Von Miller’s mom wants a trade, blames Elway

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Interesting. so by your definition, to be a "grown man", you have to control the actions and opinions of other adult family members?

Well, let me explain it to you more succinctly. 

If you are a grown man your parents shouldn’t be getting involved in your professional life. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

Well, let me explain it to you more succinctly. 

If you are a grown man your parents shouldn’t be getting involved in your professional life. 

So then, if your parents post an opinion on your professional life completely beyond your control on social media, that should now reflect badly upon you and every person born after 1987?

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

So then, if your parents post an opinion on your professional life completely beyond your control on social media, that should now reflect badly upon you and every person born after 1987?

Any person born anytime, except it primarily happens with parents of kids born after 1987. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Broncos can make a deal for Antonio Brown's mom. 

They could trade for his dad who is an Arenaball legend here in Albany.  https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/capital-region/sports/2018/04/15/touchdown-eddie-brown-reflects-on-his-time-in-albany

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

This is literally the spot where we can and should push chips on the table for a 3 year window 

Real mixed feelings on this one. Von Miller will be 30 in March and he's still performing at a high level with 14.5 sacks. You put him on the other side of Jerry Hughes, go out and draft Dexter Lawrence DT and all the sudden you got a dominant front 4. But 17 million that's a lot of cake, tough call. Plus what do you have to give up?

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Just think it’s really weird for a grown man to have his momma getting all emotional in public and calling out his boss about her son’s job. Call me old fashioned, but it’s weird. 

But it's not weird for the other thousands of people to have an opinion about how football teams are run?  It's just weird because it's his mom?  Football players are public personas, as are the people who run the teams.  Being in the public spotlight means that people are going to have opinions on how things are done.  Whether it's by your mother, your father, your fifth cousin twice removed, some guy you knew in high school, or the fans.  They all have opinions and a platform to share their opinion.  I guarantee there have been times where you have questioned the Bill's management or players about all the stupid things they have done.  Only difference is you're not related to them, so it doesn't go viral

Also, you say in public.  I wouldn't call commenting on an Instagram picture "in public" 

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I can’t even imagine dealing with that generation and their parents. 

Can you imagine Kent Hull’s mom complaining to the news?  Or Lawrence Taylor’s mom?  Or literally any grown man you’ve ever met older than 25 years old?

So you don't deal with people between the ages of roughly 20 and 50?  What planet are you living on?  Also, LT's mom and/or Kent Hull's mom had their own set of opinions.  People having opinions isn't a new thing.  They just didn't have a platform (Twitter/Instagram/Whatever else) to espouse their (likely) stupid ideas

You're blaming kids for parents who can't control themselves or don't realize that they are in the public's eye.  Literally makes zero sense

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

But it's not weird for the other thousands of people to have an opinion about how football teams are run?  It's just weird because it's his mom?  Football players are public personas, as are the people who run the teams.  Being in the public spotlight means that people are going to have opinions on how things are done.  Whether it's by your mother, your father, your fifth cousin twice removed, some guy you knew in high school, or the fans.  They all have opinions and a platform to share their opinion.  I guarantee there have been times where you have questioned the Bill's management or players about all the stupid things they have done.  Only difference is you're not related to them, so it doesn't go viral

Also, you say in public.  I wouldn't call commenting on an Instagram picture "in public" 

So you don't deal with people between the ages of roughly 20 and 50?  What planet are you living on?  Also, LT's mom and/or Kent Hull's mom had their own set of opinions.  People having opinions isn't a new thing.  They just didn't have a platform (Twitter/Instagram/Whatever else) to espouse their (likely) stupid ideas

You're blaming kids for parents who can't control themselves or don't realize that they are in the public's eye.  Literally makes zero sense

Shh... No logic, only blaming young folks here...

57 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Real mixed feelings on this one. Von Miller will be 30 in March and he's still performing at a high level with 14.5 sacks. You put him on the other side of Jerry Hughes, go out and draft Dexter Lawrence DT and all the sudden you got a dominant front 4. But 17 million that's a lot of cake, tough call. Plus what do you have to give up?

The problem isn't the $17 million per year salary - the Bills can easily afford that (without having to get into salary cap accounting gimmicks.)

The problem is the one or more first round picks that Elway will demand to trade him. Denver isn't letting him go cheap - they know what they have in him.

3 hours ago, berg1029 said:

Well, as a man he COULD approach his mother and tell her to knock it off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoeF said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/von-miller-7717/

Signed through 2022 with base salaries of $17 million; $17.5 million and $17.5 million for the next three seasons....His contract would be up the same year the Bills would have to renew Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds and the year after Tre White's renewal kicks in....

You assume a great career continues easily through 3 more seasons??

i guess there’s a ten percent chance.

this is football, they aren’t even guaranteed getting through the next practice.....

Guys like Miller burn out in a second, unfortunately.

Want an example of a "millenial" parent interfering with professional lives?  Lavar Ball

this is just a mom  who is obviously looking out for her son and in her mind is supporting him.

Bad idea? sure.   But you cant knock her for it

Im pretty sure busting his a** to get him to the nfl takes himout of the "millenial" category.

Nice try

• Like (+1) 1