Robert Foster makes PFF All-Rookie Team

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know this is a typo but just wondering who you think is the next AJ Green? I don’t know all the WRs

AJ Brown - thanks for knowing its a typo.

Too many AJ, Antonio, Browns and Greens!

AJ Brown - Ole Miss - I think he is the best WR in the draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2258303/aj-brown

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

AJ Brown - thanks for knowing its a typo.

Too many AJ, Antonio, Browns and Greens!

AJ Brown - Ole Miss - I think he is the best WR in the draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2258303/aj-brown

Oh right.... I should have known that. I really need to get informed on the WRs this year, I watch mostly big 10

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh right.... I should have known that. I really need to get informed on the WRs this year, I watch mostly big 10

Hard to keep up with everyone.

I like AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, David Sills, Parris Cambell and Anthony Johnson at WR for what this team needs.

But I am ok going RT/G/C/DT/Edge in 1 and 2 and going for Anthony Johnson/ Cambell/ Sills in the third if available.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They also put him on waivers and lucked out a bit that he wasn’t claimed...

Finding late or post-draft steals is also A LOT easier when you have a lot of jobs up for grabs.

The Bills came to camp with just 2 WR guaranteed to make the roster(Zay and KB).............that's a ton of opportunity for a guy like Foster who really had no takers and if not for the Daboll connection might have been looking for work in the CFL.

And as Eddie Yarbrough can attest.........all bets on whether you make it from there on out are off.    He got CUT from his CFL team the year before Buffalo took a chance on him and he played well in reserve for Buffalo.

But back to the original point........as your roster gets better those steals get harder to find.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Hard to keep up with everyone.

I like AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, David Sills, Parris Cambell and Anthony Johnson at WR for what this team needs.

But I am ok going RT/G/C/DT/Edge in 1 and 2 and going for Anthony Johnson/ Cambell/ Sills in the third if available.

Well I know Campbell very well... he’s more of a hybrid/Tyreek Hill/Kamara. They play him at Hback. He’s super fast but hands aren’t elite. He’s a McD type, DNA/Football character wise. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well I know Campbell very well... he’s more of a hybrid/Tyreek Hill/Kamara. They play him at Hback. He’s super fast but hands aren’t elite. He’s a McD type, DNA/Football character wise. 

Like Eric Metcalf?

He was special.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

UDFA typically choose the best spot to make the team. Foster's agent probably deserves the credit for finding the right team for his client. 

Think Daboll deserves a lot of credit for Foster. Since he was his oc at Bama.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But Ive read on TSW that he wont even be on this team next year.

8 hours ago, VW82 said:

I wonder how much the success of Foster (and to a lesser degree Mckenzie) will impact how the Bills view the types of receivers they target moving forward.

Allen's accuracy issues are well documented, and so finding guys that can really get open becomes that much more important. The one thing that Zay, Clay, Holmes, and KB all had in common is none of them were very good at gaining separation. You probably give up some blocking, execution on wr screens, etc., going after guys like that but until Allen can learn to become more precise on his throws (i.e. leading receivers away from defenders more consistently) there are going to be issues completing balls in tight coverage.   

Actually Allen has pin point accuracy it is just that he misfires sometimes. That started to disapate as the season went on and will likely further deminish in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I hope you're right..but he better have a very solid summer...because new talent is coming in. It's all about being consistant,especially in the dog days of August.

Not sure how much WR talent will be brought in.

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pretty crazy that (down the stretch) we had the best graded out rookie WR and best graded rookie CB and drafted neither 

It's like the Bills had four 1st round picks.

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Congrats, and well deserved. He and Dupree were my favorite WRs entering this year.

Passer rating when targeted - 127.2 on 20 yds per catch avg.....

Question for TBD.

Did Allen make a collection of Zay, Foster and McKenzie better, or did they help make Josh look better?

Hoping for AJ Brown in the draft. Next AJ Green IMO.

(full disclosure I do not like Metcalf at all. Reach and bust written all over him)

Id rather go OT/G/C/DL/Edge in 1+2 then get Anthony Johnson in the third than take Metcalf in the first.

I think you are going to be disappointed as Metcalf has the size I believe they will be looking for.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand why Foster went undrafted, why did Levi Wallace go undrafted?

Very similar situation. He got fewer reps because the secondary was just so stacked. I don't remember his combine numbers either.

I did read an article in which Calvin Ridley praised him. As I recall he was a walk on, or at least he was not highly recruited. VERY few players make the Alabama team under these conditions. He worked his way up.

Btw Saban of course has a defensive backs assistant but is heavily involved in coaching the defensive backs. Some say that he is coaching the players AND the assistant coach. He has jokingly said several times that if the jobs paid the same he would still be a defensive backs assistant, which was his start in coaching.

• Like (+1) 3