Sunday Wild Card Game: Chargers at Baltimore, 1 pm on CBS

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Lamar is horrendous this game and Baltimore cannot do anything. I always wondered how he would look if he had to continuously pass. Being behind necessitates that. Baltimore might want to consider putting Flacco in for the second half. They are going to have to pass a lot. 

You would think;  clearly they need to change something.  Flacco has a pretty good history in the playoffs.

So it's a shame Jackson is this bad because I REALLY want to see this Ravens defense beating the sh-- out of Brady.

p.s.  I wish they still said "unabated to the quarterback"

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Chargers not taking any chances, but they are winning the game.

That might be why they are winning the game

Just now, HappyDays said:

Blake Bortles threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs his 2nd season. Not trying to compare him with Watson but it takes more than one good year to prove anything.

BLAKE BORTLES IS A BETTER PASSER THAN LJ HAS BEEN THIS SEASON.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Are we living in different realities?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

BLAKE BORTLES IS A BETTER PASSER THAN LJ HAS BEEN THIS SEASON.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Are we living in different realities?

No I don't even disagree with you, I'm just saying one season of 4000 yards doesn't prove anything. Derek Carr had 2 seasons where he was just shy of 4000 yards and over 26 TDs. QBs sometimes look good for a season or two before falling off the map. I thought this was pretty common knowledge among NFL fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Jackson was never really good. Gimmick QB's will never last and it is showing.

Maybe. Most don't last. But small sample size. Vick was a gimmick QB. Russell Wilson ran a ton of RPO his first 2 years.. like what's your definition of a gimmick QB. Because Lamar is taking gimmick to a whole new level. Him and Vick are the only gimmick QB's by Lamar's standard. Idk how that means gimmick QB's never last. He's the Ravens franchise regardless

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You would think;  clearly they need to change something.  Flacco has a pretty good history in the playoffs.

So it's a shame Jackson is this bad because I REALLY want to see this Ravens defense beating the sh-- out of Brady.

p.s.  I wish they still said "unabated to the quarterback"

How about the Chargers defense?

Totally shut down the run.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At the moment as a passer he is still the guy he was in college and my view was always that wouldn't be good enough. He had to step up. 

In fairness to Jackson whereas Allen has had chances to learn to be a passer without being afraid of making a mistakes because the games were meaningless from a results perspective (I do think in the long run we will be grateful for that) Jackson has been playing meaningful football since he has been in. But playing the way Jackson has been playing since he got into the lineup is not going to provide sustainable success in the NFL. 

Credit the Ravens staff for putting that offense together for him and finding success with it. It is a high-level collegiate style offense with a dynamic running QB, which NFL defenses aren't built to defend. Of course, everyone has been saying eventually teams will figure it out and it looks like the Chargers have done so. Helps getting a chance to play them a few weeks ago too.