Oregon to vote on legal shrooms

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I used to do hydrographic survey along the Upper Mississippi River... My Crew Chief was an old, old timer... Was a mushroom hunter... LoL.  He'd actually find them when we were building baseline.  One time he hits the jackpot and finds a giant puff ball.  Wraps it up it damp towels and puts it on the floor of the truck cab.  I ask him what's he doing with it.  He's gonna take it home and cook it up. I say: "Ain't that dangerous?"  He starts telling me a story how his whole family got sick once, but this puff ball was grade A!  LMAO /smh...

Shroom on!

closeup-cluster.jpg

those damn things pop up in my ward every year.   

If you let them grow to long and step on them they let put a puff of powder.  

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Oregon is a strange place.  It's seismically active, volcanic, weather W of the Cascades is usually overcast & rainy.  E of the Cascades is mostly dry  high desert.   it resembles a moonscape.  Given all that, not surprised what they would vote for.  

Factor in:

1. May not pump your own fuel.

2. All the Hippies flopped there (Vermont on the East Coast) during the 1970s to raise families.

You have quite a sustainable situation.  LoL... What the heck, toss some shrooms in for good measure.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

35 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Factor in:

1. May not pump your own fuel.

2. All the Hippies flopped there (Vermont on the East Coast) during the 1970s to raise families.

You have quite a sustainable situation.  LoL... What the heck, toss some shrooms in for good measure.

Also factor in; Oregon has no state sales tax on purchases.  So all the people from Washington State which has NO state income tax BUT has numerous other ways to recover that, drive to Oregon to buy their big screen TV's, computers, etc.   Makes for big traffic volumes on I-5, which is still a "freeway," and has no tolls.

52 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oregon:  The only thing left making California look sane.

If making millions of dollars off of legalized weed and decriminalizing a harmless and therapeutically beneficial substance like psilocybin is insane, then put me in the loony bin with my state.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder what the legalese disclaimers would be for retail mushrooms. "Caution: Objects may not be there at all" or "Warning: Playing the game 'Operation' while using this product may result in hours of laughter and no winner".

Edited by ocemur
punctuation saves lives
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ocemur said:

I wonder what the legalese disclaimers would be for retail mushrooms. "Caution: Objects may not be there at all" or "Warning: Playing the game 'Operation' while using this product may result in hours of laughter and no winner'.

Warning: May lead to the overwhelming realization that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all once consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

whats your favorite album to trip to?  An American Prayer by the Doors on vinyl is one of my favorites. It needs to be vinyl though, with all Jim's artwork on inner sleeve

My college roommates and I must have tripped out and watched Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii at least a dozen times.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

whats your favorite album to trip to?  An American Prayer by the Doors on vinyl is one of my favorites. It needs to be vinyl though, with all Jim's artwork on inner sleeve

Live/Dead by the Grateful Dead. Dark Star for the win.

Dark Side of the Moon if you're feeling brave.

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My college roommates and I must have tripped out and watched Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii at least a dozen times.

for a second viewing it would have taken those measures

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Live/Dead by the Grateful Dead. Dark Star for the win.

Dark Side of the Moon if you're feeling brave.

that's a good pick for Dark Star

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

we used to go to the pink floyd laser light show in boston.  they had the best set up.