Are Sam Cowart & Tremaine Edmunds very similar ?

PUNT750

Just now, PUNT750 said:

Both have the speed and quickness.  Sam had a little more strength but Edmunds seems to be better in coverage.

Edmunds is considerably more athletic.   He's built like a pass rusher.

Cowart was a top athlete for MLB at the time but he was more instinctive and violent, IMO.

Too bad.........the achilles injury Cowart got wouldn't have ended the career of such a young player nowadays.    

Hell........KW was getting his achilles surgically detached, tidied-up and re-attached for routine maintenance every offseason a few years back.

• Like (+1) 10

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, Cowart was just coming into his own when that injury happened. Definitely a different time with the injury, he was going to be an enforcer for many years. I don’t think he was all that similar to Edmunds though. 

IMO it was Ray Lewis and then Sam Cowart right behind him as the best two MLB's in the league before Cowart's injury. 

1 minute ago, CDogg20 said:

Thats an excellent comparison. I have never thought about it until now but the two are very similar. 

Collins was my favorite LB to watch when he was in NE. He did so many things for that defense, it was unbelievable...weird seeing LBs built like that dominate games, but the guy was just a unicorn. Edmunds has similar athleticism and range, I think Collins had the edge on body control (ultra freaky athletic) but imo Edmunds is a little stronger. 

They (Pats) had Spikes, Hightower, Mayo and Collins circa 2014 I think and that was one of the most dominant LB units I can recall in recent memory.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cowart was a top athlete for MLB at the time but he was more instinctive and violent, IMO.

Too bad.........the achilles injury Cowart got wouldn't have ended the career of such a young player nowadays.    

Hell........KW was getting his achilles surgically detached, tidied-up and re-attached for routine maintenance every offseason a few years back.

KW was doing what? 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We got robbed of watching an amazing MLB

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Completely true and he walked in the door 100% ready to go.