[Incomplete Title] 1 year ago today...

DBilz2500

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. That was fun. In fact, frustrating as it was, that 2017 Bills season was an epic ride for us Bills fans.  I miss it already ...

Just wanna have that playoff game feeling again . Nothing else like it, man. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, that ended our drought BUT look what happened to the team that beat us?   They picking ahead of us in the '19 draft.

We didn't deserve the playoffs this past season, would have been nice to be there again, but I have to hope that we're finally heading in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

What a trash game it was.

Of course it was nice to get the draught off our backs and all that, but my God!

It was easily the worst, sloppiest QB performance, by both teams, in any playoff game I can remember.

Bortles was freaking horrible in that game; Tyrod was worse.

That game serves as a reminder that fairly crap teams can qualify for the playoffs in the NFL these days, but they won't go very far once they do.

55 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

3 points aside, that weekend and the lead up to the game was unparalleled. Such an amazing feeling and the parties were second to none 

Yup we had an absolute blast. Bills fans all over each airport I was in, and completely took over Jax. The energy in lot X that morning of the game was like nothing I’ve ever been a part of.

Luckily for us, it was clear what needed to be done after that playoff loss and McDermott and Beane did them all:

- Tyrod had to go.  His limitations are a passer were on fully display.  Jacksonville had great team speed and dared him beat them with his arm.   He led the offense to 3 points and wasted a very good defensive effort.

- Rick Dennison had to go.  Another very unimaginative game plan that saw the Bills failing to muster 10 points.

- DL/LB need an upgrade.  Blake Bortles ran for nearly 100 yards and was essentially the entire Jacksonville offense.  This happened because A.) there was no push up the middle and B.) because our LB’s (Brown, Humber, and Alexander) couldn’t catch him.  

• Like (+1) 2

That game was painful Bortles killing them with his legs and Bills complete lack of offense, just brutal. It makes Allen’s season that much more encouraging, a rookie and with less of supporting consistently produced more offense.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Of course it was nice to get the draught off our backs and all that, but my God!

It was easily the worst, sloppiest QB performance, by both teams, in any playoff game I can remember.

Bortles was freaking horrible in that game; Tyrod was worse.

That game serves as a reminder that fairly crap teams can qualify for the playoffs in the NFL these days, but they won't go very far once they do.

Fittingly, it was a game between 2 teams who hadn’t been to the playoffs in a decade plus.

8 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Luckily for us, it was clear what needed to be done after that playoff loss and McDermott and Beane did them all:

- Tyrod had to go.  His limitations are a passer were on fully display.  Jacksonville had great team speed and dared him beat them with his arm.   He led the offense to 3 points and wasted a very good defensive effort.

- Rick Dennison had to go.  Another very unimaginative game plan that saw the Bills failing to muster 10 points.

- DL/LB need an upgrade.  Blake Bortles ran for nearly 100 yards and was essentially the entire Jacksonville offense.  This happened because A.) there was no push up the middle and B.) because our LB’s (Brown, Humber, and Alexander) couldn’t catch him.  

I’d argue all but 1. Peterman proved to anyone who was watching that he didn’t have an NFL arm with that sideline pick that Ramsey managed to pull in despite tripping over himself and nearly falling, and yet inexplicably they still needed 8+ qtrs of meaningful game action before they finally, mercifully cut his ass. 

Edited by transient