which translates well to the league 

Tyree has a very elongated delivery which NFL DBs will read and react too. 

He also doesn’t play under center much. Allen was in a complete pro style offense 

Nailed. It. 

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted

Ive watched a good amount of ub football, he will get drafted. He kinda reminds me of cardale jones. Has the tools to become a good QB. He needs to go to a good organization and be coached up

I feel like the 5th round would be a reach, same with the 6th. Might be worth the chance in the 6th though. I think he more likely ends up a 7th rounder or UDFA.

14 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted

Ive watched a good amount of ub football, he will get drafted. He kinda reminds me of cardale jones. Has the tools to become a good QB. He needs to go to a good organization and be coached up

Exactly.  I initially feared Josh was another Cardale Jones but he proved to be much better.

Still, as with Josh, Tyree is fairly accurate when he can just fire the ball, especially deep.  When Tyree has to use touch, he’s like “EJ into the hospitality tent”.  He regressed this year.

17 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Both played at small school, both are huge, with big arms, and accuracy issues. How then was Josh Allen drafted in the 1st round and Jackson is projected very late with NFL teams having told him to go back to school? I'm just curious why the big discrepancy in future potential and draft position.

Eye test. Jackson looks bad, sloppy, and slow.

Tyree  likely goes day 2 based on potential alone.  Is really a day 3 pick at this point. Another year in a pro style college offense would have helped his development.

Mechanics, presnap reads and pocket movement are real weaknesses. 

Whatever it takes to get to Jordan Palmer a.s.a.p. he should make the investment.  My impression of him as an athlete is that he is gangly rather than fluid, doesn't show much physical toughness, and is not nearly a finished college QB.  The transfer flirtation is odd and now the draft declaration indicates that he is either listening to the wrong people or maybe that he had some problem with the UB coaches.  I would like to see him do well but there is a long way for him to go before that can happen.

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because Josh Allen was the best player on a bad Wyoming offense.

Tyree is not the best player on a loaded UB offense

Josh has a super clean release which translates well to the league 

Tyree has a very elongated delivery which NFL DBs will read and react too. 

He also doesn’t play under center much. Allen was in a complete pro style offense 

NFL QBs don't play under center much.

My quick take.

At the beginning of the 2018 season i was wishing the Bills had Tyree instead Josh Allen.   By the end of the season I'm very glad the Bills have Josh Allen as their starting QB.  Tyree will be a project and I no longer see him as having the same skills as Allen.  

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've watched every TJ game the last two seasons. His game peak was the first 4  games this season. He was impressive. But he declined after the Army game. First thought is Jackson a product of Johnson when he was out with an injury? Then Johnson returns but TJ is still playing worse.

I'm curious to see Jackson at a different program. Maybe his coaching at UB is poor? But, wow, I wouldn't go near him after what I saw end of season.

He was horrible in the Army too.  Jackson is a perfect example of an athlete playing QB.  As far as skill set, Jackson isn't close to having what Allen brings to the table.  It is laughable that he decided to go into the draft.  Poor decision.

18 minutes ago, Gordio said:

He was horrible in the Army too.  Jackson is a perfect example of an athlete playing QB.  As far as skill set, Jackson isn't close to having what Allen brings to the table.  It is laughable that he decided to go into the draft.  Poor decision.

I gave TJ a pass for the Army game. No Anthony Johnson and his defense got run over all game. (A sign of things to come, unfortunately.) But he never turned it around fully since that game.

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Whatever it takes to get to Jordan Palmer a.s.a.p. he should make the investment.  My impression of him as an athlete is that he is gangly rather than fluid, doesn't show much physical toughness, and is not nearly a finished college QB.  The transfer flirtation is odd and now the draft declaration indicates that he is either listening to the wrong people or maybe that he had some problem with the UB coaches.  I would like to see him do well but there is a long way for him to go before that can happen.

I was thinking about that, actually.

Obviously sometimes a transfer is a risk that can pay dividends.  Russ Wilson transferring from NC State to Wisconsin is the Poster Child for that.

So I thought the transfer might be a good move.

I don't understand the thinking on wanting to come out and be drafted.  If he thinks he'll get more development as a 6th round or UDFA on a pro team, I think he's mistaken.  Those guys get the scraps left over when the big shots are done with the coaches' time.