Build a dominant O-Line!

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Answering your own question.

Not responding to the question I asked.

Enough said.

I just find it amusing when someone feels the need to ridicule someone over something trivial like you have done. Does it make you feel better? We're you bullied in school? Daddy issues? Want to grab a latte and chat? ?

23 minutes ago, wppete said:

Get 2 solid O-Linmen in Free Agency and 2 in the draft. We need to build this. 

Thanks for the post Wppete.  You can't rebuild a line in one year thru the draft or FA only.

They will need a mix.  Don't leave out some sort of trade either.

Edited by ColoradoBills

28 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

I just find it amusing when someone feels the need to ridicule someone over something trivial like you have done. Does it make you feel better? We're you bullied in school? Daddy issues? Want to grab a latte and chat? ?

Trivial? Better? Bullied? Daddy? Latte? Chat? 

Have a nice day! 

Amen! And don't be afraid to spend some top of the draft capital to do it! Per Eric Wood on Twitter:    

Not surprised by how well this Colts O Line has played this year. With 3 1st rounders, an early 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder (not their pick) they have invested heavily into it and it has paid off!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Ah, the ole McClapper reference. Still don't get the issue with McDermott clapping. Why is it such a big deal?

Did he say it was a big deal?

Gruden got nicknamed "Chuckie" because he was constantly making contorted facial expressions whether the situation seemed to call for that level of emotional response or not............McD clapped incessantly/nervously in 2017 whether the play was good, bad or indifferent.   Hence McClappy or whatever. 

It was his MO.   Like Marrone with the use of the term "obviously".   Just a lack of self awareness wrt a nervous habit.    An awareness of your reactions/responses as a leader helps keep the message fresh and more constructive.    He seemed to do less of it this year.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Did he say it was a big deal?

Gruden got nicknamed "Chuckie" because he was constantly making contorted facial expressions whether the situation seemed to call for that level of emotional response or not............McD clapped incessantly/nervously in 2017 whether the play was good, bad or indifferent.   Hence McClappy or whatever. 

It was his MO.   Like Marrone with the use of the term "obviously".   Just a lack of self awareness wrt a nervous habit.    An awareness of your reactions/responses as a leader helps keep the message fresh and more constructive.    He seemed to do less of it this year.   

I don’t see it that way at all. It’s not a nervous habit, IMO, as much as it is an attempt to keep things positive, encouraging and upbeat. Even in the face of some ugly stuff. That can be a good thing. I have no problem with it whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills absolutely gotta' get better on the OL.

But I'm not sure they need to throw first round picks at the problem.

The Colts HAD to do whatever it took.........Andrew Luck was seriously busted up and needs to live in the pocket and not get hit.

Next year.........the opposing defense's GOAL will probably be to contain Josh Allen in the pocket more than to sack him..........they will want him to have to beat them from the pocket........the tape they review is going to show certain throws he couldn't make accurately and they will try to force those more than try to beat him into submission........it's a significantly different situation.   

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t see it that way at all. It’s not a nervous habit, IMO, as much as it is an attempt to keep things positive, encouraging and upbeat. Even in the face of some ugly stuff. That can be a good thing. I have no problem with it whatsoever. 

The mindless clapping is a bad look when you subsequently struggle with clock management and other quick-trigger in game issues............like being 0-forever career on challenges.

Like I said McD did a lot less of it this year............I give him credit for being a self-scouter and open to fixing issues.

And yes I do think overuse of terms or technique when conveying the message turns people off to it.  

I'm sure some of you have sat in biz meetings(high level, of course) with managers repeatedly using hackneyed catch phrases and it's like:rolleyes:........you want to avoid being that guy as a leader.     Keeping it fresh and on-point is critical to keeping attention.

Building an OL is not something that's going to happen in one off-season.  The surface level view is that Buffalo use high picks and UFA and voila! we're good.

The reality is, a good OL group takes time to mesh and it's why OL play has suffered over the years.  Signing a Matt Paradis would be nice on paper but he's got to fit with what they're doing and how they're doing it.

The other issue is, from an economics standpoint, there's going to be a lot of demand for better OL and not much supply this off-season.  Lotta teams with plenty of cap room.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The mindless clapping is a bad look when you subsequently struggle with clock management and other quick-trigger in game issues............like being 0-forever career on challenges.

Like I said McD did a lot less of it this year............I give him credit for being a self-scouter and open to fixing issues.

And yes I do think overuse of terms or technique when conveying the message turns people off to it.  

I'm sure some of you have sat in biz meetings(high level, of course) with managers repeatedly using hackneyed catch phrases and it's like:rolleyes:........you want to avoid being that guy as a leader.     Keeping it fresh and on-point is critical to keeping attention.

If people have a problem with clock management, I suggest they complain about specific aspects they have a problem with. The McClappy thing is tired and lazy. I’ve never heard him say anything that sounded trite. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Building an OL is not something that's going to happen in one off-season.  The surface level view is that Buffalo use high picks and UFA and voila! we're good.

The reality is, a good OL group takes time to mesh and it's why OL play has suffered over the years.  Signing a Matt Paradis would be nice on paper but he's got to fit with what they're doing and how they're doing it.

The other issue is, from an economics standpoint, there's going to be a lot of demand for better OL and not much supply this off-season.  Lotta teams with plenty of cap room.    

Totally agree, very tough to go out and get 3 starting caliber o lineman in one year. Might be able to get 1 premier guy in FA, then maybe get another serviceable starter. Then hopefully a starter in the draft but not likely at 9 with a few teams ahead of us also needing lineman.