Build a dominant O-Line!

Watching the Colts game right now once again they put the graphic up of the offensive ranking from last year of the Colts and then with the addition of their first round pick and additional upgrades, Luck's O-Line is night and day and they are dominant!  This has to be the focus of the draft and free agency. 

• Like (+1) 30
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Watching the Colts game right now once again they put the graphic up of the offensive ranking from last year of the Colts and then with the addition of their first round pick and additional upgrades, Luck's O-Line is night and day and they are dominant!  This has to be the focus of the draft and free agency. 

I saw that. Obviously changing from Brissett to Luck matters too along with Reich but I agree, let’s get better up front!

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Quentin Nelson is a beast.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Granted that we had other fish to fry the last draft (QB) but a lot of people here were down on taking Nelson regardless if we needed a QB.  Nelson was the most NFL ready prospect coming out and the last half of the season he showed why.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I saw that. Obviously changing from Brissett to Luck matters too along with Reich but I agree, let’s get better up front!

Brissett also didn't have LG Nelson (R) or RT Braden Smith (R).

I also think C Kelly missed almost half the season. Watch Kelly and see how many times he calls out presnap blocking adjustments.

Funny Buffalo could use a C, RT and LG.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I also think C Kelly missed almost half the season. Watch Kelly and see how many times he calls out presnap blocking adjustments.

No reason we can't aquire all three in the off season whether via the draft or free agency. You want Allen to prosper? Give him the protection all QB's need! Mr GM, build us that wall! ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Don’t disagree but bringing back an all pro QB and and offensive minded coach doesn’t hurt is all I’m saying. 

I defintiely agree we need atleast 3 OL

• Like (+1) 2

I have been posting this for 20 years. As much as we need blocking, don't count on it. A first round corner would absolutely not shock me. In fact if my life depended on making the right guess, I would expect  to say hello to the corner from LSU at #9.

McClapper passed on Mahomes  and Watson to draft a corner. Why wouldn't he pass on a blocker?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, hemma said:

I think it will be a good year to be a decent UFA OLineman, because there are a lot of teams with mediocre lines.

Even the guys we let walk will get picked up somewhere.  Some biggish contracts coming.

Yeah, a lot of mock draft team needs are OL.

Add to that multiple teams have cash to spend, and the OL is not deep in the draft this year.

If Buffalo really wants to address the OL, they may have to overpay a FA or draft unpopular positions early.

The Colts took a LG and RT in rounds 1 and 2 to invest in their franchise QB (and a terrific LB they didn't reach for)

They also took a TE (Ebron) and WR (Inman) off the scrap heap to add some offensive firepower.

I like the plan, and it fits this years scenario for Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Don’t disagree but bringing back an all pro QB and and offensive minded coach doesn’t hurt is all I’m saying. 

I defintiely agree we need atleast 3 OL

We agree. My first post on TBD was a LAMP post to try to get Luck, when he was throwing 10-15 yd throws ?

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I have been posting this for 20 years. As much as we need blocking, don't count on it. A first round corner would absolutely not shock me. In fact if my life depended on making the right guess, I would expect  to say hello to the corner from LSU at #9.

McClapper passed on Mahomes  and Watson to draft a corner. Why wouldn't he pass on a blocker?

Maybe he wanted to evaluate what he had at QB in his first year.

Maybe he didn't want to pick a QB before the GM was onboard?

Braden Smith is a rookie along with Quentin Nelson.  Ryan Kelly is a third year player, and Glowinski is a fourth year player claimed off waivers a year ago.  With good coaching and a smart GM, it doesn't take years to build a dominat O-line.

• Like (+1) 3