Robert Foster makes PFF All-Rookie Team

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, VW82 said:

I wonder how much the success of Foster (and to a lesser degree Mckenzie) will impact how the Bills view the types of receivers they target moving forward.

Allen's accuracy issues are well documented, and so finding guys that can really get open becomes that much more important. The one thing that Zay, Clay, Holmes, and KB all had in common is none of them were very good at gaining separation. You probably give up some blocking, execution on wr screens, etc., going after guys like that but until Allen can learn to become more precise on his throws (i.e. leading receivers away from defenders more consistently) there are going to be issues completing balls in tight coverage.   

They are the same type of WRs NE uses so that is the type we went after.  Now I believe we will get a catch radius type guy.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I think this fo has seen the error of their ways st WR. Say good bye to the slow lanky lazy benjamin west coast type WRs. Were going all speed with a red zone target or two.

I was a foster supporter when he was a foot stool around here it was great to watch the 2nd half of the season unfold.

• Like (+1) 1

It is pretty amazing to get two rookie starters out of UDFagency.  I'll bet there aren't any other UDFAs on that all rookie team, except for maybe special team guys.

Edited by TigerJ

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Just serves as a reminder to many, including myself, that the front office has a process and evaluate things we don’t see.  We’ve swung and missed, held on too long sometimes, but this time it worked out tremendously 

They also put him on waivers and lucked out a bit that he wasn’t claimed...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They also put him on waivers and lucked out a bit that he wasn’t claimed...

Foster said the Bills were the only team to show interest in him after the draft, and he didn’t do anything prior to him being cut to make anyone sign him to their 53, so it was a calculated risk

In all my years of watching football, I have never seen a kid turn his career around like Foster did. Thats an amazing story and inspiration for next years rookies who may get sent to the practice squad. I think it also shows just how much offensive success requires receivers and qb being “on the same page mentally” and that takes time and practice.  I hope he and Allen have much success in the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They only picked 2 CBs. Should have picked 3 - 2 outside and one slot. Wallace ended the season as their top rated rookie CB, but it’s probably a full season thing and he didn’t play as much as the others.

But didn't they grade Wallace the highest rated CB among rookies? Guess they aren't consistent.

Congrats, and well deserved. He and Dupree were my favorite WRs entering this year.

Passer rating when targeted - 127.2 on 20 yds per catch avg.....

Question for TBD.

Did Allen make a collection of Zay, Foster and McKenzie better, or did they help make Josh look better?

Hoping for AJ Brown in the draft. Next AJ Green IMO.

(full disclosure I do not like Metcalf at all. Reach and bust written all over him)

Id rather go OT/G/C/DL/Edge in 1+2 then get Anthony Johnson in the third than take Metcalf in the first.

Edited by RocCityRoller

46 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Congrats, and well deserved. He and Dupree were my favorite WRs entering this year.

Passer rating when targeted - 127.2 on 20 yds per catch avg.....

Question for TBD.

Did Allen make a collection of Zay, Foster and McKenzie better, or did they help make Josh look better?

Hoping for Antonio Brown in the draft. Next AJ Green IMO.

(full disclosure I do not like Metcalf at all. Reach and bust written all over him)

Id rather go OT/G/C/DL/Edge in 1+2 then get Anthony Johnson in the third than take Metcalf in the first.

I know this is a typo but just wondering who you think is the next AJ Green? I don’t know all the WRs