Wild Card Saturday: FA targets to watch

YoloinOhio

Potential Buffalo Bills free agency targets to watch on Wild Card Saturday

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/potential-buffalo-bills-free-agency-targets-to-watch-on-wild-card-saturday

Indianapolis at Houston, 4:35 pm
Indianapolis - RG Mark Glowinski, No. 64

Others considered: CB Pierre Desir, LB Najee Goode

Houston - RT Kendall Lamm, No. 74

Others considered: DT Christian Covington, RB Alfred Blue

Seattle at Dallas, 8:15 pm
Seattle - RB Mike Davis, No. 27

Others considered: S Maurice Alexander, G J.R. Sweezy

Dallas - WR Cole Beasley, No. 11

Others considered: T Cameron Fleming, RB Rod Smith

Joe B doesn’t mention Clowney ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I think Clowney would be a perfect pick up then we could go offense in the draft. 2-3 OL in FA also. CB somewhere. Then offense, offense, offense. 

I would love to see them make a run at Clowney to replace Murphy. Keep Shaq and Hughes.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I know the Texans do a lot of things with Clowney in terms of moving him around and creating matchups. Wonder if there is even a chance he gets out of the building. 

I’ve always thought that they wouldn’t pay both him and Watt, but maybe they can. A QB on a rookie deal will help them in a lot of ways. But they really need to upgrade their OL. 

12 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Clowney aint going nowhere they will franchise him. The Texans have 74mil under cap in 2019.

I think it’s more likely they get him signed to an extension than franchise him. Players hate the tag for good reason and agents will not stand for it if they have the space to offer the deal. But he’s going to want the largest defensive contract in history so they will need to want to pay him that. Will he get it? I don’t know but he will want it and my guess is if Houston doesn’t do it someone else will. They have a QB deal looming, so can’t tie up all the space. Honestly neither can the Bills, they gave a lot of young players they will need to pay in the next couple years and need to be thoughtful even though it looks like they have a lot of space. Just saying it’s not always clean. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

100+m over 5 years most of it guaranteed.

Didn't our GM say something about judicious spending?

You can get 4 or 5 new O line men for that money and the draft is deeper in D line talent.

Yes and I do think they will be judicious, but my pipe dream is adding some kind of elite difference maker to the DL. 

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

doesn't Clowney play RDE mostly (Hughes' position)?

Clowney can do whatever, but he plays OLB in their 3-4 scheme.  

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Clowney aint going nowhere they will franchise him. The Texans have 74mil under cap in 2019.

Yep. Demarcus Lawrence won't make it to free agency either. There's no way. If people want a young defensive end with some skill, who actually has a chance to hit free agency it's Trey Flowers of the Patriots. The are likely to use the franchise tag on Stephen Gostkowski, and they really don't ever use it on position players. 

• Like (+1) 3