UB’s Tyree Jackson has declared for the NFL draft

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, you can pick guys up like Barkley and Anderson every year.  We just did it this year. Dime a dozen journeyman backups are so easy to find.  I believe your qb roster should consist of your starter, the veteran non threatening backup, and developmental guys.

smart teams don’t not get a good prospect because they have a Barkley or Anderson.

What is your definition of a good prospect? He isn’t a special QB prospect . He is tall with a strong arm and good athleticism ... he isn’t Josh Allen. I have a mid 5th grade on him 

he is a developmental prospect 

I am the biggest UB homer you will ever find... and Have seen every snap of his career... but I don’t think he has a chance to ever be a NFL starter 

Anderson is in a mentor role, and he won’t outplay him or Barkley. We have already seen we can get down to #3 and next year TJ won’t outplay either 

chances are he doesn't last a decade like Anderson 

7th round I’m cool.. round 5 we can get a good RB prospect or a DB , LB with some upside 

i just don’t see him beating out any of our QBs

Edited by Buffalo716

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What is your definition of a good prospect? He isn’t a special QB prospect . He is tall with a strong arm and good athleticism ... he isn’t Josh Allen. I have a mid 5th grade on him 

I am the biggest UB homer you will ever find... and Have seen every snap of his career... but I don’t think he has a chance to ever be a NFL starter 

Anderson is in a mentor role, and he won’t outplay him or Barkley. We have already seen we can get down to #3 and next year TJ won’t outplay either 

7th round I’m cool.. round 5 we can get a good RB prospect or a DB , LB with some upside 

Same here, being a UB homer, watching every snap. I wouldn't say no chance but I doubt he has much chance to become an NFL starter. Jackson's play is boom-or-bust. When he's on he's amazing. When he's off he's a tire fire.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same here, being a UB homer, watching every snap. I went say no chance but I doubt he has much chance to become an NFL starter. Jackson's play is boom-or-bust. When he's on he's amazing. When he's off he's a tire fire.

No chance is harsh but I know you understand my point PTR 

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

he is a developmental prospect 

For some reason, you seem to not like Jackson.  I think all UB fans will appreciate him more when the program takes a step back the next couple of years. 

He isnt a day 1 starter but is a perfect developmental prospect.  He has the best arm in the draft, is huge, and mobile.  He has some really nice touches passes as well.  He has plenty to work on but he seems like a guy who could sit behind an established starter and maybe turn into something.  Or maybe he won’t.  But it’s weird that the best qb I ever remember UB having isn’t more popular on this board.  

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same here, being a UB homer, watching every snap. I wouldn't say no chance but I doubt he has much chance to become an NFL starter. Jackson's play is boom-or-bust. When he's on he's amazing. When he's off he's a tire fire.

I mean, that’s almost every below 1st round prospect.  I’ve just seen the guy make some of the best throws I’ve seen from any Buffalo qb, on any level, make.  But he has a lot of work to do.

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For some reason, you seem to not like Jackson.  I think all UB fans will appreciate him more when the program takes a step back the next couple of years. 

He isnt a day 1 starter but is a perfect developmental prospect.  He has the best arm in the draft, is huge, and mobile.  He has some really nice touches passes as well.  He has plenty to work on but he seems like a guy who could sit behind an established starter and maybe turn into something.  Or maybe he won’t.  But it’s weird that the best qb I ever remember UB having isn’t more popular on this board.  

I mean, that’s almost every below 1st round prospect.  I’ve just seen the guy make some of the best throws I’ve seen from any Buffalo qb, on any level, make.  But he has a lot of work to do.

I don’t dislike Jackson at all . He was great for the program and I appreciate everything he did ...

and UB isn’t going to take a big step back... they are loaded and actually lost some games because Jackson played bad... they should compete for the mac east again

i also have been scouting QBs for 25 plus years and have a bead on what makes a successful NFL QB... he just doesn’t cross off enough boxes

I appreciate everything TJ Did for UB... was probably the first one on his train 4+ years ago ... but I’m not going to sugar coat a prospect because I Iove his school 

TJ was outplayed by backup drew Anderson last year. Regressed as the year went on this year... has a really long release and had bad lapses of judgment...

trust me, I love TJ and wish him the best... I’m super excited he will become the first UB QB to be drafted and I wish him well...

i just dont see a long career... he needed another year at school 

another year of school would have helped, sometimes they are just determined to leave

and sometimes they “have to go”.

Ernest Shazor was the biggest loss of a senior year and flop in the pros for my years of taking it all seriously.

The sound of Shazor and Marlin Jackson cracking helmets at Ann Arbor stills rings out years later.

I’m guessing New England will take him, and earlier than anyone thinks.  They need to start grooming Brady’s eventual replacement now, and TJ is the perfect project QB.  He looked solid in the Senior Bowl, and has the one asset that cannot be taught - 6 feet 7 inches tall.

He’d probably develop faster under a ‘QB Whisperer’ like Kliff Kingsbury, but Arizona already has their project QB in Josh Rosen.

OTOH, NE can afford to take the time to develop Jackson, and who could be a better mentor than Brady?

I wish Tyree all the best, and hope things turn out well for him.

Edited by The Senator

I think some folks are down on Tyree because the team couldn't get it done in 3 of the final 4 games.  Those were some big games.  He was a great QB for the Bulls but there are definitely some question marks regarding the next level.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Tyree looks better in an NFL camp than he is being projected to look.  For me, it's his accuracy.  If he can tweak that in a positive way, he has a decent shot to actually get on the field in real games.  

Tyree just doesn't pass the "eye test" for me; slow to process, elongated delivery, questionable accuracy, and I'm not sure about his leadership qualities.  I'm going to be worried if I start hearing Jordan Palmer rave about him.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:24 AM, bbb said:

Here's Brad Riter:

On 1/7/2019 at 1:44 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Well he’s smoking the good stuff.

No scout in their right mind has a Day1 grade on this kid. I’m the biggest UB supporter you’ll find but I’m not gonna lie and say he’s a future star

He has tons of issues , I wouldn’t take him in the top 100

Brad had Tyree going in the first round right up until the first round was over.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.