Robert Foster makes PFF All-Rookie Team

YoloinOhio

FLEX OFFENSE

Robert FosterBuffalo Bills

Prior to Week 10, Foster had caught just two passes, been released, signed to the practice squad in Buffalo and had been held without a catch in five of his career six games. However, his perseverance paid off as he more than earned his spot on the team for his efforts over the final seven games – a stretch that saw him grade out as the best rookie receiver in football from Week 10 to Week 17.

Foster-1024x576.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

Kudos to Beane , Daboll et al and of course Foster. I ,along with many other fans was highly skeptical of this guy. One of the bigger turnarounds of a Bills player that I can recall. Excited for the future potential of Allen to Foster. They seem to have developed a chemistry and the prospects look good going forward. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Wallace should have made it on defense

They only picked 2 CBs. Should have picked 3 - 2 outside and one slot. Wallace ended the season as their top rated rookie CB, but it’s probably a full season thing and he didn’t play as much as the others.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They only picked 2 CBs. Should have picked 3 - 2 outside and one slot. Wallace ended the season as their top rated rookie CB, but it’s probably a full season thing and he didn’t play as much as the others.

He and Foster started mattering during the same game. They both had the same amount of time basically. It was that Barkley jet game for both.

Just serves as a reminder to many, including myself, that the front office has a process and evaluate things we don’t see.  We’ve swung and missed, held on too long sometimes, but this time it worked out tremendously 

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder how much the success of Foster (and to a lesser degree Mckenzie) will impact how the Bills view the types of receivers they target moving forward.

Allen's accuracy issues are well documented, and so finding guys that can really get open becomes that much more important. The one thing that Zay, Clay, Holmes, and KB all had in common is none of them were very good at gaining separation. You probably give up some blocking, execution on wr screens, etc., going after guys like that but until Allen can learn to become more precise on his throws (i.e. leading receivers away from defenders more consistently) there are going to be issues completing balls in tight coverage.   

Edited by VW82

I can't help but think how asinine I found the thread posing the question as to whether or not he could be a #1.

Amazing find by Beane and Daboll. Kid deserves all the praise in the world. Must have enormous confidence considering he was so unproductive at Alabama and needed to be humbled by the demotion. That kind of confidence and belief is necessary to thrive at the professional level.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Wallace should have made it on defense

PFF: Levi Wallace is NFL's best rookie corner

By: Nick Wojton | January 2, 2019 6:00 pm ET

The Buffalo Bills had two of the NFL’s best rookie corners in 2018 and when it was all said and done, one of the two took over the the league’s No. 1, according to Pro Football Focus.

Tre’Davious White is the top dog and the Bills have added Levi Wallace and Taron Johnson to their young core in the secondary. Following the season finale, PFF announced their highest-rated rookie cornerbacks. Wallace finish the season with an overall grade of 83.5, making him the NFL’s best rookie cornerback in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4