UB’s Tyree Jackson has declared for the NFL draft

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Cardale Jones played in a big time program while Jackson didn't. I believe you are over-valuing Jackson's draft status. I stand by my prediction that Jackson will be drafted at a lower spot than Peterman. That's how I see it. Don't get me wrong I wish Jackson the best. Without a doubt he helped elevate the UB program. 

8 hours ago, bbb said:

That what happens with raw guys. Someone has an undrafted grade and someone else has a 2nd. How many QBs in this class are better prospects than Jackson? 5 maybe? Haskins, Lock, Jones, maybe Grier and/or Finley? It’s not a lot. 

I dont think that he goes kn the 1st coming off of a bad year but wouldn’t at all be surprised if he were off the board by the end of day 2.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, noacls said:

Wish him the best but I think it's a bad decision. Should have just stayed at UB. Would have had 2 young studs coming up in WR room. With one of those rated as one of the highest rated recruits ever at UB. 

Which recruit are you talking about because Malik Brooks was the #1 player committed to UB and a top 70 WR but decomitted 

48 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Which recruit are you talking about because Malik Brooks was the #1 player committed to UB and a top 70 WR but decomitted 

The 2 receivers I was talking about were Charlie Jones and Rodney Scott, both redshirt freshman this year. Jones played well early. According to 24/7 Sporrts Scott is UB's 3rd highest rated recruit ever. 

Sucks they did not get Brooks wonder if he knew Jackson was not going to stay. What say you?

2 minutes ago, noacls said:

The 2 receivers I was talking about were Charlie Jones and Rodney Scott, both redshirt freshman this year. Jones played well early. According to 24/7 Sporrts Scott is UB's 3rd highest rated recruit ever. 

Sucks they did not get Brooks wonder if he knew Jackson was not going to stay. What say you?

Jones is already ahead of Scott on the DC as of know I’d sY 

Being a midteir 3* recruit is great but Where you are ranked coming in really has no barring on where you are 2+ years later 

some kids grind hard and rise , some fall

Charlie Jones looks like the low tier 2* kid who busted his butt and will be good.. I love me some Charlie Jones 

scott has potential but needs to put it all together...

Jonahthan Hawkins is the highest rated RB in UB history and is now relegated to 4th-5th string pretty much 

As for Brooks , ZERO chance it has anything to do with Jackson... he would’ve had 1 year at most with him

my feelings are UB thought he was a lock and didn’t make him feel like he was their #1 priority... he is going to Monmouth where they made him feel like “ family “

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That what happens with raw guys. Someone has an undrafted grade and someone else has a 2nd. How many QBs in this class are better prospects than Jackson? 5 maybe? Haskins, Lock, Jones, maybe Grier and/or Finley? It’s not a lot. 

I dont think that he goes kn the 1st coming off of a bad year but wouldn’t at all be surprised if he were off the board by the end of day 2.

Here's Brad Riter:

17 minutes ago, bbb said:

Here's Brad Riter:

Well he’s smoking the good stuff.

No scout in their right mind has a Day1 grade on this kid. I’m the biggest UB supporter you’ll find but I’m not gonna lie and say he’s a future star

He has tons of issues , I wouldn’t take him in the top 100

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

No scout in their right mind has a Day1 grade on this kid. I’m the biggest UB supporter you’ll find but I’m not gonna lie and say he’s a future star

I see him somewhere between about 90-150. That is certainly subject to change though (especially for such a flawed prospect). There will be a huge variance on team’s boards when it comes to Jackson just like there was with Josh. Some teams will look at Tyree Jackson as a day 2 guy with huge upside and others will see a player that shouldn’t be drafted.

