Build a dominant O-Line!

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah you’re probably right but you never know.  Good players get to free agency sometimes 

If we're talking Glowinski, it should be known Colts have the most cap space this offseason. $123 million and 40 players under contract.

Bills $88 million, 43 under contract

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

it looks like FA may, may bring in one improvement in FA. A lot of demand, a lot of free cap space, and only a few difference makers or improvements.

Otherwise its the draft, and OL is not deep. Will have to 'overdraft' OL.

Given the situation, I'm ok 'over drafting' a RT/ LG/ C

Use the FA money to build a line of experienced professionals and keep josh safe. Not a bunch of rookies that are learning the pro game. Get just a pack of veteran maulers that have been coached up at the pro level and can come in and fix the run game on day 1. Use the draft for the skill positions. Fa WR/RB class is weak and the college Olineman are not developed. Fix the Oline in March and add the pass catchers and rbs in April.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I have been posting this for 20 years. As much as we need blocking, don't count on it. A first round corner would absolutely not shock me. In fact if my life depended on making the right guess, I would expect  to say hello to the corner from LSU at #9.

McClapper passed on Mahomes  and Watson to draft a corner. Why wouldn't he pass on a blocker?

Ah, the ole McClapper reference. Still don't get the issue with McDermott clapping. Why is it such a big deal?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

If we're talking Glowinski, it should be known Colts have the most cap space this offseason. $123 million and 40 players under contract.

Bills $88 million, 43 under contract

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

it looks like FA may, may bring in one improvement in FA. A lot of demand, a lot of free cap space, and only a few difference makers or improvements.

Otherwise its the draft, and OL is not deep. Will have to 'overdraft' OL.

Given the situation, I'm ok 'over drafting' a RT/ LG/ C

I agree there are some teams with a lot of cap but not to the over drafting situation. OL is so different from other positions, starting OL is found in almost every round. If you look at just the sought after Centers becoming FAs they are UDFAs to 1st rounders. Gotta go BPA IMO. Hopefully it’s offense and potentially OL if it’s right. 

Either way way it sounds like we are on the same page. Let’s get this OL dominant and let Allen just toss bombs. 

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Use the FA money to build a line of experienced professionals and keep josh safe. Not a bunch of rookies that are learning the pro game. Get just a pack of veteran maulers that have been coached up at the pro level and can come in and fix the run game on day 1. Use the draft for the skill positions. Fa WR/RB class is weak and the college Olineman are not developed. Fix the Oline in March and add the pass catchers and rbs in April.

2 of the Colts OL are rookies...

I don’t care where the Bills get them from, just get them from somewhere...

• Like (+1) 2

I think everyone here agrees we need a dominant O-line or would like one. However the Colts drafted Quentin Nelson who has shined. We'd love to find a player like him in this draft but from what I've read/heard/seen, there isnt a player like him available in this draft. Not one who is looked upon as a sure fire dominant all pro type.

Jonah Williams has been talked about. Dude is tall but lacks weight.

Greg Little or Jawaan Taylor are the only others. One of them at least will surely be gone by the time the Bills select & both have concerns regarding them playing too high & getting pushed around too much.

Point is is that its not easy but yeah it'd be nice :P

• Like (+1) 1

It nice to rave about the O-line, but Luck is the highest ranking prospect since Elway. It's the quarterback first and foremost.

And they haven't really proven much yet, I mean it's Wild Card Weekend, let's see how far they advance before proclaiming  "O-lines win championships!"

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

It nice to rave about the O-line, but Luck is the highest ranking prospect since Elway. It's the quarterback first and foremost.

And they haven't really proven much yet, I mean it's Wild Card Weekend, let's see how far they advance before proclaiming  "O-lines win championships!"

Look how Allen was with the garbage in front of him. Our running game? This should be the focus. Give Allen some time and watch our vertical game explode!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Their RG is a free agent after this season.. Glowinski.  Just sayin 

He didn't look much of a player until this year when they plugged pieces in around him. Is that because he was being asked to cover up too much before? Maybe. Or is it because now he is being covered up by better players around him? Also possible. 

I am not paying big FA money to find out. There are better options out there. I think he is the most replaceable piece on that line. 

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You need to find the right guys. Glowinski was signed off the scrap heap for peanuts and he's a former 4th rounder. 

Yep. His career history before this season is being on atrocious lines both in Indy and Seattle. 

8 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Look how Allen was with the garbage in front of him. Our running game? This should be the focus. Give Allen some time and watch our vertical game explode!

I want them to have a great O-line too, I'm just noting that it's easy to get caught up in over glorifying a unit right after a playoff game.

I'm not convinced that the O-line is the most important factor in professional football. Obviously, it's important to have a good line, but let's not get ridiculous.