Robert Foster makes PFF All-Rookie Team

YoloinOhio

I'll have my crow well done please.  I was wrong on Foster, big time.  When I saw his lack of effort in the preseason, not laying out for catches, not fighting for 50/50 balls, I thought he was the second coming of Da'Rick.  I didn't think he was going to make it.  Hats off to the Foster defenders, you were right to stand up to the withering fire from the rest of us.  Mea culpa.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, VW82 said:

I wonder how much the success of Foster (and to a lesser degree Mckenzie) will impact how the Bills view the types of receivers they target moving forward.

Allen's accuracy issues are well documented, and so finding guys that can really get open becomes that much more important. The one thing that Zay, Clay, Holmes, and KB all had in common is none of them were very good at gaining separation. You probably give up some blocking, execution on wr screens, etc., going after guys like that but until Allen can learn to become more precise on his throws (i.e. leading receivers away from defenders more consistently) there are going to be issues completing balls in tight coverage.   

How about a big receiver with a large catch radius that does actually catch the ball when competing with DBs, unlike KB?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll have my crow well done please.  I was wrong on Foster, big time.  When I saw his lack of effort in the preseason, not laying out for catches, not fighting for 50/50 balls, I thought he was the second coming of Da'Rick.  I didn't think he was going to make it.  Hats off to the Foster defenders, you were right to stand up to the withering fire from the rest of us.  Mea culpa.

Respectfully - I don't think the issue was a lack of effort, but possibly a lack of focus.  Even more so, though, he seemed to learn how to track the ball during the season - something I would not have thought possible.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Eh... That doesn't really make sense buddy.

Sorry I should have explained further.  The post I responded to said he needs WRs that get very open.  While his passes are either on the money or off to the point that nobody is gonna catch them.  When I say misfire I mean way off.  Sorry for not stating such.

Also accuracy and consistancy are two different things.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

20 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

How about a big receiver with a large catch radius that does actually catch the ball when competing with DBs, unlike KB?

From what I took from a Daboll statement on the different ways a WR is open that is exactly the type of WR we are going after in the off season.  Its a bit of speculation on my part  but it is the third type that he mentioned and the only one We are lacking.  KB was supposed to fill that role.

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Nope not our guy

Hope not. Unless they are able to land one with WR1 profile  in FA, they need to take a pure WR. Campbell would a luxury pick for this team which they aren’t in the position to make. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope not. Unless they are able to land one with WR1 profile  in FA, they need to take a pure WR. Campbell would a luxury pick for this team which they aren’t in the position to make. 

As I said any several post I believe they are going to target a big WR.  I havnt watch much film on him yet as I have been living at work but Size wise Metcalf fits the bill in the draft.

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunate I don’t think there is anyone in FA to meet that mold. IMO. Bunch of people mentioning Tyrell Williams. Just don’t see hit m being a number 1 threat. Good compliment player. Gotta draft that guy

Heard on One Bills Live that Robert Foster was gonna stay in buffalo for the off season. Say a lot IMO. Hopefully this guy continues to improve - 5 star recruit coming out of HS

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Unfortunate I don’t think there is anyone in FA to meet that mold. IMO. Bunch of people mentioning Tyrell Williams. Just don’t see hit m being a number 1 threat. Good compliment player. Gotta draft that guy

Heard on One Bills Live that Robert Foster was gonna stay in buffalo for the off season. Say a lot IMO. Hopefully this guy continues to improve - 5 star recruit coming out of HS

Yeah they're going to have to draft a #1 and hope he turns out to be one.

As for Foster, great if true.  Hopefully Josh sticks around as well.

11 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think you are going to be disappointed as Metcalf has the size I believe they will be looking for.

Sometimes the best ability is availability

DK Metcalf has  two years of mediocre stats. Never broke 700 yards receiving. Now he had a season ending neck injury. And ppl on TBD want him in the first at #9? Stupid is as stupid does. He is a reach in the second, never mind the first.

I'd take his team mate AJ Brown in a heartbeat, I think AJ Brown is the next Julio Jones/ AJ Green/ D Hopkins style complete WR.

DK Metcalf - 6'4" 230

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2018 26 569 21.9 75 5 0 0 0.0 0 0
2017 39 646 16.6 71 7 0 0 0.0 0 0
2016 2 13 6.5 10 2 0 0 0.0 0 0

AJ Brown - 6'1" 230

2018 85 1320 15.5 84 6 0 0 0.0 0 0
2017 75 1252 16.7 77 11 0 0 0.0 0 0
2016 29 412 14.2 37 2 0 0 0.0 0

DK should have stayed in college one more year IMO, and be the clear #1 once AJ moved on.

I would love AJ Brown at #9. Great football intelligence . Silky running style, great hands, huge YAC, comfortable with deep passes. Andre Reed with better speed.

Imagine AJ Brown as #1, Foster #2, and Zay in the slot where he belongs at #3.

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see it if they go wr 1st or 2nd than Campbell in the 3rd.  Depending how he test he may move into the first or second.  But I agree he is a taller, faster, less twitchy Percy Harvin.  Buffalo needs a pure Wr, but Buffalo also needs explosive players on offense.  Campbell running those jet motions causes more attention then Mckenzie.

51 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

DK Metcalf has  two years of mediocre stats. Never broke 700 yards receiving. Now he had a season ending neck injury. And ppl on TBD want him in the first at #9? Stupid is as stupid does. He is a reach in the second, never mind the first.

I'd take his team mate AJ Brown in a heartbeat, I think AJ Brown is the next Julio Jones/ AJ Green/ D Hopkins style complete WR.

DK Metcalf - 6'4" 230

AJ Brown - 6'1" 230

DK should have stayed in college one more year IMO, and be the clear #1 once AJ moved on.

I would love AJ Brown at #9. Great football intelligence . Silky running style, great hands, huge YAC, comfortable with deep passes. Andre Reed with better speed.

When I watch them, Metcalf consistently has seperation and Brown is making contested catches.  That is a skill that Brown possesses but he will struggle in the NFL with his lack of separation imo.  It may be a lazy comparison but I see him having alot of issues that plagues Treadwells career to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

DK Metcalf - 6'4" 230

AJ Brown - 6'1" 230

When did I say he would be the #9 overall pick.  Dont put words in my mouth.

Hes a little short to be the first 2

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Respectfully - I don't think the issue was a lack of effort, but possibly a lack of focus.  Even more so, though, he seemed to learn how to track the ball during the season - something I would not have thought possible.

Maybe.  Would have liked to see him try to extend for those.  Water under the bridge, he balls like a mofo now.

• 1 month later...