Wow.  With UB gaining national press I watched a number of games this season and this guy has NFL bust written all over him, but in a QB-needy league he has the "prototypical" size teams drool over so I guess we can be prepared to have another team make the EJ Manuel mistake and over-draft him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most experts I’ve heard, have at most 2 legit QBs and skill players first round

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kirby, I respectfully disagree with where you think Jackson will be drafted. His last year's collegiate performance downgraded his draft prospects. He certainly has impressive tools but he didn't show that he had the recognition ability that is essential for his position. I'm not rooting against him. His prospects for success is more predicated on going to an organization that knows how to develop qbs rather than the round he is drafted. If he went to a team coached by McVay or Shanahan his chances for success would significantly increase. I'm rooting for him. 

The Bills might give him a look as an UDFA simply because his skill-set is similar to Josh's, albeit even more raw. BIg, strong arm, mobile. Overall I don't see this as a good move on his part but will probably end up on someone's practice squad.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Kirby, I respectfully disagree with where you think Jackson will be drafted. His last year's collegiate performance downgraded his draft prospects. He certainly has impressive tools but he didn't show that he had the recognition ability that is essential for his position. I'm not rooting against him. His prospects for success is more predicated on going to an organization that knows how to develop qbs rather than the round he is drafted. If he went to a team coached by McVay or Shanahan his chances for success would significantly increase. I'm rooting for him. 

But you are already seeing the varying opinions. Someone has him in the 1st and someone else has him undrafted. He doesn’t need 32 teams to believe in him. He needs 1. Toolsy prospects ALWAYS get pushed up because of that. His ceiling his high and his floor is really low. 

FWIW, I don’t like him as a pro prospect. I’m not saying what I would do. I’m saying what I think will happen. I’m thinking between 90-150. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But you are already seeing the varying opinions. Someone has him in the 1st and someone else has him undrafted. He doesn’t need 32 teams to believe in him. He needs 1. Toolsy prospects ALWAYS get pushed up because of that. His ceiling his high and his floor is really low. 

FWIW, I don’t like him as a pro prospect. I’m not saying what I would do. I’m saying what I think will happen. I’m thinking between 90-150. 

Quite conceivable that he could be drafted in the same range as a Cardale Jones. Not sure why Brad Riter is CONVINCED he'd be better off staying in college. There's absolutely no way to know what would happen. If I'm a prospect, I'm going pro as soon as someone is willing to pay me.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone who has Jackson pegged as a first round prospect (not saying you do) should be forever ignored on anything to do with the draft in general. 

I know I'm jumping the gun but that Clemson freshman qb in a few years is going to be the first pick in the draft. For a freshman he is stunningly good. 

12 hours ago, bbb said:

Here's Brad Riter:

Brad Riter is publicly displaying his ignorance. Should he be mocked or pitied? :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Anyone who has Jackson pegged as a first round prospect (not saying you do) should be forever ignored on anything to do with the draft in general. 

I know I'm jumping the gun but that Clemson freshman qb in a few years is going to be the first pick in the draft. For a freshman he is stunningly good. 

Brad Riter is publicly displaying his ignorance. Should he be mocked or pitied? :ph34r:

Lawrence is going to be an elite prospect. He just looks like Peyton Manning back there but he can move.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Go to my Trevor Lawrence thread which I started before he walked on campus 

he could’ve gotten drafted out of HS

he was the best HS QB I have ever seen and will Be the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Go to my Trevor Lawrence thread which I started before he walked on campus 

he could’ve gotten drafted out of HS

he was the best HS QB I have ever seen and will Be the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out 

He's a gem. There is no doubt about his physical talents but what makes him special is his instincts for the game. You can't teach that inherent point guard instinct on the football field. His preternatural composure as a freshman is a trait that is going to make him the type of pro qb (assuming he stays healthy) who will some day be at the podium at a HOF ceremony. He's simply special. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He's a gem. There is no doubt about his physical talents but what makes him special is his instincts for the game. You can't teach that inherent point guard instinct on the football field. His preternatural composure as a freshman is a trait that is going to make him the type of pro qb (assuming he stays healthy) who will some day be at the podium at a HOF ceremony. He's simply special. 

Exactly. I said I would’ve drafted him as a SR out of HS because mentally he was way ahead of everybody 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.