Buffalo's reputation amongst free agents

clayboy54

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's recent, and not too bad.

Visitor locker rooms are always worse than home locker rooms, of course.  Any player who judges a team as a free agent destination based on the visitor's locker room is probably too stupid to be a good free-agent signing anyway.

geesh. from the tone and tenor of some of these postings, you would think that the visitors locker room was a gulag or something. nothing wrong with them, at all. 

12 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Man your hits and misses list is basically old regime vs new. That doesn't bode well for the future.

Well, there are warning flags, which is part of why I and some others are declining to go "all in" on McDermott and Beane.  But the list also misses some arguable hits and misses for both regimes (eg, I would score Chris Ivory a hit for this regime, Mike Williams OL as a huge miss for the previous)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I cant believe a thread where a guy cites his wife was working out with Tyler Eiferts dad, and he goes on about facilities has gone on this long.

Hey, it's the off-season.

If you want threads that interest you more, start 'em.

If there are existing threads that you like better, bump 'em by contributing.

Always amazes me how people BUMP threads and prolong their life by posting to object to 'em.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Since I'm the person that brought up the visiting locker room, let me make this clear:

My point was that it's easy to see how an opposing player would get the idea that Buffalo's facilities are lousy given the condition of what part of them they see.

I didn't say that the visiting locker room would or should prevent a FA from signing here, and I also made it clear that the facilities are among the nicest in the NFL.

[b[I've seen a fair amount of confusion over my comments, so hopefully that clears it up.[/b]Are

Are you admitting to obfuscating? If so you are to blame for the confusion. :)

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

... Always amazes me how people BUMP threads and prolong their life by posting to object to 'em.

to be fair, i don't think you could classify Dirty B's post as a bump.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the effect of any post on a thread.  Bumps it.

of course, but the word bump implies and is generally accepted as meaning it is making an attempt at resurrecting a dying thread. Dirty B's posting coming 10 minutes after the one preceding it doesn't make that distinction.

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I cant believe a thread where a guy cites his wife was working out with Tyler Eiferts dad, and he goes on about facilities has gone on this long.

None of the responses have any sources, as far as how bad the locker rooms or facilities are. This thread is grade a garbage. 

Who is this guy and his wife recruiting free agents to Buffalo, and why does he think he is anyone that a free agent would listen to?

If you actually met Eifferts dad, he probably was just saying stuff to be left alone.

The Eifferts are from Fort Wayne, where I now live. Quite a few NFL players come out of here.  Jalen and Rod Smith, Rod Woodson, Jason Fabini, and even the late James Hardy came from here. The top physical trainer here is a great friend and he also is the trainer of these guys during the off season. He is a former NCAA div 2 left tackle. I certainly don’t claim any inside clout at all. We do get to know and befriend some of these players and their families. That said, we always promote Buffalo and as long time fans, paint the best picture of the team and the community.

You, my friend have made an interesting comment made to my wife yesterday into a poor effort at a personal attack when none is deserved.