Wild Card Saturday: FA targets to watch

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

is that their base D?

Yes it's Romeo Crennel's defense. Obviously Clowney plays a lot of hand in the dirt defensive end in sub packages and such,  it yeah he moves around a lot becuase he technically doesn't play a side. In reality he's an elite player who can really play anywhere. 

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Clowney would be good, but he’s no Mack or Donald. 

I think Clowney would explode if they let him just play defensive end in a 4-3. Then he could really play fast and not have to think. He would be unleashed imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Either way. If we are able to add a pass rushing DE in FA then we could go Offense all the way in the draft. 

You still need a three technique. There are basically two who are going to be on the market, Sheldon Richardson and Grady Jarrett. Grady doesn't make it to free agency. I still think our top ten pick is a defensive tackle. That's where the talent and value is. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You still need a three technique. There are basically two who are going to be on the market, Sheldon Richardson and Grady Jarrett. Grady doesn't make it to free agency. I still think our top ten pick is a defensive tackle. That's where the talent and value is. 

Me too. Theres like 5 of em worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There will be a few players to watch Monday night on both Dlines

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Can Phillips or Harry play 3T?

2 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Can Phillips or Harry play 3T?

IMO, Jordan can be a decent situational 3T, but I wouldn't want to rely on him over the course of a season. Harry has not shown to be explosive enough off the ball to play the position. It's a need.

• Like (+1) 2

Golden Tate plus Sean Lee in a trade.  Dallas will need cap space Sean Lee has 1 year left on his deal possibly obtained for a fifth.  Derek Anderson has helped Josh Allen tremendously. Sean Lee could help tremaine Edmunds the same way he helped the young bucks in Dallas. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and I do think they will be judicious, but my pipe dream is adding some kind of elite difference maker to the DL. 

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yes folks D line is absolutely a need so be ready for one to be added somewhere, possibly two......

I think that will happen more so in the draft than in free agency.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

IMO, Jordan can be a decent situational 3T, but I wouldn't want to rely on him over the course of a season. Harry has not shown to be explosive enough off the ball to play the position. It's a need.

Agreed.  Neither Jordan ( if retained) or Harry have the quick get off, hand fighting skills or pass rush savvy of Kyle.

If Tampa releases Gerald McCoy or ATL let's Jarrett go they would be targets.  There are some young 3 technique DTs that will be FAs too Philon, LAC.  Covington HOU.  Jefferson SEA.

Quinne n Williams and Ed Oliver are the 3T poster boys in the draft and are likely top 1/3 picks in Rd 1. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s more likely they get him signed to an extension than franchise him. Players hate the tag for good reason and agents will not stand for it if they have the space to offer the deal. But he’s going to want the largest defensive contract in history so they will need to want to pay him that. Will he get it? I don’t know but he will want it and my guess is if Houston doesn’t do it someone else will. They have a QB deal looming, so can’t tie up all the space. Honestly neither can the Bills, they gave a lot of young players they will need to pay in the next couple years and need to be thoughtful even though it looks like they have a lot of space. Just saying it’s not always clean. 

He's got be crazy to command richest contract in history. But i guess thats the tactic agents will use to get there clients top dollar.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

He's got be crazy to command richest contract in history. But i guess thats the tactic agents will use to get there clients top dollar.

Of course they will try, and he might get it. Doesn’t mean he’s better than Mack or Donald, just that he’s  the latest one to get paid and the top FA at his position