Wild Card Sunday: More FA targets to watch

YoloinOhio

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/potential-buffalo-bills-free-agency-targets-to-watch-on-wild-card-Sunday

Chargers at Baltimore, 1:05 pm
L.A. Chargers - WR Tyrell Williams, No. 16 and DT Darius Philon, No. 93

Others considered: CB Jason Verrett, WR Geramy Davis

Baltimore - TE Maxx Williams, No. 87

Others considered: TE Nick Boyle, WR John Brown

Philadelphia at Chicago, 4:40 pm
Philadelphia - LB LaRoy Reynolds, No. 50

Others considered: TE Richard Rodgers, G Chance Warmack

Chicago - RT Bobby Massie, No. 70

Others considered: WR Josh Bellamy, G Eric Kush

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Feel like John Brown and Maxx Williams would be good pickups. John Brown would’ve prolly been difficult to pry away but now with Jackson at QB he may want to leave. 

The Bills were already interested in him last year and offered him a 3 year deal. He elected to go to Baltimore but without looking it up it seems to me he was much more productive with Flacco. I could see him considering the Bills this time around. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Williams but feel like he's a WR2/3. He'd be good competition for Foster and McKenzie so there's that but I wonder what his price is. I have a feeling the Bills are going to have to trade for a WR1 because I don't see one in the draft. Otherwise it's not happening this year.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I like Williams but feel like he's a WR2/3. He'd be good competition for Foster and McKenzie so there's that but I wonder what his price is. I have a feeling the Bills are going to have to trade for a WR1 because I don't see one in the draft. Otherwise it's not happening this year.

Hopefully another team grossly overpays him and not Buffalo

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Hopefully another team grossly overpays him and not Buffalo

Yea I liked him more when the Bills didn't have any speed at WR. Now they have Foster and McKenzie. Not that they should just sit on their hand but I do wonder if he will be asking for a good amount of money.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills were already interested in him last year and offered him a 3 year deal. He elected to go to Baltimore but without looking it up it seems to me he was much more productive with Flacco. I could see him considering the Bills this time around. 

I think he should be our number 1 free agent target. He probably went to Baltimore because of Flacco. With Jackson at QB I could see him wanting out because they will be a run oriented offence. Allen has the Arm to utilize his speed. 

I would like us to go after Brown and Humphries in free agency. Then we can focus on oline and TE early in the draft.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t big fans of any of their receivers here in Baltimore 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

They aren’t big fans of any of their receivers here in Baltimore 

Some things never change! Seems like they blow in their WR core every year... they’ve been bad at drafting them. Can’t help that Perriman is finally producing in Cleveland...

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some things never change! Seems like they blow in their WR core every year... they’ve been bad at drafting them. Can’t help that Perriman is finally producing in Cleveland...

I don’t have an opinion on any of them. I listen to their morning radio show and they probably hate them as much as we did to start the season.   Drops are the big topic of conversation 

22 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

We’re not getting a WR1, unless we draft one. Even then, lots of WR2’s in this draft with WR1 “potential”.  

I’m all on board with getting Josh a couple more WR2’s to go with Foster and Zay.  I think that’s enough to facilitate a big time passing attack, especially if they have speed to stretch the field everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Jason Verritt 

I’m not sure why Joe B included him as someone to watch, he’s been on IR since like August. But maybe just as someone to consider. He’s a really good player but soooo injury prone. Not sure McD goes there. 

I do think Travis Benjamin will be available. Not a huge fan though.

Maxx Williams is a nice fit as a tight end as he can play fullback as well. 86 Nick Boyle is actually very similar and also set to be a UFA. They both block well and are underrated recievers. Grabbing one of them and say Jesse James instantly fixes the tight end position. 

My real offseason target is Forrest Lamp of the Chargers. He's healthy but inactive. I think they will be willing to move him for very little. The guy has big time potential as a guard, got hurt, and is now blocked. Perfect buy low in my opinion. 

Another guy not playing is Alex Lewis of Baltimore. He's being replaced by James Hurst who is among some pretty good guaranteed money and Orlando Brown is at right tackle. They also have Bozeman. Lewis has been hurt quite a bit, but good when he is in there.  He's got one year left on his rookie deal, I'd call the Ravens and see is he is available, as he doesn't really have a spot anymore. Could play either guard and could probably play center as well. Worth a late round pick for sure.