UB’s Tyree Jackson has declared for the NFL draft

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly. I said I would’ve drafted him as a SR out of HS because mentally he was way ahead of everybody 

What makes him special is not how he handles success so much as how he handles mishaps and bad plays. A bad play by him or a teammate has little residual effect on his next play. He is like a battlefield surgeon who has a severely wounded patient die on his table. His response is who's next on the schedule to be opened up? That's a cold blooded trait that you naturally have and can't be taught. It's the same trait that Mafia hit man have. Cold-blooded workers who focus on the task at hand. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What makes him special is not how he handles success so much as how he handles mishaps and bad plays. A bad play by him or a teammate has little residual effect on his next play. He is like a battlefield surgeon who has a severely wounded patient die on his table. His response is who's next on the schedule to be opened up? That's a cold blooded trait that you naturally have and can't be taught. It's the same trait that Mafia hit man have. Cold-blooded workers who focus on the task at hand. :ph34r:

You don’t need to tell me. I was #1 on the wagon

12 hours ago, Steve O said:

The Bills might give him a look as an UDFA simply because his skill-set is similar to Josh's, albeit even more raw. BIg, strong arm, mobile. Overall I don't see this as a good move on his part but will probably end up on someone's practice squad.

Not a prayer. Don't forget UB trains at the Bills fieldhouse, so scouts can just walk down the hall to check out players. You want a dark horse low round/UDFA candidate, look at Gus Ragland at Miami OH. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Brad Riter is a ***** head.

Brad isn't exactly unbiased here. He works on the school's broadcast team. Tyree, at his best, is a great prospect. But he took so many steps back this year at UB. Someone will probably draft him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 1/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

But you are already seeing the varying opinions. Someone has him in the 1st and someone else has him undrafted. He doesn’t need 32 teams to believe in him. He needs 1. Toolsy prospects ALWAYS get pushed up because of that. His ceiling his high and his floor is really low. 

FWIW, I don’t like him as a pro prospect. I’m not saying what I would do. I’m saying what I think will happen. I’m thinking between 90-150. 

Reminds me a lot of Cardale Jones, in terms of fluidity of draft status. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, that is the perfect comparison IMO. Tyree has a longer track record of success while Cardale had it at the biggest moments. Similar prospects

OK.......but whereas Cardale was constantly working every excuse possible to go back to C-Bus to hang out with his college teammates(and throw em kickass draft parties) rather than stay in Buffalo and work at his QB craft...........Tyree can do that AND stay in Buffalo.  

• 2 weeks later...

Tyree has the one QB asset that cannot be taught - 6 feet 7 inches tall!

i agree with the pundits who say he would benefit greatly by playing out his senior year, but I also can’t blame him for trying his luck in the draft, rather than risking a devastating injury while still in college.  Remember what happened to Willis McGahee in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl?  Tore his ACL, PCL, and MCL, dropped from a certain top 5 pick to #23, and sat out the entire 2003 season to undergo several surgeries and rehabilitation.  Jeez, I don’t know why these NFL-bound guys even risk playing bowl games.

That said, I would love to see the Bills sign Jackson as a UDFA.  Maybe he could be our 3rd QB, or find a spot on the practice squad.

JMO

Edited by The Senator

11 hours ago, #34fan said:

I thought he looked much better than advertised today...  More fluid than I anticipated.

Could be worth risking a 4th or 5th....  Phish... Bengals... Bucs... Even the Lions...  Teams with nothing to lose either way.

It’s weird the hate he has gotten.  He is a nfl qb.  Now, I don’t know how good he will be or how long he will last, but he has possibly the best arm in this draft.  He is exactly the type of qb you draft in later rounds and try to develop. 

He would make a ton of sense here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird the hate he has gotten.  He is a nfl qb.  Now, I don’t know how good he will be or how long he will last, but he has possibly the best arm in this draft.  He is exactly the type of qb you draft in later rounds and try to develop. 

He would make a ton of sense here.

Except we are entrenched with 3 QBs who will be better than TJ next season... he will automatically be 4th on the DC

we aren’t keeping 4 and that leaves PS... he would be scooped if we left him him.

they like Anderson and Barkley. I see TJ as a 5th rounder but not in Buffalo... perhaps a reunion to Michigan with the Detroit Lions

I wouldn't totally rule out Buffalo signing TJ as a UDFA and keeping him on the PS, but I don't expect it either.  He is more likely to get drafted late by another team.  There's no reaso for Buffalo to go chasing after a QB in the draft when they have their QB threesome set for next season.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Except we are entrenched with 3 QBs who will be better than TJ next season... he will automatically be 4th on the DC

we aren’t keeping 4 and that leaves PS... he would be scooped if we left him him.

they like Anderson and Barkley. I see TJ as a 5th rounder but not in Buffalo... perhaps a reunion to Michigan with the Detroit Lions

Eh, you can pick guys up like Barkley and Anderson every year.  We just did it this year. Dime a dozen journeyman backups are so easy to find.  I believe your qb roster should consist of your starter, the veteran non threatening backup, and developmental guys.

smart teams don’t not get a good prospect because they have a Barkley or Anderson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.