Chargers vs Ravens: Who will beat the Patriots?

20 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

People say this, and then forget that the NFL is a constantly evolving game. Who is to say that the next evolution is not going to be strong defensive play and a run heavy game? Wouldn’t that “gimmick” fit perfectly into that style of play? Also, Lamar has thrown the ball about 25 times a game. Including a beauty of a throw for a long TD to lead a comeback just a few weeks back. 

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think Lamar has staying power if he puts in the work.  I think his potential as a passer is higher than Vic or McNabb.  I dont think it is as high as Allens or Rodgers or Moon but he has the potential to become a very good mobile passer.  He remonds me of Cunningham I think the Ravens are hoping he puts it all together faster than he did though.

Jackson is a bad imitation of Deshaun Watson, a mobile QB and far better passer on a team with a solid Defense.  Yet when his team was punched in the mouth by Luck (and Mack) in the 1st Q,  Watson was already down for the count.  He came up tiny late in the game with horrible tosses.   I don't see Balt getting past SD.

Rivers is 1-7 against NE.  He won a game 10 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Neither. Whomever wins will have to play the Patricheats in Foxborough. Spygate is very active there this time of year. Ravens have a gimmicky rook, the disgruntled lighthouse keeper and ernie adams have had a long time to watch film on him so he is toast. Bolts are west coast team traveling in, so they are done. Both teams will have to deal with all the cheating and parlor room shenanigans that go on up there, neither are capable of adapting imho.

Oh, and i would be remiss if i failed to mention the patricheat's 12th man, the zebras? Enough said.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

More likely it'll be the Chiefs.

Agreed.  I would guess that the Pats D, while not great, will take advantage of Lamar Jackson's penchant to be sloppy with the football as well as his being a rookie.

The Chargers (especially Phillip Rivers) choked in a big game and lost to the Ravens two weeks ago in LA.  I don't think they'll beat the Ravens in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Chargers. A rookie QB against NE is a recipe for disaster. Plus, LAC have been good on the road this year.

This. Chargers have won a lot of big road games this year. 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

May need to wait a couple of weeks to see the Pats taken down and I'm thinking it will be the Colts.

I think they get past KC next week.

Would love to see the Colts take down the Pats. That would be a reversing of the script. But the week leading up to the game and the Pats getting another home AFC Championship Game would suck.

There is not one scenario in which I can see Baltimore beating New England.  They could play 100 times and the Pats would win all 100 games.

Belichick-coached teams have never lost to a team with a starting QB under the age of 25.  He's 24-0 when that happens.

Gotta pull for the Chargers and I believe the Chargers are better than both the Ravens AND the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Chargers, although Baltimore seems to usually play the pats tough having a rookie qb go against belichick is a disaster waiting to happen. 

This is the truth. Bellicheck* could build a boat out of the hides he's collected of rookie QBs in his stadium.

Both are capable, Chargers probably present more matchup problems. Contrary to popular belief, the Pats* don’t always get to the SB. The best chance for them to lose is on the road, where they’ve lost 3 title tilts. They also lost at home vs Ravens in an AFCC and divisional game. Lamar is a different kind of rookie QB that presents problems. This is the weakest version of the Pats* in 10years and I think that matters. Brady’s not going to play until he’s 50. 

Either has a reasonable chance;  the Ravens have done so before and will believe they can win.  Only problem there is BB will likely figure out how to contain Jackson and if that happens Baltimore has no offense.

I know for sure Houston had no chance so very glad NE* won't get a bye next week.

I guess face masks are A OK to do in the playoffs.

who knew.

how did they not catch that on third down?

How did Romo not catch it on the replay?

what the hell is going on that it is as plain as the helmet almost twisted off the RB’s head that no one caught that?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

More likely it'll be the Chiefs.

I hope you're correct but the Chiefs haven't looked great since they released Hunt.

As for today's game I'd say both have a poor chance of beating the Pats* at home. The chargers have good offense and a better defense so I'll root for the Bolts.